Jag rant...yeah you heard right~~!! - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Jag rant...yeah you heard right~~!!

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jag rant...yeah you heard right~~!!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Default Jag rant...yeah you heard right~~!!

My car's been pissin' me off....long story right now cuz it's late, but I will let off some steam later....how about you guys?

my Jag's been havin' an affair with my mechanic....(startin' to feel jealous) I'm thinkin' divorce if this keeps up~!~! ha ha~!~!

Old 11-05-2010, 06:36 AM
ud

Yep - I own a shop and I've had LOTS of affairs with Jaguars...maybe yours LOL!

Old 11-06-2010, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by steve11 View Post
Yep - I own a shop and I've had LOTS of affairs with Jaguars...maybe yours LOL!
Some Jaguars have no morals....seems like they are always lookin' for that next good lookin' mechanic....that'd be okay if the MECHANIC PAID THE BILL~!!~!~ LOL~!~!!

Old 11-07-2010, 08:26 AM

Like most cats, Jaguars are more loyal to those who groom and feed them rather than their owners

Old 11-07-2010, 05:28 PM

So far mine has been true, I have had a few motorcycles that ran around on me though. Sometimes I had to sweet talk them, sometimes I had to get a little tough. In the long run if it did not work out I just sent them down the road.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:19 PM

My mechanic is a polygamist. No sooner is he finished with one, another one finds it's way to his "rack".

Old 11-07-2010, 08:23 PM

This thread is cracking me up!

Old 11-08-2010, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pamiam View Post
This thread is cracking me up!
Then tell us about your mischievous machine~!~!~! How many affairs has yours had with the local machanic~!~!!~

Old 11-08-2010, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by shortbus76 View Post
So far mine has been true, I have had a few motorcycles that ran around on me though. Sometimes I had to sweet talk them, sometimes I had to get a little tough. In the long run if it did not work out I just sent them down the road.
Must have been Harleys.....I love Harleys more that any other Bike, but it must have been Harleys cuz most Bikers spend as much time ridin' as they do wrenchin' ~!~! (no point in BS'n me~!~!)

Old 11-08-2010, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by PCVrach View Post
Like most cats, Jaguars are more loyal to those who groom and feed them rather than their owners
Okay....here's what I FED my Cat .............................
ALL NEW upgrade radiator, coolant hoses, fan, fan belts, fan clutch, spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap and rotor, ignition amplifier, vacuum advance, heater core, and GROOMED it with a bath three times a week, waxed it when it needed it, vacuumed it often, and as soon as I got it out of the shop it stopped running right,
It runs for about 20 minutes like a new machine then it stumbles and runs rough then shuts off.
SOMTHING IS REALLY WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE. I don't know if my mechanic hooked something up wrong or what the ^&%* is going on.
The compression is really good on all 12 cylinders, the spark plugs look good indicating the engine is not running too rich, or too hot, nor is oil making it past the valve guides or piston rings, So WTF~!~!~
Apparently the ignition amplifier gets far too hot, they say they can't even touch it. When they hooked it up maybe they got a wire crossed, now my tachometer does not work, and I know one wire according to the diagram goes to the tach.
They checked the fuel system-all's good, they checked the fuel pressure, all the filters, but I am not sure if they checked the fuel pressure regulator when the car was acting up....
I am at my wits end, now they want to put the old igntion amplifier back in cuz they are shootin' in the dark cuz nobody knows what's freakin' goin' on with my car.......that's all for the RANT~!~!

Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM

Sounds like maybe you need a second opinion?

Old 11-08-2010, 07:48 PM

Sounds like JagLag. Pretty much average Jag stuff.

There's also the possibility of British Demonic Possession. A sacred ritual of burning a pile of American currency in the waiting room of a Jag mechanic is the only known means of exorcism.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by jag po' View Post
sounds like jaglag. Pretty much average jag stuff.

There's also the possibility of british demonic possession. A sacred ritual of burning a pile of american currency in the waiting room of a jag mechanic is the only known means of exorcism.
lmao!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-08-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by jetlag700 View Post
Then tell us about your mischievous machine~!~!~! How many affairs has yours had with the local machanic~!~!!~
Mine started her affair before she was even mine. Took her to the mechanic to have her checked over, and the bill was already $500.00 just for the steering column telescope thingy, a valve cover oil leak, and some other minor thing I don't remember.

I still need a detailing, paint buffing, and cup holder - at least.

What other surprises may be in store?

Old 11-08-2010, 09:43 PM

What else is in store? Once you get in tight with your mechanic you'll learn all the special lingo... Like Alternator Fluid, Radiator Wiring, Exhaust Pump...

Old 11-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by jetlag700 View Post
The compression is really good on all 12 cylinders
There's my difference. I have a Ford V8 and a mechanic who understands them. *whew*

Old 11-09-2010, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jag Po' View Post
Sounds like JagLag. Pretty much average Jag stuff.

There's also the possibility of British Demonic Possession. A sacred ritual of burning a pile of American currency in the waiting room of a Jag mechanic is the only known means of exorcism.
Better yet....make the mechanic AGREE that EVERYTHING is under WARRANTY before he ever gets the "priviledge of touching the Jag, after all it is as close as most of them ever get to driving a machine that says CLASS in BIG words~!~ LOL~!~

Old 11-09-2010, 03:51 AM

There's my difference. I have a Ford V8 and a mechanic who understands them. *whew*
Well I'm findin' me a Dodge mechanic when I sell my other Jag....buyin' a 1978-79 Dodge Magnum soon as I can get my hands on one~!~! (that way I got something to to drive while my Jag has another affair with the local mechanic~!~...LOL...

Old 11-09-2010, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jag Po' View Post
What else is in store? Once you get in tight with your mechanic you'll learn all the special lingo... Like Alternator Fluid, Radiator Wiring, Exhaust Pump...
Yep, I am a carpenter's apprentice and I tell others to go and get me a board stretcher, electric hammer, or a pnuemonic circular saw....EH:??

Old 11-09-2010, 04:17 AM

Mine started her affair before she was even mine. Took her to the mechanic to have her checked over, and the bill was already $500.00 just for the steering column telescope thingy, a valve cover oil leak, and some other minor thing I don't remember.

I still need a detailing, paint buffing, and cup holder - at least.

What other surprises may be in store?
Not sure what other surprises are in store for you, just keep givin' it new oil every third month, burn high octane gas, change your coolant every two years, and drive it every day cuz otherwise they feel "neglected". That way you'll be somewhat assured that your Jag will be in YOUR garage and not hanging out with that good lookin' mechanic down the block~!~ ha aha ha ......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jag rant...yeah you heard right~~!!

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: