Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New member from Northern Virgina (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-member-northern-virgina-119294/)

Rob_hook 06-05-2014 11:37 PM

New member from Northern Virgina

Just bought a 1999 XJR today. My first Jag! I've owned other British cars (Bentley, DeLorean) and been involved with the upkeep of others (Morgan, Lotus) so I've been around the block a few times. I do all of my own repairs/maintenance and come from a family with a long tradition in the automotive business, mostly with Mercedes-Benz and Studebakers. Looking forward to participating in the forums!

I'd also be interested in network with any other owners in the Northern Virginia (especially Alexandria) area.

o1xjr 06-06-2014 03:41 AM

Welcome to the forum

Five Speed 06-06-2014 06:42 AM

Hello & welcome...

Grant Francis 06-06-2014 06:43 AM

Welcome.

Nice choice of Jag. Your past passions will serve you well here.

WhiteXKR 06-06-2014 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rob_hook (Post 990255)
Just bought a 1999 XJR today. My first Jag! I've owned other British cars (Bentley, DeLorean) and been involved with the upkeep of others (Morgan, Lotus) so I've been around the block a few times. I do all of my own repairs/maintenance and come from a family with a long tradition in the automotive business, mostly with Mercedes-Benz and Studebakers. Looking forward to participating in the forums!

I'd also be interested in network with any other owners in the Northern Virginia (especially Alexandria) area.

Hi Rob-

Welcome to the forum! The DC area folks are doing two get-togethers a year now (spring and fall). Keep your eye on the mid-Atlantic section for more information.

sklimii 06-06-2014 07:15 AM

welcome to the forum - you will find plenty of info and support here simply follow the links below:

For technical information on the XJR, check out the XJ(X308) section paying particular attention to the first few threads with a wealth of downloads, how to's etc.:

XJ ( X308 ) XJ8 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

for local events/news, check out the MidAtlantic US regional

Mid Atlantic - MD VA DC DE WV - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

lastly - recommend adding a signature to your profile by clicking the user cp link in the upper left - be sure to include model and year for best support

enjoy!!!

Norri 06-06-2014 08:46 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Rob,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

cat_as_trophy 06-06-2014 09:59 AM

Hello Rob ... greetings and welcome to the forum. Dive in and enjoy!

Ken

LnrB 06-06-2014 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rob_hook (Post 990255)

Congratulations on your first Jaguar, Rob!
You'll get on with it just fine since you're already accustomed to doing your own repairs.

Welcome from ElinorB.
(';')

JimC64 06-08-2014 06:34 PM

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

JimC64 06-08-2014 06:34 PM

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

GGG 06-23-2014 04:48 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Rob.

Graham