Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New Member - NSW Australia (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-member-nsw-australia-219085/)

wouldbeowner 06-13-2019 01:51 AM

New Member - NSW Australia

Hello all. I do not have a Jag YET but have started the process that will one day in the not too distant future get me there. I have owned a few interesting 'classic" cars over the years - 1964 Mini Cooper, 1959 Mercedes 220S, 1959 AH Sprite Mk 1, 1963 Alfa 2600 Sprint, VW Beetle, Renault 10, Landrover Defender 130, MGB x 2. As a young bloke when I had the Alfa the fellow over the road had a Triumph 2500 sedan and a BRG Mk 2 3.4 auto which he spent a lot of time washing and polishing (this would have been 1977). He loved it.
The father of a friend of mine at around the same time had a bit of a collection of classic vehicles including a 1923 Vauxhaul 30/98 OE and a 3.8L manual Mk 2. He live about 300 miles north of Sydney and there were two route he could use to get home. One was sealed rural roads (we called them highways but they were just one lane each direction) and the other includes about 30 mile of dirt.
The Jag held the record for the quickest trip between sydney and his property via the sealed road. Interestingly the 30/98 held the record for the dirt road option - it was quicker on unsealed windy roads than the jag.
Anyway, the aura of jags has been in my mind's eye for decades and I am hoping soon to have one.

Grant Francis 06-13-2019 02:07 AM

Welcome to the Forums.

Some REAL classics in that bunch, and the oldies were not as slow as some think, especially on our OZ dirt roads, special roads them.

Good luck with the search.

wouldbeowner 06-13-2019 02:11 AM

Thanks Grant. Much appreciated. Your list of ex vehicles isnt too shabby either.

Daf11e 06-13-2019 02:49 AM

Welcome aboard, Good to have another NSWelshman. I've added you to the NSW Roll just follow the link below.
Without sounding too old....they were the days! Good Luck with your search.

GGG 06-13-2019 04:04 AM

Welcome to the forums wouldbeowner,

Good to have you with us. Thanks for the great Intro post.

I can see you've already found your way to the relevant Model and Region forums so there's no need for any links from me. The 'HOW TO' thread at the top of the Model forums is a good place to start for information on regular issues.

Enjoy the forums and I hope it's not too long before you can strike the "wouldbe" from your user name.

Graham

Norri 06-13-2019 05:29 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums wouldbeowner,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

sklimii 06-13-2019 05:29 AM

welcome to the forum - enjoy!!

o1xjr 06-13-2019 08:11 AM

Welcome to the forums.