Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-zealand-97/)
-   -   Can anyone send me a copy or Dropbox share NZ Nav Alpine DVD pre 2003? (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/new-zealand-97/can-anyone-send-me-copy-dropbox-share-nz-nav-alpine-dvd-pre-2003-a-177820/)

TrevLevin04XKR 03-06-2017 03:37 PM

Can anyone send me a copy or Dropbox share NZ Nav Alpine DVD pre 2003?

Recently bought a 2004 XKR import from Japan. I'm looking to wipe the Nav first then install NZ navigation. I know it will be old and maps will be outdated but I just want to really transfer my unit to English.
One kind gentleman has provided me the wipe JTP824 iso file via dropbox that I'm yet to attempt still.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XK8cat lover 03-08-2017 02:21 AM

Hi Trevor
I'm looking to do the same. Just bought the same model, a 2004 XKR Jap import. The Sat Nav is unusable so wondered if there was at least a reversing camera setup out there ?

Cambo 03-08-2017 03:03 AM

It doesn't exist, there are no NZ maps for that system.

XK8cat lover 03-08-2017 11:46 AM

Nav system aftermarket upgrade ?

So there are no maps but can the screen be used for a reversing camera ?

Cambo 03-08-2017 02:50 PM

Yes, no maps, you can use the screen for whatever you want, if you get a video interface box.

XK8cat lover 03-09-2017 03:38 AM

Video interface

Okay so where do I get a video interface from. Would like to hook up a reversing camera but don't know what/how/where to do that

Cottonwood 05-06-2017 12:13 AM

Hi, I have a 2002 xkr and have developed a unit comprising a solid chrome analogue clock which is permanently mounted on to a 3mm polished black Perspex panel which has been laser cut to fit precisely on to the nav screen.It is fitted in minutes and is independent of all wiring and the Jaguar electrical system.
Although this precludes the use of the nav system, you get an elegant purpose built chrome analogue clock which keeps excellent time and the watch battery is easily replaced when you need to. Send me a private message for photos and costs...very inexpensive. Cottonwood. Att: XK8CATLOVER & TREVLEVIN04XKR

TrevLevin04XKR 05-06-2017 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Cottonwood (Post 1676999)
Hi, I have a 2002 xkr and have developed a unit comprising a solid chrome analogue clock which is permanently mounted on to a 3mm polished black Perspex panel which has been laser cut to fit precisely on to the nav screen.It is fitted in minutes and is independent of all wiring and the Jaguar electrical system.
Although this precludes the use of the nav system, you get an elegant purpose built chrome analogue clock which keeps excellent time and the watch battery is easily replaced when you need to. Send me a private message for photos and costs...very inexpensive. Cottonwood. Att: XK8CATLOVER & TREVLEVIN04XKR

Yes I've seen it actually on trademe for $70 or so. It's quite nice but the clock style itself I would have aimed for an original Jag style or similar.
What I've done is buy a TomTom gps and actually used its windscreen sucker attachment to attach it to my old Nav screen, it fits almost perfectly and gives me better functionality then the original jag Nav unit. I was initially looking to upgrade the Jag unit but realise it's impossible. This solution is the way to go...the only down side is having to charge it up or plug in to powered cigarette lighter. That's not a down side really...it also has Bluetooth so I can use it as my hands free too!
Cheers