Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New member in Boulder, CO (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-member-boulder-co-54677/)

Illini 05-15-2011 01:41 AM

New member in Boulder, CO

Just picked up a 2003 S-Type R (Quartz, Dove) in Houston and had a nice drive home. Good chance to get familiar with the car; although, hit with some rain and snow as I got close to home. First time with a Jaguar, so read a lot of the previous postings before purchasing. Thanks to everyone for the great information.

Looks like I will have a couple of electrical gremlins to sort out (height adjustment of driver seat, pedal adjustment) and some exterior window molding to fix. Going to try swapping the seat controllers tomorrow. Otherwise, the car seems to be in nice shape. Also trying to get a PLX Kiwi WiFi ODB II interface to work with iPhone, but so far can only get the VIN recognized in Rev Lite and nothing in FuzzyCar. Anyone use that combination with S-Type? Seems like everyone relies on the failure codes for diagnostics. Hoping I don't see any codes popping up for a while.

MidwestJag 05-15-2011 06:14 AM

Welcome, Illini:
The s-type folks on this forum will take good care of you. Cheers and happy driving!
Scott

mrtalkradio 05-15-2011 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Illini (Post 350766)
and snow as I got close to home.

Ah lucky you, snow in mid May. I won't miss a day without it.
Welcome.

Norri 05-15-2011 07:37 AM

Welcome to the forum,

There are lot's of helpful guys in the S section who will help you with any problems.

Fraser Mitchell 05-15-2011 02:43 PM

Hi Illini

I am sure you will enjoy driving a Jaguar, but in Boulder, Colorado, you will surely need something with tracks for your winter motoring.

Illini 05-15-2011 04:59 PM

Thanks Fraser. I have a Jeep for the winter, so the STR doesn't have to brave the snow unless it wants too.

JimC64 05-15-2011 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 172348

Hey there and welcome aboard

You might find the off topic good for fun, maybe check out the mug shot thread and add yours?

Some good guys and great techs, top vendors and more to come....all good

In the meantime I've upgraded you manually to full forum access so you can better view the site:)

Gus 05-16-2011 06:38 PM

Hello and welcome to jaguarforums.com.

Oh one other thing you need to put your car details in your signature. I am speaking of the Year, Make & Model. Without it you may not get the input you are looking for.

Please take a moment and read the information provided to you explaining the rules. Be patient and enjoy the site.

RCSign 05-17-2011 10:17 PM

Illini
Welcome to the Forum are you originally from Illinois? Boulder's a beautiful city, lived in Sunshine Canyon back in 1970. Just loved it. Happy motoring with the cat.

Kapitan1975 05-18-2011 02:03 AM

Hi welcome to the forum
did your got your car in houston? is it from the Jaguar North Houston dealership?
any how.. welcome to the STR.. don't forget to post some pictures.

take care

Translator 05-18-2011 02:23 AM

Welcome to the forum good to have you with us. Snow in mid May, no thanks. Brrr

Illini 05-18-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by RCSign (Post 352137)
Illini
Welcome to the Forum are you originally from Illinois? Boulder's a beautiful city, lived in Sunshine Canyon back in 1970. Just loved it. Happy motoring with the cat.

Thanks. Yes, went to high school and college in Illinois, but have been out here 10+ years. I like being in Boulder, but there are many nice places in Colorado.

Illini 05-18-2011 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Kapitan1975 (Post 352210)
Hi welcome to the forum
did your got your car in houston? is it from the Jaguar North Houston dealership?
any how.. welcome to the STR.. don't forget to post some pictures.

take care

Thanks. Yes, the car is from Audi North Houston, but was serviced at Jaguar North Houston. Know anything about it? Looks like the previous owner used an extended warranty to fix some of the typical problems. Hopefully that means they won't recur again soon, but time will tell.

I am taking care of a few little things, but one big question is whether the rear struts need to be replaced. Ride didn't feel bad on my trip, but the struts may be leaking/weeping. Not cheap to fix, so not sure what the indication would be that they have gotten to the point they need to be replaced. Nothing dripping to the floor so far, but it was mentioned in the pre purchase inspection.