Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New member from Virginia (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-member-virginia-64869/)

Card Shark 12-13-2011 09:00 AM

New member from Virginia

A few weeks ago I purchased a 2005 Jaguar S Type 4.2L. I have always been attracted to Jags and now that I own one I am developing a serious love affair with the car. Everyday, I find myself looking for excuses to take the car for a quick drive. This being my first Jaguar, I am sure I will have lots of questions. I am trying to read as many threads currently on the site as possible in order not to be asking questions that have already been answered.

bryce804 12-13-2011 09:08 AM

Welcome to the site from another va member!

Norri 12-13-2011 11:47 AM

Welcome to the forum,

I'm happy to here that you are enjoying it.

XJL 12-13-2011 02:44 PM

Welcome to the forum. A great group of people here!

Dale57 12-13-2011 03:16 PM

Welcome from Hardy, VA

JimC64 12-13-2011 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 168040

welcome aboard, grrreat to have you with us here at JF :icon_beerchug:
Really nice intro thanks for sharing and nice ride too, .....but where's the pics???
No doubt you'll be back with some soon

As for your comments on reading as much as .....not asking questions that have been asked before?

Please don't worry too much about it.
Reading as much as you can, can only be a good thing for your knowledge base in future I guess, so thats an upside.
The guys here are the best forumers I have seen anywhere, its unlikely that you'll get any / too many posters complaining if the question has been asked before, here.
Its a forum and that happens almost every day in every other section.....

There really are some amazing and friendly guys here....you're in really good company to discuss anything Jag related or have a few laughs!

A really great mix of information, camraderrie and fun :icon_rally:
I've manually upgraded you to full forum access so you can better view the site.........
so now jump on in and enjoy, all the best. :icon_beerchug:

The Chris X 12-14-2011 07:30 AM

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you have the disease the rest of us do - "Jaguar-itis"...there is no cure...

The only treatment is to stop by the forum and post up often!! :)

GoKittyGo 12-14-2011 08:21 AM

Welcome from Newport News! (Very nice car btw!)

Card Shark 12-14-2011 09:49 AM

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Just this morning on the way to work, I was thinking to myself what a pleasure the car is to drive. Everytime I get behind the wheel it feels very special. I can't believe I was so torn about purchasing it. I run the internet department for a Hyundai Dealership and one of my clients traded the car in. What initially peaked my interest was the fact he rarely drove the car and kept it garaged. It only had 28k miles on the odometer when I purchased it. I have put a little over a 1000 on it though in the last couple of weeks. My wife is already hinting at us trading her Mercedes for a 2nd Jaguar. Looks like she has the bug as well.

Translator 12-14-2011 12:27 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Nice looking S Type you have.

WhiteXKR 12-14-2011 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Card Shark (Post 440033)
A few weeks ago I purchased a 2005 Jaguar S Type 4.2L. I have always been attracted to Jags and now that I own one I am developing a serious love affair with the car. Everyday, I find myself looking for excuses to take the car for a quick drive. This being my first Jaguar, I am sure I will have lots of questions. I am trying to read as many threads currently on the site as possible in order not to be asking questions that have already been answered.

You made a great choice. Welcome from Arlington, VA!

tarhealcracker 12-14-2011 04:36 PM

CardShark,

You put your finger on the biggest problem we Jag drivers have; how to resist the temptation to "use the car up" before you are ready to move on. Seeing my old Jags go to a wholesale lot is mighty hard to take.