Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

classic cars and trucs renovation for all.vehicle lovers world wide ...

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

classic cars and trucs renovation for all.vehicle lovers world wide ...

Old 10-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default classic cars and trucs renovation for all.vehicle lovers world wide ...

hi my name is ian i live in the uk MANCHESTER .
i have a passion that i would like to share with you .
i am lucky to be allowed to drive a 1967 TS-3 COMMER recovery truck
well maybe that did not rock your boat but have a look at www.krwalsh-classics.com two brothers from MANCHESTER ENGLAND who passionatly restore old scrap back to life please take a look at their site and let me know what you think.
i hope to see you around the uk at a show maybe cheers ian .look out for the 2011 dates on the net for vintage fayres or classic truck rallies ... cya.
classic cars and trucs renovation for all.vehicle lovers world wide ...-15012008054.jpg

Last edited by jags-r-us; 10-31-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:00 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

That picture brought back some memories...I think your Commer was a "VA" chassis which had a variety of engines and bodies, mine being a Perkins 3.8 four diesel. I bought it from a guy who used it to transport motorbikes around, and he got it from Leeds Passenger Transport as it then was. It had a steel floor onto which the bus conductors would sling their metal cash boxes for collection. Mine was a shallow Luton body all ally. except for the glassfibre top. I converted it over about 3 months into a camper and we went all over the British Isles. Got shot of it about 1985.
Leedsman.