Gotham Dream Cars - Dream Car Sprint - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Gotham Dream Cars - Dream Car Sprint

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gotham Dream Cars - Dream Car Sprint

Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member
Default Gotham Dream Cars - Dream Car Sprint

for anyone who doesnt know what the Dream Car Sprint is: https://www.dreamcarsprint.com/

its a 4 lap experience (3 laps + 1 warm up lap) where you drive around in a VERY short circuit track made in a parking lot. The experience only lasts at most 7 minutes and it costs about $250 (or $99 if you get the groupon deal). There is an employee that sits in with you during the experience so that you dont get crazy. he also directs you so that you know whats coming up...so that you dont really waste time thinking about your next moves.

so on paper, it sounds like a complete waste of time and money.....which is true. as much of a gear head as i am, i wouldnt waste my time with this, but it was given to me as a gift...so i took advantage.

When you arrive, you have the option of a Lamborghini Gallardo or Ferarri F430.....for an extra $75 you can drive the Gallardo LP560 spyder. Now having already driven all 3 of those cars when I did the Dream Car Tour (ill write about it later)....i went with the LP560 because its an absolute blast to drive

theres a warm up lap, you get used to the car around the tight turns....most of them are 180 degree hairpins. by no means is the track long or fun, theres only one straight where you'll hit about 80....and then stomp on the brakes. havent already driven the car, i was already comfortable, and since its only 3 laps, i wanted to make the most of my time...so right off the line i was driving it hard.

towards the end of the 2nd lap, the car lost power, ran out of fuel...so we pulled into the side, filled it up and I got an extra 2 laps. the car is AMAZING. you'd think that it would drive similar to the coupe (which i didnt like too much)...but the spyder is a different animal....the open top makes it a real treat to hear that exhaust. the AWD system really grabs when you put the power down coming out of the tight turn

over all, it was fun, i got to drive a lambo......it makes for a great gift to give to someone, especially for a $100.........but for the REAL gear heads, its more of a depressing tease....and I would HIGHLY recommend doing the dream car tour (review coming later)

Old 10-11-2012, 02:13 PM
Thanked 1,201 Times in 708 Posts

Sounds like a real 'Pro' outfit.

4 short laps, 7 minutes $250

towards the end of the 2nd lap, the car lost power, ran out of fuel
At least you experienced what very few 'Lambo' owners would.

Old 12-07-2018, 05:26 AM

If I may chime in...the problem with making changes to the nose is that mostly it ends up just being extended, which just makes the nose look longer, but no better. In the case of the corvette, above, it's like the extended part was just stuck on there with gum. You can see the vertical separation lines especially as an after thought. Anything not originally intended as the worked-in design looks fabricated and not intentional. I commute almost an hour each way to work and spend my time looking at car shapes and some really make my head spin. Some think that radical designs will attract but all I can see are lines that make your eyes go everywhere except where it should go. Nothing lines up and you lose the car altogether.
For the XJS, I agree the front nose is the key point and a place you just can't take your eyes off. The worst thing you can do to a car's nose is to make it weak looking. Also weak looking "shoulders" of the very front fenders of some cars are not pleasing, as in some newer BMWs and others. Look down the side of the car when you are slightly to the side and behind some of these weak front fender cars. The area above and forward of the headlights are not prominent enough and end up looking weak because they are lost to someones idea of aerodynamically blending the headlights to the fender.
I am not sure there is anything you could really do to the XJS front and actually, I do like the blended bumper look of the facelift cars. Some of the black rubber parts of the early bumpers I'm not a fan of.
I like this discussion.