Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   New member with an X300 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/new-member-x300-119563/)

X300_AT 06-10-2014 12:22 PM

New member with an X300

4 Attachment(s)
Hello,

As suggested in the forum etiquette guide, here's a quick introduction before I plague you all with questions. I've had a 1995 XJ6 for a year and a half now - the best year and a half of car ownership possible, although I'm slightly ashamed at not joining this forum until now! I always had Jaguars and Daimlers around as a child, due to my father's love for good cars, so bought myself one for as long as it takes until the thing causes too much trouble to be viable (and even then I can see myself buying another!)

Here are a few photos. And now off to the Tech section to bother knowledgeable people with questions about rhythmic front-end clunks when cornering, and other such things... I have a feeling I've got a few months of sorting things out to do!

Alasdair

Doug 06-10-2014 01:47 PM

Nice having you with us :)

Cheers
DD

Bad Cattitude 06-10-2014 04:24 PM

Welcome!

cat_as_trophy 06-10-2014 04:52 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums

2 Attachment(s)
Greetings Alasdair, and a warm welcome to the forum. That's one beautiful cat you have there ... and I pricked my ears up at the mention of Daimlers. Here is a pic of our much beloved classic V12 VanDen Plas. You will find plenty of resources and assistance throughout the model specific section so ... dive in and enjoy!

Best wishes,
Ken

SNG Barratt USA 06-10-2014 04:56 PM

Welcome to the forums!

LnrB 06-10-2014 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by X300_AT (Post 993026)
Hello,

As suggested in the forum etiquette guide, here's a quick introduction before I plague you all with questions. I've had a 1995 XJ6 for a year and a half now - the best year and a half of car ownership possible, although I'm slightly ashamed at not joining this forum until now! I always had Jaguars and Daimlers around as a child, due to my father's love for good cars, so bought myself one for as long as it takes until the thing causes too much trouble to be viable (and even then I can see myself buying another!)

Here are a few photos. And now off to the Tech section to bother knowledgeable people with questions about rhythmic front-end clunks when cornering, and other such things... I have a feeling I've got a few months of sorting things out to do!

Alasdair

Yours is a beautiful car, Alasdair,
Many of us agree that we'll keep our cars until we simply can't fix them anymore. That will be longer for some than for others. With your previous experience and this forum, that should be a Good long time for you.
Welcome from ElinorB.
(';')

sklimii 06-10-2014 06:35 PM

welcome to the forum - you will find plenty of info and support here simply follow the links below:

For technical info including how to's and downloads, check out the XJ (X300) section paying particular attention to the How To's and downloads:

XJ X300 / XJR - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

for local info/events, check out the UK regional section

UK - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

lastly recommend adding a signature to your profile by clicking the user cp link in the upper left - include model and year to get best responses to questions you may have

ENJOY!!

JimC64 06-10-2014 07:33 PM

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.

Norri 06-10-2014 08:45 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Alasdair,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

o1xjr 06-11-2014 02:16 AM

Welcome to the forum

Grant Francis 06-11-2014 04:29 AM

Welcome.

NICE looking X300.

Another Jag, of course you will, its in the blood.

They are an AWESOME model.

GGG 06-23-2014 05:17 AM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums Alasdair.

Graham