Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Boomers Ruined Everything

 
  #41  
Old 06-28-2019, 10:07 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: mocksville nc
Posts: 192
Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post
I can assure you that I don't do this to ruffle feathers because I get a kick out of it but to raise awareness of certain things. I don't think you realize the sheer hatred and contempt most of these minorities hold for you. Example:

Seeing Poor White People Makes Me Happy - RaceBaitr

This was written by a black affirmative action wonder "professor." Notice it isn't against "racists" but White people in general. It doesn't matter how tolerant and inclusive you are. They see only your race. Is this what you'd want educating your children?
Pay back is a bitch ain't it. I turned 68 yesterday and I can remember in the 60-90s that could have been a white person that wrote that.
When people pass along that sorta crap under the guise of "just trying to raise your awareness" that's BS. I guess you missed George Bush's speech in Texas after the police officers were killed something to the effect
Too many times we judge another race based on their worst example and judge our own based on our best intentions.
I always told my daughters when they were growing up You can have the best intentions ever but if your actions fail to exemplify your intentions they aren't worth a damn because you are going to be judged on your actions not your intentions
 

Last edited by swayne; 06-28-2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: changs date range
  #42  
Old 06-28-2019, 12:47 PM
AJ16er's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location:
Posts: 774
Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

swayne What do you feel blacks are due payback for? Does this payback entail assaulting and generally tormenting random people on the street?

This one feels young White men should have their speech silenced in the country of their forefathers.

https://thedickinsonian.com/opinion/...lowed-to-talk/

This one takes it a step further. Do you agree with this training?

 
  #43  
Old 06-28-2019, 01:14 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: mocksville nc
Posts: 192
Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post
swayne What do you feel blacks are due payback for? Does this payback entail assaulting and generally tormenting random people on the street?

This one feels young White men should have their speech silenced in the country of their forefathers.

https://thedickinsonian.com/opinion/...lowed-to-talk/

This one takes it a step further. Do you agree with this training?

Don't put words in my mouth I didn't say blacks were due payback must be some more of those poor reading comprehension skills you have. I made a point that what goes around comes around, you reap what you sow sooner or later the underdog lash's back.
Put the above in a white sheet with a hood so he's not recognizable and change the words around little and you've got you a kkk member.


I've had enough of your white supremacist crap I'm out of this thread
 
  #44  
Old 06-28-2019, 01:50 PM
AJ16er's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location:
Posts: 774
Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by swayne View Post
Don't put words in my mouth I didn't say blacks were due payback must be some more of those poor reading comprehension skills you have. I made a point that what goes around comes around, you reap what you sow sooner or later the underdog lash's back.
Put the above in a white sheet with a hood so he's not recognizable and change the words around little and you've got you a kkk member.


I've had enough of your white supremacist crap I'm out of this thread
Okay, well then what went around the first time? You were a teenager during the 60's and I am sure you remember we were told to judge them by their character, right? Since then they have been given progressively more as each decade rolled on and in return have only gotten worse. This is a sign of very poor character. Perhaps that's precisely the reason society was the way it was for the first hundred years after the Civil War?
 
  #45  
Old 06-28-2019, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: mocksville nc
Posts: 192
Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post
Okay, well then what went around the first time? You were a teenager during the 60's and I am sure you remember we were told to judge them by their character, right? Since then they have been given progressively more as each decade rolled on and in return have only gotten worse. This is a sign of very poor character. Perhaps that's precisely the reason society was the way it was for the first hundred years after the Civil War?
I said I was done responding but here's one last post for you.
The last posts where you referenced the blacks and their hateful rhetoric at least they had the guts to say what they had to say out in the open unlike the KKK hiding behind sheets and your hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

I'm done
 
  #46  
Old 06-28-2019, 03:12 PM
Queen and Country's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hastings
Posts: 5,307
Received 1,314 Likes on 969 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post
They have been given progressively more as each decade rolled on and in return have only gotten worse.

Fake News and harebrained observation (by whomever told you this)
There isnt a single thing Blacks have not excelled at, Physics, Medicine, Neurology; moreover become the top earners in many fields.

Here is the undeniable logic, if even 1% of White Supremacists could climb to such heights in society, or be of any damn use, we would not have to have this a pity-party for the **** pickle kissers.

So ironically, your point is correct, we do need to give some handout to them, (disenfranchised forefather privilagers) but it would be foolish to suppress what they consider competition, because that be a guaranteed lose-lose situation.
 

