Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New member here - Huge Jaguar Fan (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-member-here-huge-jaguar-fan-130167/)

JexyMG 11-01-2014 12:37 AM

New member here - Huge Jaguar Fan

Hi there. New member here. You can call me Jexy. Huge Jaguar fan since I saw my very first XJ commercial when I was a kid. It was classy, had some old school Jazz type song with it, and it was soooo sleek.

That got me into Jags, and being a huge auto fan in general, I had all the racing games as a kid. So the XJ220 and XJR-15 were naturally favorites.

I own a 2005 Jaguar XJR (pics in my garage) along with a Mercedes-Benz S600 and a 2011 Buick Regal (for driving downtown). Jag is the clear favorite of course. I have always had a big thing for 2006 XKR Coupes. Pretty rare to find in good condition with low miles but I love their sleek look over the new XK design. But I have seen a few newer XK Coupes that were able to catch my eye.

I am always interested in stats, so if anyone has anything on the elusive XJR-15 LM or XJ220 S I would love to hear/discuss.

Grant Francis 11-01-2014 12:50 AM

Welcome.

NICE ride the XJR.

HAHAHA on the 220. I want someone to buy one for me, but they would NEVER see me again, mmm.

Enjoy.

JexyMG 11-01-2014 01:08 AM

Thank you! Tis a nice ride indeed. As far as the 220 goes... I guess I shouldn't give one to you then if someone decides to give me 2 then haha.

Originally Posted by Grant Francis (Post 1091688)
Welcome.

NICE ride the XJR.

HAHAHA on the 220. I want someone to buy one for me, but they would NEVER see me again, mmm.

Enjoy.

o1xjr 11-01-2014 06:12 AM

Welcome to the forum

jackra_1 11-01-2014 06:36 AM

Fellow 2005 XJR owner

Welcome JexyMG.
I also have a 2005 Jaguar XJR, bought a few months ago, and absolutely love it. Not looking forward to Winter here in MD because I will not be driving it much. I added Bluetooth and Voice Activation Control as well as upgraded the NAV CD all with information from this Forum. Also changed out the wheel lug nuts for Toyota one piece after a fiasco with the dealer I purchased car from.

Norri 11-01-2014 09:57 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Jexy,

Good to have you with us.
Looks like you are finding your way around fine, have fun!
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

sklimii 11-01-2014 11:00 AM

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!!

JexyMG 11-01-2014 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by jackra_1 (Post 1091777)
Welcome JexyMG.
I also have a 2005 Jaguar XJR, bought a few months ago, and absolutely love it. Not looking forward to Winter here in MD because I will not be driving it much. I added Bluetooth and Voice Activation Control as well as upgraded the NAV CD all with information from this Forum. Also changed out the wheel lug nuts for Toyota one piece after a fiasco with the dealer I purchased car from.

Ah yeah, you need to move her to AZ! You can drive it all year round. I love the 05 XJR look too. It has the classic XJ look but with modern features. As opposed to the 2001 XJ which is all steel instead of aluminum. If you ever have driven one of the older ones, while fast, it feels like a heavy steel ship compared to the newer aluminum bodies. Still look awesome though.

LnrB 11-01-2014 03:35 PM

Hello, Jexy,
I agree, the Xj6s are The Quintessentially Archetype of Cool.
Reckon why I might think that.
Welcome from ElinorB.
(';')

GGG 11-02-2014 05:40 AM

Welcome to the forum JexyMG,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

I can see you've already found your way to the X350 tech forum so there's no need for a link to it from me.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

JimC64 11-03-2014 06:29 PM

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

Any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

cat_as_trophy 11-04-2014 02:49 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums

Welcome . . . and greetings from a fellow enthusiast in Australia.

JexyMG 11-05-2014 12:16 PM

Thank you for the welcome everyone!