i hate packing, i hate moving [rant] - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

i hate packing, i hate moving [rant]

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i hate packing, i hate moving [rant]

Old 02-10-2018, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member
Default i hate packing, i hate moving [rant]

over the past year, I've been busting my *** and crushing deals because the 2018 goal was to get a lamborghini. i was on target and everything was good!

.........until i somehow let my wife convince me we should move to a nicer area closer to her work (but far from everything else). "its a sellers market right now babe, lets do it! we'll make a super killing!"...which we did, so i dont regret it so much

and so now i am browsing the forums, pretending to be working because i am exhausted from packing

i vow never to do this again!!! except for.......i will be doing it one more time in the near future. the deal fell through on the house i was supposed to buy, so now im moving into an apartment until we find something else.

/end rant

Old 02-10-2018, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
....i will be doing it one more time in the near future. the deal fell through on the house i was supposed to buy, so now im moving into an apartment until we find something else....
I hate it when that happens but I'm guessing you sold for more than you expected to offset the pain and agony

Old 02-10-2018, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member

yeah, i was able to make a nice profit on top of the price i paid for the house + all the upgrades i made. it made sense....and to be quite honest i dont think i could have sold the house for this high if i waited any longer

Old 02-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 3,158 Times in 2,483 Posts

Husband has decided the only way he'll move again is on a gurney.
Part of his problem is that he still has Everything he ever owned!
(';')

Old 02-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LnrB View Post
(';')
we've lived in our house for 4 years...just me and my wife.....and we dont have too many things. but some of the houses we saw had larger families...5-6 people with YEARS of collected stuff. picturing them packing and moving was giving me anxiety haha

Old 02-11-2018, 03:12 AM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,070 Times in 798 Posts

tis one of the more stressfull things you do in your life. The good news is that its not to a new state or even better a new country, where all your accumulated knowledge of the basics of how things work suddenly flies out the window.

Old 02-11-2018, 09:51 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,755 Times in 2,339 Posts

You can always pay a moving company to come in and pack everything up and they will carry it right out of the old house and into the new house. They will even set up most of it for you too. Makes moving pretty easy. Just have to move a few incidentals yourself. They tend not to move any cash that you may have (to include any sort of piggybank) and no weapons of any kind. They also will not tend to move any sort of liquids for fear of the container opening and damaging other stuff. They were even willing to move a 2,000 pound lathe that I had. I got this service 3 times while in the military, for those "small moves" (like Hawaii to Virginia).

Old 02-11-2018, 10:39 AM
Veteran Member
Thanked 6,092 Times in 4,575 Posts

Originally Posted by carzaddict View Post
we've lived in our house for 4 years...just me and my wife.....and we dont have too many things. but some of the houses we saw had larger families...5-6 people with YEARS of collected stuff. picturing them packing and moving was giving me anxiety haha
A few years ago my brother and I decided, finally, to sell the old 'family home'. We hugely underestimated the time and effort needed to sort through decades of accumulated.......'stuff'.

As as result I've become rather strongly averse to hanging onto 'stuff'. I promised my kids that I would never leave them with such a huge chore as bro and I had to face.

Cheers
DD

Old 02-11-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by yarpos View Post
... The good news is that its not to a new state or even better a new country, where all your accumulated knowledge of the basics of how things work suddenly flies out the window.
Sometimes that's a good thing

Old 02-11-2018, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LnrB View Post
(';')
I'm pretty much like LnrB's hubby. I bought my house late 1976 and been here since with NOOOOO intention of moving. I've got 8 large shelves from Home Depot full of "stuff" from the years.

Old 02-11-2018, 05:14 PM

The worst for me is the library. Last time I moved it had grown to 10,000 pounds. Yikes!

Old 02-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,122 Times in 852 Posts

If you don't move you don't get to start a new 'kitchen drawer'.
You know, the one starts off for keeping a few useful tools in and then ends up full of odd screws, nails, connector blocks, Q tips, paper clips, half burnt candles, broken chalk sticks, a thing for taking ticks out of the dog, a thing for sticking pills in the dog, 2 lightbulbs that don't fit anywhere and several small things that need fixing later.
And the corkscrew.
Or is that just me?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve M For This Useful Post:
89 Jacobra (02-11-2018), LnrB (02-11-2018)
Old 02-11-2018, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member

I have that drawer. I put cars in it too......

Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 6,092 Times in 4,575 Posts

Originally Posted by rhomanski View Post
The worst for me is the library. Last time I moved it had grown to 10,000 pounds. Yikes!

I hear ya. Mom and Dad had accumulated about, oh, about 1500 books and at least that many phonograph records.....I stopped counting the boxes.

Aside: most of the records went to Japan.

Cheers
DD

Old 02-12-2018, 12:04 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
If you don't move you don't get to start a new 'kitchen drawer'.
You know, the one starts off for keeping a few useful tools in and then ends up full of odd screws, nails, connector blocks, Q tips, paper clips, half burnt candles, broken chalk sticks, a thing for taking ticks out of the dog, a thing for sticking pills in the dog, 2 lightbulbs that don't fit anywhere and several small things that need fixing later.
And the corkscrew.
Or is that just me?
Trust me, it's not just you!

Dwayne

Old 02-12-2018, 12:27 AM
Veteran Member

Last long distance move was 23 years ago. Packing up over 100 boxes resulted in a herniated disc, requiring surgery.

I now look at it like suicide. You can only do that once.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:57 AM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,972 Times in 1,513 Posts

My two younger sisters and I packed up, cleared out, cleaned up, and sold our 88-year-old mom's home in January/February a year ago after she moved to an assisted living facility. My back and knees are still punishing me....

Old 02-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

thankfully we havent accumulated much "clutter"....id say most of our stuff is necessity. but its still a lot.

the harder part is living day to day in the house while its cluttered, boxed, a mess....especially when you use a lot of stuff and need to pack it as a last thing before the move

move day is a few days away.....my back is killing me. we dont have a place to move into yet. im also traveling for work. we're not done packing. im so excited

Old 02-12-2018, 11:24 AM

I hope the XFR has seat massage?
I'd sure be using it in my travels.
You need to curb your enthusiasm.

Old 02-12-2018, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

unfortunately the XF's dont have massage

i will be doing an incredible amount of driving between the 2 houses.....it'll be a nice open empty highway, but also a dark one, plenty of hiding cops....so i cant even make them quick drives haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: i hate packing, i hate moving [rant]

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: