Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Jaguar has finally shed the pipe & slippers image (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/jaguar-has-finally-shed-pipe-slippers-image-216534/)

Queen and Country 04-17-2019 11:31 AM

Jaguar has finally shed the pipe & slippers image

fujicoupe 04-17-2019 12:27 PM

Huh?

NavyBlue 04-17-2019 12:56 PM

Rental rates only $10,000 a night.
Hooker cost extra...

tberg 04-17-2019 02:28 PM

Was ;that a real estate commercial, a Jag commercial, or a mausoleum ad. I'm thinking the mausoleum.

Queen and Country 04-17-2019 02:44 PM

It was a sultry commercial, on CNN today.
Jags are now being associated with young, posh and sultry.

fujicoupe 04-17-2019 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Queen and Country (Post 2056702)
It was a sultry commercial, on CNN today.
Jags are now being associated with young, posh and sultry.

You misspelled slutty!
And not only that, the guy can't dive worth a sh*t or swim either.

Queen and Country 04-17-2019 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by fujicoupe (Post 2056711)
the guy can't dive worth a sh*t or swim either.

I did not see any guy.

Yeah I have always thought these sex oriented commercials are counterproductive to highend products, but what do I know, it made it to CNN across the globe.

fujicoupe 04-17-2019 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Queen and Country (Post 2056719)
I did not see any guy.

Yeah I have always thought these sex oriented commercials are counterproductive to highend products, but what do I know, it made it to CNN across the globe.

CNN, eh? So you must have been in an airport, it's the only place any sane person is subjected to the purveyor of fake news. Right?

Carlisle Owen 04-17-2019 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by fujicoupe (Post 2056742)
CNN, eh? So you must have been in an airport, it's the only place any sane person is subjected to the purveyor of fake news. Right?

👍

Suaro 04-17-2019 06:08 PM

Cool. But I expect Lamborghini wouldn't loan them a Huracan. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth. Anything that promotes the brand and resale values is ok in my book. Some parts of the country (US) don't like the values here. I understand.

Cambo 04-17-2019 06:57 PM

Oh wow...

So this video is actually advertising a property for sale in Western Sydney, in Australia.

Seems to have gone viral, because it was shared all over Facebook groups here yesterday. How's the hell it ended up on CNN I'll never know.

It's a stereotypical trophy house, and the video is squarely aimed at the stereotypical buyer from that area, of a specific cultural identity.

I was surprised that an F-Type was used in the video, because the stereotypical wheels for "these people" is an AMG, usually a C63, ML63, or similar.

Unhingd 04-17-2019 07:14 PM

Politics should be left elsewhere. Just like racing, if you insist on driving off the left or right side of the roadway, you should stay off the track entirely.

(The mere mention of either Fox or CNN is obviously incendiary)

tberg 04-17-2019 09:08 PM

fujicoupe,
I wrote down the exact words regarding the CNN comment of Queen and Country and was ready to post it when I saw your reply. Great minds think alike.
Unhingd,
Lighten up a bit, fujicoupe's comments were meant to be humorous not political, and by the way truth is always the best defense.

AJ16er 04-17-2019 10:18 PM

It's Like This Rebooted

Have to go after the affluent millennials.

Misujerr 04-17-2019 11:19 PM

Even has a gratuitous Jag reference, even if it isn't an F-Type....

bjg625 04-17-2019 11:51 PM

British real estate markeding way ahead of ours!

OzXFR 04-18-2019 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by bjg625 (Post 2056921)
British real estate markeding way ahead of ours!

Oi, it's Oz not Blighty!

BruceTheQuail 04-18-2019 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by Cambo (Post 2056800)
Oh wow...

I was surprised that an F-Type was used in the video, because the stereotypical wheels for "these people" is an AMG, usually a C63, ML63, or similar.

Not to disagree, but everyone that I know that has the Nazi [email protected]*boy hairstyle sported by the guy in the add (and one of them is a business partner) drives a Range Rover Sport.

RIRR 04-18-2019 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by tberg (Post 2056856)
fujicoupe,
I wrote down the exact words regarding the CNN comment of Queen and Country and was ready to post it when I saw your reply. Great minds think alike.
Unhingd,
Lighten up a bit, fujicoupe's comments were meant to be humorous not political, and by the way truth is always the best defense.

I have to agree with Unhinged. Baiting, politically-oriented comments might be humorous to the author and those of a like mind but not to anyone from the other side of the political spectrum.

tberg 04-18-2019 09:13 AM

RIRR,
If something as innocuous as referring to the FACT that virtually no one watches CNN unless they're in the airport where CNN pays to be the only one on screen is considered a little too risque for the sensitivity of readers of the thread, and that that is the basis of the humorous remark not the politics of it then I think you underestimate the wisdom of the average forum participant. I don't care what fujicoupe's politics are, it was funny that he referred to the lack of CNN audience except for when in the airport. Had he carried on at length about the why of CNN's massive decline in viewership your point might have had some merit, but honestly, lighten up and laugh a little bit.