Non-Jaguar Vehicles This area is designated for discussion about non-Jaguar Vehicles.

Supercars & Road trips

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 08:14 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Supercars & Road trips

Just posted a new article on Supercars & Road Trips:

https://karenable.com

Thoughts?

Old 01-26-2019, 09:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,540 Likes on 1,411 Posts

Nice story and certainly wonderful locales. In my 4 year restoration and modification of my Pantera, it was meant to make me feel more confident about taking it on longer, extended drives (trips). Once I got my 5.0L XKR about 5 years ago, with it pulley and tuned, the Pantera was simply no match for its speed, but more importantly for its comfort, ease of driving long distances, and most importantly confidence that nothing would break down. I am not quite there yet in the confidence area, but we're still working on it and making some adjustments. I'd like to drive it up north from Los Angeles later this year for Concorso Italiano, but only if all of the "kinks" are worked out. While reading some of your other articles, the one on the Jag XJR15, and the description of the noise, I was reminded of just how loud my Pantera is as well. With the new 500+hp engine, big bore headers and reduced mufflers, I think a long trip would require some ear plugs, but on short runs through the canyons, it's exhilarating. And with a luggage compartment above the transaxle large enough to carry two sets of golf clubs, there is plenty of room for luggage for a week or two.

Enjoyed reading several of the other articles as well.
Thanks

Old 01-28-2019, 07:23 AM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
Nice story and certainly wonderful locales. In my 4 year restoration and modification of my Pantera, it was meant to make me feel more confident about taking it on longer, extended drives (trips). Once I got my 5.0L XKR about 5 years ago, with it pulley and tuned, the Pantera was simply no match for its speed, but more importantly for its comfort, ease of driving long distances, and most importantly confidence that nothing would break down. I am not quite there yet in the confidence area, but we're still working on it and making some adjustments. I'd like to drive it up north from Los Angeles later this year for Concorso Italiano, but only if all of the "kinks" are worked out. While reading some of your other articles, the one on the Jag XJR15, and the description of the noise, I was reminded of just how loud my Pantera is as well. With the new 500+hp engine, big bore headers and reduced mufflers, I think a long trip would require some ear plugs, but on short runs through the canyons, it's exhilarating. And with a luggage compartment above the transaxle large enough to carry two sets of golf clubs, there is plenty of room for luggage for a week or two.

Enjoyed reading several of the other articles as well.
Thanks
Thanks. It sounds like you just need to get more comfortable with the Pantera before taking it on a longer trip. As road trip cars go, the Jaguar XJR-15 would be about the bottom of the pile. No luggage space and you need to wear headphones and use an intercom to hear each other. Its fine for about an hours drive but after that gets pretty brutal.

The following users liked this post:
tberg (01-28-2019)