Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New Member & 1st time Jag owner (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-member-1st-time-jag-owner-47797/)

Pbford 12-29-2010 11:30 PM

New Member & 1st time Jag owner

Howdy,

We bought a used 2004 Jaguar X-Type on Dec. 17 and am now wondering why we waited so long to buy a Jag. I know its the baby Jag and some folks don't think highly of it but for an entry level luxury sport sedan I do not see why. We looked at BMW and Audi and settled on the X-Type because of the AWD and Jaguars reputation and mystique along with the luxury touches inside.

I had a 1998 SHO and while I loved that car the X-Type is better in almost every way. I wish it had more power but don't we all? :icon_wink:

Anyway, I am 51 and work in a book printing/binding plant, not your typical Jag owner as I drive a forklift for a living.

Any advice on the care and feeding of the big cat will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Cadillac 12-30-2010 04:22 AM

Welcome, in your case better than never some sort of lol
It's lovely to see happy jag owners and have cheerful driving as well as forum posting

JimC64 12-30-2010 06:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 174935

welcome aboard one of the best and friendliest forums around Paul :icon_razz:
Thanks for the intro & Good to have you here with us. Who says you're not a typical Jag owner?

Please feel free to check out the regional sections for members that may be close to you. Off topics always a blast too with plenty going on......
Get posting!!!!

In the meantime I've upgraded your membership to full forum access so you can better view all the sites features:icon_razz:

Norri 12-30-2010 11:40 AM

Welcome Paul,

I'm sure you will enjoy the Jag more than the forklift, you may need to moderate the driving style also. :icon_wink:

IME forklift drivers are a combination of Michael Schummacher and crash test dummies. :icon_couchhide:

Just joking!

Gus 12-30-2010 12:18 PM

Welcome to the forum.

mohrd 12-30-2010 05:44 PM

Welcome. Don't know if there is a "typical" jag owner anymore.

PS Some of us do think quite highly of our baby Jags. Hope you will be one of them. Get into the X-type section and do some research on things you may want to check out as a new owner.

Pbford 12-30-2010 06:24 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Thank you JimC for the upgrade as I ran into that roadblock when I was posting a reply to a tire question and had to post twice. :icon_wink:

Quote from norri:
"IME forklift drivers are a combination of Michael Schummacher and crash test dummies. :icon_couchhide:"

Hey, I resemble that remark, thank you very much. :icon_dance-twist: LOL! I just wish I had the Stig's skills.

Paul

Pbford 12-30-2010 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by mohrd (Post 287071)
Welcome. Don't know if there is a "typical" jag owner anymore.

PS Some of us do think quite highly of our baby Jags. Hope you will be one of them. Get into the X-type section and do some research on things you may want to check out as a new owner.

Well you should hear some of the razzing I'm takeing at work. Even my supervisor asked me "what the F is this about you and a Jaguar?"

Sorry if I gave the wrong impression but I LOVE this car!!! It my be a baby but its MY BABY!

Was looking through that section this morning and already have plans to do the TC and rear diff drain & fill, along with the center shaft bearing grease. When it gets warmer I'll probably do the autotrans service since Valvoline won't touch it. Sealed for life thing ya know. :icon_doh:

Oh well, Happy motoring ya'll. And Happy New Year to everyone.

Paul