American politics - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American politics

Old 04-28-2018, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,054 Times in 808 Posts
Default American politics

Please post here, all your rants, raves, bile and bilious comments about American politics, Politicians, incumbents, previous Administrations, soon to be Administrations, gun control and pretty much anything else that gets your hackles up about the Good Old US of A.
And don't forget, it's all about the fact that.....
'government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth'.
Go.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member

I think George Carlin describes the whole US system very well.
But his description equally applies to the British government and all of us serfs. I can't post a video of Carlin's speech because it contains rather a lot of Anglo Saxon language.

Albert Einstein is broadly credited with exclaiming “The definition of insanity or stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Applies to voting.

Old 04-28-2018, 05:21 PM
Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Busa View Post

Albert Einstein is broadly credited with exclaiming “The definition of insanity or stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Applies to voting.
Also applies to politicians!

The Following User Says Thank You to Daf11e For This Useful Post:
Busa (04-28-2018)
Old 04-28-2018, 05:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Daf11e View Post
Also applies to politicians!
As you can see the Maybot is hell bent in taking the UK into a war with Russia using a dodgy dossier of evidence of WMD's which may not be true or real.
Did the deadheads in both houses learn nothing from the Iraq war?
Only 25% of the UK think we should meddle in Syria.

Mossad agents have assassinated a Palestinian rocket scientist in Malaysia.
Shalln't be expecting much condemnation from the US or UK then.

In the meantime the Arab's are still murdering thousands of innocents in Yemen with impunity using illegal cluster bombs bought from the British government.

Old 04-29-2018, 12:29 AM
Veteran Member
Thanked 3,049 Times in 2,410 Posts

Steve,
I can usually tell by the title of the thread if it's inflammatory or politically biased one way or the other. If I can't tell by the title, a single read will tell me if I Never want to open that thread again.

There are several I'm not even opening, in the spirit of, "It's your right to post it, and it's MY right to not read it." Sometimes that even includes complaints about political threads; like maybe this one.........
(';')

Last edited by LnrB; 04-29-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:10 AM
Veteran Member

I'm not complaining about the political threads; I'm complaining because they seem to pop up all over the place, often unrelated to the original thread and it makes for tedious reading for some of us.
I started this as a bit of a tongue in cheek effort to keep it all in one place which I can happily ignore if I want to.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve M For This Useful Post:
Doug (04-29-2018), Fulton (04-30-2018), LnrB (04-29-2018)
Old 04-30-2018, 06:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
I'm not complaining about the political threads; I'm complaining because they seem to pop up all over the place, often unrelated to the original thread and it makes for tedious reading for some of us.
I started this as a bit of a tongue in cheek effort to keep it all in one place which I can happily ignore if I want to.
Logic and politics, like that's going to work. But one can try.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:06 PM

... shall not perish from the earth.

It is too late. Already perished. Anybody who believes that GotP,btP,ftP still exists is living in a fantasy land.

Old 06-03-2018, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Busa View Post
As you can see the Maybot is hell bent in taking the UK into a war with Russia using a dodgy dossier of evidence of WMD's which may not be true or real.
Did the deadheads in both houses learn nothing from the Iraq war?
Only 25% of the UK think we should meddle in Syria.

Mossad agents have assassinated a Palestinian rocket scientist in Malaysia.
Shalln't be expecting much condemnation from the US or UK then.

In the meantime the Arab's are still murdering thousands of innocents in Yemen with impunity using illegal cluster bombs bought from the British government.
This is absolutely disgusting. It is a dirty rotten shame that those immoral Arabs are murdering people with illegal bombs. We should sponsor a UN resolution insisting that they use legal bombs.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:18 AM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 779 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve M View Post

I got a complaint about all the people complaining about the level of complaints being made. We all know its Trumps fault so stop complaining!

I am often in awe of the USAs ability to fragment things. Law enforcement levels and agencies is a classic example. Many years ago they broke up Bell to stop it being a dominant monopoly. Yet today Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft all OK its seems. Puzzling, from outside at least.

Old 06-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,681 Times in 2,285 Posts

I saw politicians should be more like NASCAR teams. ALl politicians should wear a firesuit so we know who they are being sponsored by so we will know how that they are going to vote. Very simple, very cheap. Yet, will answer most of the questions that we have.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thermo For This Useful Post:
SinF (06-27-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Thermo View Post
I saw politicians should be more like NASCAR teams. ALl politicians should wear a firesuit so we know who they are being sponsored by so we will know how that they are going to vote. Very simple, very cheap. Yet, will answer most of the questions that we have.

Nice idea but it will never work, because in Nascar everyone turning LEFT!

The Following User Says Thank You to Fulton For This Useful Post:
Norri (06-04-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by yarpos View Post
I got a complaint about all the people complaining about the level of complaints being made. We all know its Trumps fault so stop complaining!

I am often in awe of the USAs ability to fragment things. Law enforcement levels and agencies is a classic example. Many years ago they broke up Bell to stop it being a dominant monopoly. Yet today Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft all OK its seems. Puzzling, from outside at least.

Also, puzzling from the inside...

Old 06-04-2018, 04:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,681 Times in 2,285 Posts

Fulton, not for long. The next Charlotte race, they will be turning right also from what I hear. They are talking about possibly doing it at Daytona too. Half the race would be on the oval, the other half using the road course. That way the Rights can get their 2 cents in too (after they pull the 5 cents out of my wallet).

The Following User Says Thank You to Thermo For This Useful Post:
Fulton (06-05-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 02:03 PM
LRP

Good post. As a Brit, haven't got the foggiest what you're on about but it's good to turn away from politics on this site.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by LRP View Post
Good post. As a Brit, haven't got the foggiest what you're on about but it's good to turn away from politics on this site.
+1 Unfortunately politics is transcending everything these days so learn to make up your own mind.

Old 06-24-2018, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2018, 04:26 PM
Veteran Member

What I really like about the American view of world politics is their balanced outlook.
When I posted the link to the news about the attempted assassination of the general public by neurotoxins in a UK city centre there wasn't a single response.
Damn, I've fallen back in to the trap.
The weather is awesome over here at the moment.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:59 PM
Veteran Member

"Mad Max" still at it, she didn't get that nickname for being a true peaceful liberal democrat.
IMHO. the Secret Service should pay her a visit and take her away to prison for the 5 years as allowed by law.
Inciting harm to those to whom she disagrees ???? NOT good..
2nd link is also setting a dangerous precedent, must be stopped, but the fake news media won't report these happenings.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/32232/...aign=position1

http://www.dailywire.com/news/32228/...aign=position2

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/115

Old 06-26-2018, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

Do yourself a favor and watch Maxine Waters speech in it's entirety. It's not available on "Dailywire" but it's easy to find. In fact I visited that site to read the article Jay set links to and almost immediately got nailed with a ransomeware scam. If you go there don't click on any links.

I just love how news sites on both sides of the argument show a still photo of a video and tell you their spin on the video only talking about the points that make their case yet never show you the video!

I'm sick of the whole business. left and right.
Yesterday I rolled down my window and asked a guy nicely to not tailgate me so closely, I can't go any faster as there were cars in front of me. He reply was to tell me to shut up or he would shoot me in the face. Nice world we live in.