Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New member 1st Jag (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-member-1st-jag-76004/)

Cay Jag 06-30-2012 10:32 AM

New member 1st Jag

Hey, just bought my first jag a 2002 Jaguar Xtype 3.0. She is a looker, has tons of power but ride and handling- little dissapointing compared to my previous cars- a Bavarian 328 and a Merc C200. Decided to hold off on naming her (I know, I know) until after a few months to see how she treats me. If she is good to me ...Marilyn (Monroe) but if she treats me wrong -Hillary (Clinton).

I had it looked at and the mechanic told me the front stabiliser links, control arm bushing and rear spindle bushing were worn out. Cost of replacing this was US$ 4,000- which I felt was a little expensive.

Thing is I live on a small Island (the Cayman Islands) and everthing here is grossly overpriced. I really do wnt to get my Jag n tip top condition. Welcome any tips as to where I can purchase reasonably priced original or OEM parts for my Jag.

Thanks.
Cay Jag

steveinfrance 06-30-2012 10:38 AM

Welcome to this very friendly forum. I used to live part time on St Marteen and loved the Caribbean.
Sailed all over it with great pleasure and lots of rum.
I'm surprised you've got enough road there for a Jag, St Marteen only had one road which was a permanent traffic jam.
Be sure to add your car's details (and a pic) to your signature and post on the X Type forum for your answers.

GGG 06-30-2012 10:46 AM

Welcome to the forum Cay Jag,

Check this link to the X-Type - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum section before letting your mechanic loose. The experts should help source parts at a more reasonable cost.

Remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others give you relevant advice.

Hope you don't get stuck with Hilary. :icon_lol:

Graham

Norri 06-30-2012 11:01 AM

Welcome to the forum,

Good to have you with us.
I was wondering about the roads on Cayman also.

The CIA says that you have 785Kms, they get into everything don't they?

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.

Cay Jag 06-30-2012 07:20 PM

Thanks Steveinfrance. St Marteen..never been but hope to visit some day. Yes the Islands are a blast but not too much road. Thanks GGG - appreciate the help. Norri the roads arent half bad and to be honets I've seen worse trafick. cant really complain.

islander03XJR 06-30-2012 08:35 PM

Hi Folks,I'm new to the forum.

Thanks for your generous knowledge sharing,I'm not alone anymore.
You know when you need help and your the best mechanic around,now I have this forum to trouble shoot with.
I bought my first Jag 2 years ago,2003 XJR, 80,000 miles and fell in love.
I wanted a car with some guts,wow,it jumps like a cat at 50mph +.
We have used this site without joining and got lots of help,it can only get better from here.
Thanks again.
islander03XJR

Translator 07-01-2012 03:18 AM

Welcome to the forum Cay Jag.

Good to see you.

A few location shots with your Jag would be nice. :)

JimC64 07-01-2012 05:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 163457

Hey Cay Jag welcome aboard Jaguarforums, good to have you here with us

lovin the X type, AWD is awesome.............any pics :icon_photo:?

There's a really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun :icon_rally: here.....

I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the whole site and all its features

Jump on in and enjoy the site.................