New Member Area - Intro a MUST New to Jaguar Forums? Drop in and tell us about you, your ride and location. This is your chance to introduce yourself to the forum.

New member Edmonton

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An Edmontonian driving a Jaguar ??? Just kidding ( I grew up in Edmonton). Your XK will truly stand out amongst all the 4x4's. Hopefully the city fills in some of the potholes - last summer I just about tore a wheel off my XJR , lucky all it did was bend the rim .

Cheers, Andrew

Old 03-10-2014, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Don B
Welcome, DRettaler!

May I suggest that the first warm day you can drive the XK8 you take a nice long drive to Jasper and down to Banff, with stops at Lake Louise and Moraine Lake... Some of the greatest Jaguar drives on earth are right in your back yard!

Cheers,

Don
Hi Don,
Great idea! I'll be picking up the jag on Vancouver island and driving it back shortly. Snow is melting fast here and I've got the itch for a I've never been to the Columbia ice fields, not even sure if they are still there but that would put me in the area. I'm going to make it a four day trip. Not only to really enjoy the ride but also incase of anything unexpected, car related.
Thanks for the good ideas!
Cheers,

Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Bluebayou
An Edmontonian driving a Jaguar ??? Just kidding ( I grew up in Edmonton). Your XK will truly stand out amongst all the 4x4's. Hopefully the city fills in some of the potholes - last summer I just about tore a wheel off my XJR , lucky all it did was bend the rim .

Cheers, Andrew
Hi Andrew!
There are quite a few jags up here! I don't think too many of the drivers are enthusiasts though. Just rich people buying for status.. It's sad really. They don't appreciate their cars.
I've been watching for some xk8 and to be honest I've seen a few in back alleys parked and not in road condition. I'm sure mine will stand out. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. The cops here don't seem to like cars that stand out, especially a nice red coupe. Lol, I'm sure a few tickets are heading my way but it's worth it.
Have a great day!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:38 AM

A red XK8 in Edmonton - you truly are a glutton for punishment ! When I drive up from Calgary I am amazed at how much radar is in Edmonton . My detector is constantly going off - K ,Ka, band. I swear every intersection has a camera. I've rarely seen a Jag in Edmonton , even in Calgary there isn't a huge presence of older models. I drive the XJR all year ( except this year) - the traction control works great. This year the temperatures were too low ( below -20C) and the front air shocks would leak because the seals would shrink . Have fun on Groat Road !!

Old 06-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome from fellow Edmontionian! What area you in? If you on the west and spot a Blk/Blk Coupe with 20' Detroits tearing it up - it's probably me. Made the right move with the coupe.

If you dont already have the Jtis, you should get it. It will save you boat loads from the S-T-E-A-L-E-R ship.

-Sean

Old 06-05-2014, 11:29 AM

Jtis --- please elaborate....

Old 06-07-2014, 12:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...archive-66011/

Its pretty much a Haynes Manual x 1000. I used it to take my supercharger out to repair the coolant lines underneath. Couldn't have done it with JTIS.