Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Member Area - Intro a MUST (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/)
-   -   Newbie to Jags and Here (UK) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-member-area-intro-must-5/newbie-jags-here-uk-114823/)

harters 03-31-2014 05:10 AM

Newbie to Jags and Here (UK)

Hi Guys

I just took delivery of my first Jag yesterday. Its a Le Mann edition XF-R and I'm very pleased with it. I traded in my beloved Lexus IS-F after 6 years trouble free hard motoring and hope the Jag will give me the same.

I do have a few questions and so thought I'd join this forum and see what you guys think...

1. The Voice Activated function seems not to be operational. I press the voice button on the steering wheel and no beep so Im guessing it wansnt speced when the car was new (mine is a 2010 model) - The microphone works with the phone and so is there any way to retro fit something, change something to get this working?

2. In the centre console there is a lead to connect an ipod to a 10 or 12 pin port - are there leads available for an iPhone 5s ?

3. No Day-light running lights on the car and so what options do I have here as I would really like to get something professionally fitted by a bodyshop or similar.

Thanks guys and I look forward to reading your replies soon :icon_beerchug:

o1xjr 03-31-2014 05:26 AM

Welcome to the forum

Schwabe 03-31-2014 07:27 AM

welcome and enjoy the board

GGG 03-31-2014 02:38 PM

Welcome to the forum harters,

Good to have you with us at Jaguar forums.

Follow this link XF and XFR ( X250 ) - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the XF/XFR forum for help, advice and information.

Please remember to add vehicle details to your Signature to help others to give relevant advice. Go to the User CP button on the left of the top menu bar, then Settings & Options under Your Control Panel. Select Edit Signature and enter the details.

I can see you've already found your way to the UK Region forum so there's no need for a link to it from me. I've moved you identical post with questions about Voice Activation, iPod and DLR from UK Region to X250 forum. You will get a better chance of answers to tech questions like this in the tech forum rather than the Region forum.

Enjoy the forums.

Graham

Bad Cattitude 03-31-2014 04:42 PM

Welcome!

sklimii 03-31-2014 05:09 PM

welcome to the forum- you'll find plenty of info and support ehre simply follow the links Graham has provided - enjoy!

Norri 03-31-2014 08:51 PM

Welcome to Jaguar Forums harters,

Good to have you with us.
Enjoy the forum.

If you haven't done so already you should add your car details to your signature to help others to help you.
If you need help with getting around and using the forum follow this link for some help Forum Help

Don B 03-31-2014 11:08 PM

Welcome harters, and congrats on purchasing a truly fine automobile!

Cheers,

Don

JimC64 04-01-2014 07:02 PM

Hi and welcome aboard, its good to have you here with us here at Jaguarforums

If you need any further help with the site moving forward, please just ask any moderator, veteran member and we'll be glad to assist.

In the meantime, any useful site information you may need such as how to post pictures, edit signatures, add videos, using the
search facility etc, can be found here within the following link
Helpful_information

There are lots of members local to you with the same interests with info on local dealers and possible meets.
Regional - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
Need a Manual, a TSB, or General Info' about your Jag? Check out our >> DOWNLOAD AREA <<

I've manually upgraded you to Full forum access so you can better view the site and all its features.
Please Jump on in and enjoy the site........