Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Lincoln Mark VIII

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 10:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lincoln Mark VIII

I guess me and the number 8 are found of each other. Besides my XK8 I own a 98 Lincoln Mark VIII. I've loved this car since high school and have owned a few over the years. This one has 90K miles and is has a custom air ride suspension I installed myself. The head unit is actually a Nexus 7 tablet with an auto droid OS so it functions like a normal stereo. It has 8 Danz 1/2" valves, twin Viair compressors, 1/2 hose, 6 switches and ported stock bags. The wheels 20x8.5. It's a fun car and i daily drive it.

Attached Thumbnails Lincoln Mark VIII-img_5060.jpg   Lincoln Mark VIII-img_5063.jpg   Lincoln Mark VIII-img_4780.jpg   Lincoln Mark VIII-img_5282.jpg   Lincoln Mark VIII-img_5276.jpg  

Old 04-28-2017, 07:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 671 Posts

Nice. I liked those too. I'm kind of disappointed that none of the manufacturers make "personal luxury cars" anymore. Used to have the Lincoln MkVIII, Buick Riviera, Cadillac Eldorado and even once upon a time in the mid 70s, Jaguar made an XJ12C. Actually, there's very few 4-door cars that can even qualify as luxury cars anymore, let alone 2-doors. Everything is a "sport sedan" nowadays. After a back surgery, I needed a Town Car ride, but preferred a smaller car. Before I bought this XJ8, I had narrowed it down to either a mkVIII or an XJ6/8, but the Lincolns were virtually impossible to find in any kind of decent condition compared to Jaguars which were typically found with much lower miles and far better cared for.

Old 04-28-2017, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdupler
Nice. I liked those too. I'm kind of disappointed that none of the manufacturers make "personal luxury cars" anymore. Used to have the Lincoln MkVIII, Buick Riviera, Cadillac Eldorado and even once upon a time in the mid 70s, Jaguar made an XJ12C. Actually, there's very few 4-door cars that can even qualify as luxury cars anymore, let alone 2-doors. Everything is a "sport sedan" nowadays. After a back surgery, I needed a Town Car ride, but preferred a smaller car. Before I bought this XJ8, I had narrowed it down to either a mkVIII or an XJ6/8, but the Lincolns were virtually impossible to find in any kind of decent condition compared to Jaguars which were typically found with much lower miles and far better cared for.
It seems that personal luxo cars are a thing of the past. The 90s were full of them but as time went on designs did in fact give way to 4 door cars.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 301 Likes on 219 Posts

I had a 1995 Mark VIII and, many years earlier, I had a 1979 Mark V. I too miss the personal luxury cars; there was just something elegant about them. Those Lincolns had a panache my Navigator will never be able to match!

Dwayne

Old 07-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,540 Likes on 1,411 Posts

My family had several of the two door Marks over the years, always found them more elegant than Cadillac's offerings (though we had some of them as well). Growing up, I was particularly fond of the Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick Riviera. The '66-'68 Grand Prixes were gorgeous. Even the new body style in 1969. And the original Olds Toronado was great as well.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,055 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
Growing up, I was particularly fond of the Pontiac Grand Prix and Buick Riviera. The '66-'68 Grand Prixes were gorgeous. Even the new body style in 1969. And the original Olds Toronado was great as well.
That was a good era. My father had a 68 Toronado. And I have always liked the 66 - 69 Buick Riviera. Buick kind of messed it up for me in 70 tho with the fender skirts.

Old 01-16-2018, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, this one really looks unique. It can really catch the attention of the people!

Old 01-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

My Dad had a two door 1967 Lincoln Continental. Once I got my license I was able to drive it a lot. Beautiful car but you had to have a gas tanker follow you around. Most gas stations didn't have enough gas to fill it up. Man that thing drank some gas.