Last edited by Queen and Country; 06-28-2019 at 04:39 PM.
  #47  
Old 06-28-2019, 03:54 PM
AJ16er's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location:
Posts: 774
Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by swayne View Post
I said I was done responding but here's one last post for you.
The last posts where you referenced the blacks and their hateful rhetoric at least they had the guts to say what they had to say out in the open unlike the KKK hiding behind sheets and your hiding behind the anonymity of the internet.

I'm done
It doesn't take much guts when you have academia, the media, government, basically the weigh of the entire juggernaut behind you.

https://www.redandblack.com/uganews/...2584dc02b.html

Just like in the 50's when they forcefully integrated schools. All for what? Can anyone honestly say that this experiment worked and schools in general are better because of it? What happened to freedom of association?
Originally Posted by Queen and Country View Post
Fake News and harebrained observation (by whomever told you this)
There isnt a single thing Blacks have not excelled at, Physics, Medicine, Neurology; moreover become the top earners in many fields.

Here is the undeniable logic, if even 1% of White Supremacists could climb to such heights in society, or be of any damn use, we would not have to have this a pity-party for the **** pickle kissers.

So ironically, your point is correct, we do need to give some handout to them, (disenfranchised forefather privilagers) but it would be foolish to suppress what they consider competition, because that be a guaranteed loose-loose situation.
Sounds like somebody needs to take a late night stroll through Detroit or Chicago's South Side to meet these accomplished scientists and doctors.
 
  #48  
Old 06-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Queen and Country's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hastings
Posts: 5,307
Received 1,314 Likes on 969 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post
Sounds like somebody needs to take a late night stroll through Detroit or Chicago's South Side to meet these accomplished scientists and doctors.
If you were honest with yourself, you would not try to look for scientists and Nobel prize winners on the south side of Chicago, late at night.
If you did not want to put your finger on the emotional scale, you would look for them in the wealthiest parts of any town or in any corporation, or university during the day and you would find them... course that would prove you fundamentally wrong and no one does that.
 
The following users liked this post:
SinF (06-28-2019)
  #49  
Old 06-28-2019, 05:32 PM
AJ16er's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location:
Posts: 774
Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Queen and Country View Post
If you were honest with yourself, you would not try to look for scientists and Nobel prize winners on the south side of Chicago, late at night.
If you did not want to put your finger on the emotional scale, you would look for them in the wealthiest parts of any town or in any corporation, or university during the day and you would find them... course that would prove you fundamentally wrong and no one does that.
I am honest with myself. That's why I look at the whole forest and not one or two trees. I have never been in a black majority area and thought - "wow, this is a nice place that I would not mind living in!"
 
  #50  
Old 06-28-2019, 06:04 PM
Queen and Country's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hastings
Posts: 5,307
Received 1,314 Likes on 969 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post
I am honest with myself. That's why I look at the whole forest and not one or two trees. I have never been in a black majority area and thought - "wow, this is a nice place that I would not mind living in!"
I have.
Atlanta, superb place, NY NY with the largest Black population is one of the best places on earth, ask Trump.

Have you ever been to a White Nationalist area that wasnt an economic shithole?
 
  #51  
Old 06-28-2019, 06:53 PM
AJ16er's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location:
Posts: 774
Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Queen and Country View Post
Atlanta, superb place, NY NY with the largest Black population is one of the best places on earth, ask Trump.
I guess our definitions of nice and best are completely different. I have been to the Bronx and let's just say you could not pay me a million a year with a free apartment to live there.
How is Atlanta's crime rate despite having a decent economy?
Have you ever been to a White Nationalist area that wasnt an economic shithole?
I don't know of any area that is officially WN but I have been to many majority White places and the worst I saw was trailer homes and an old pick-up truck. No litter or major crime problems and the trailers were kept up. This is in places such as Kentucky. In the Mid-West there tend to be well kept brick and mortar homes and newer vehicles parked outside.


 
  #52  
Old 06-28-2019, 07:02 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest USA
Posts: 20,147
Received 6,544 Likes on 4,856 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post

Just like in the 50's when they forcefully integrated schools. All for what? Can anyone honestly say that this experiment worked and schools in general are better because of it?
I was in 7th grade in Los Angeles when forced bussing began. I remember it well. Reactions varied a lot from area to area and school to school but, at my school at least, it was a much bigger problem for parents than it was for kids. There were some confrontations but I can honestly say that the majority of kids had no outward objections. If they disliked it they usually didn't make a big deal about it. Most, though, simply shrugged it off. For many kids....probably most of them, including me.....it was their first ever opportunity to have any significant exposure or interaction with the opposite race. Whadya know, we learned that neither blacks nor white were monsters simply by virtue of skin color. Most of us actually got along. In that respect, at minimum, it was a success.

