ITALIANS do it better! - Page 2 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ITALIANS do it better!

Old 03-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,118 Times in 829 Posts

Originally Posted by 80sRule View Post
We get it. You're proud of being English, but seriously, other countries do excellent stuff too.
Its not that at all.
Some countries are very good at marketing themselves and some are not.
For instance Italians can make "4 Door" sound gloriously romantic "Quattaporte"

I agree that specific cultures lend themselves to excellence in certain fields. Italy excels in so many of them. Automobile engineering, or mechanical engineering is not one of them. Auto design is.
Why are the Swiss good at watchmaking, because there is an even bigger industry of excellence in tool making that makes watchmaking possible. Same is true of Germany and their massive ecosystem of all things steel, from the raw material to universities to machines.
Italy is void of that supporting ecosystem. And given what few resources they have, its actually incredible what they can put out. But my point remains, they do it with one hand tied behind their backs.

Think of it as using a sharp knife. Japan goes to its backyard to get one, as does Germany, and UK, not Italy.

I too prefer my Italian suits and fabrics over all others. Frete bed linens or the floor for me. I prefer Italian Zagato styling over all others.