Anyhow, I don't recall that the idea was to make schools better. Better/worse schools wasn't the issue. Desegregation was a legal requirement.


What happened to freedom of association?
Not compromised in any way, unless you consider walking through the same hallway or sitting in the same classroom to be 'association'.

Kids, then and now, hang out ("associate") with whoever they want to hang out with. Even in an all white or all black school that's just something that naturally occurs. In a desegregated school sometime associations were mixed race, sometimes not.

Cheers
DD
 
  #53  
Old 06-28-2019, 07:43 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest USA
Posts: 20,147
Received 6,544 Likes on 4,856 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post


Windsor Hiils. I remember that neck o' the woods, although I don't think it was called Windsor Hills way back when. Immediately adjacent to Fox Hills which, in the 60s, had a go-kart track and lots of 'bean fields' where'd we'd go bike riding!

Anyhow, I suspect your meme doesn't paint a truly accurate picture....which comes as no surprise.

Windsor Hills is an enclave within the city, immediately adjacent to Leimert Park and Hyde Park. These two areas are notoriously crime ridden and I can guarantee the median income is very significantly lower the the LA city or County norms....although surely higher than Beattyville

I haven't researched this but I wager a month's pay that the Windsor/Parkview crimes comes primarily from outside. That is, bad actors from Lemeirt Park and Hyde Park...and probably other areas as well.....coming into Windsor to commit crime.

I know nothing about Beatyville but it was easy to discover that it's one tenth the size of Windsor and it is surrounded, apparently, by absolutely nothing. My hat's off to them for their good record but, if nothing else, they don't have to worry about outsiders coming in to commit crimes

Cheers
DD
 
  #54  
Old 06-28-2019, 07:58 PM
AJ16er's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location:
Posts: 774
Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

You can compare Albany, Georgia to Bismarck, North Dakota which have nearly identical populations and it tells the same tale.
 
  #55  
Old 06-28-2019, 08:29 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest USA
Posts: 20,147
Received 6,544 Likes on 4,856 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by AJ16er View Post
You can compare Albany, Georgia to Bismarck, North Dakota which have nearly identical populations and it tells the same tale.

Yeah, maybe so, maybe not. If you're creating a meme (or running for office!) , it's the easiest thing in the world to conveniently not mention other factors (or facts) that you fear might dilute the (almost always distorted) message you're wanting to convey.

But we've been down the meme thing before. You put a lot of credence in them, I don't.

Cheers
DD
 
The following users liked this post:
SinF (06-29-2019)
  #56  
Old 06-28-2019, 09:38 PM
Queen and Country's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hastings
Posts: 5,307
Received 1,314 Likes on 969 Posts
Default

I love meme graphics. They can show us a reality we never knew, even if you lived there first hand. Kinda like Mongolian Beef, which is a dish no one in Mongolia has heard about.
Maybe we dont see God's grand plan, to create graphic artists out of white nationalists and level the playing field?


Sometimes a spectator's perspective looking in on a play is the correct one.
As a spectator its interesting that we dont have any of these race problems in UK.
In London, where the ethic population is in the majority, there has been no race riots, no Martin Luther King, no segregation!!
So I think the problem here in USA is that 2 sides were raised with fear of each other, and until that generation, the baby boomers, dies out, the problem cannot be rectified.
 
  #57  
Old 06-29-2019, 06:10 AM
SinF's Avatar
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Canada, eh
Posts: 3,699
Received 729 Likes on 554 Posts
Default

I think current political polarization cannot be solved without making gerrymandering illegal. Politicians in "safe" districts are more concerned about primary challenge than working across the party lines and getting things done.
 
  #58  
Old 06-29-2019, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest USA
Posts: 20,147
Received 6,544 Likes on 4,856 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SinF View Post
I think current political polarization cannot be solved without making gerrymandering illegal. Politicians in "safe" districts are more concerned about primary challenge than working across the party lines and getting things done.
Good point.

The media and internet create echo chambers so that a person never has to hear anything he doesn't want to hear.

Gerrymandering might be thought of as an 'on the ground' equivalent

Cheers
DD
 
  #59  
Old 06-29-2019, 08:34 PM
SinF's Avatar
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Canada, eh
Posts: 3,699
Received 729 Likes on 554 Posts
Default

I am surprised that the idea that "twitter isn't representative of what most people think" idea finally entered mainstream. We are into beginning of correction territory now insofar as social media.

Gerrymandering is unfortunately here to stay with us.
 
  #60  
Old 06-30-2019, 11:01 PM
AJ16er's Avatar
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location:
Posts: 774
Received 105 Likes on 90 Posts

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Boomers Ruined Everything


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: