Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Jaguar has finally shed the pipe & slippers image

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jaguar has finally shed the pipe & slippers image

Old 04-23-2019, 07:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 481 Posts

As I read this I just drove in my slippers,boxer shorts & A-shirt to the post office lol.

The following users liked this post:
Takeo (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 681 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidYau View Post
Let's get this thread back on topic, rather then the CNN rant/discussion.

The house advertisement's most interesting bit was 0:04 - 0:16 with the Jag.

The house appeared a bit sterile and minimalist (very much a Millenial thing) with a long single file corridor leading to the front door - so big deliveries will be an issue. This also leads directly to a glass stairway parapet which is most unsafe considering the state I'm in sometimes when I get home late. Also the downward twisted crystal chandelier would be blind you when you enter.

The lounge's fire place is under the flat screen TV. You'll hurt your neck watching that elevated TV plus the fireplace appeared to be fake LED thingy.

The large bedroom windows are sun facing, so those blinds will be down virtually all the time, as we like to sleep at night-time.... when it's dark. Air conditioner costs will be high to keep the house cool with those multiple bay windows facing the sun.

The black and white bathroom décor is so 1980s... and over

It didn't seem that the kitchen island's black granite top had any power connections to plug your appliances in plus the sink is too small for washing the Turkey .

And the garden pool, that followed the house's rear perimeter is a safety hazard. I'm quite groggy when I get up in the morning, and if I stepped into the garden, I'll just fall in.
The garden fence is painted steel arco barrier, not even wooden!

Plus did you notice the gent parked his Jag in the front of the house and not in the garage. That's probably due to the steep decline down the driveway into the basement car park. Wonder how that slope will perform in the wet/snow!. Bet the garage will flood. That's if the garage isn't already sodden plus any leaks from the swimming pool is directly above the garage. Wouldn't want my car and tools at risk.

So I would agree that the smart gent, with the Jag, is definitely not "pipes and slippers." I wouldn't buy that house but definitely worth a visit.

Did I miss anything?
Bad parking job?

The following 2 users liked this post by SinF:
Queen and Country (04-23-2019), Takeo (04-23-2019)
Old 04-23-2019, 11:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

I am 72, 6 ft1, 170 Lbs, wear what is left of my hair in a pony tail and in summer, I also drive around bare-footed (flip-flops driving is banned here), wearing old, worn army shorts and a tee shirt saying "Never underestimate an old man in a Jaguar", I am absolutely NOT "politically correct" and all know I do not give a flying whatever in a rolling donut. If some idiot in the supermaket parking lot asks how much my old gas guzzler drinks per 100 clicks, he gets the standard answer from She Who Has To Be Obeyed, my beloved Katharina: "More than you can afford after paying your car loan off".

When we go shopping with the 30-year old Panda and I get silly remarks about it, the Standard Katharina Answer (SKA) sounds like something like "You are right, Sir, but at least it has been paid for, unlike yours".

But there is a snag. It has happened that some young girl uttered an admiring comment about the Panda, like: "My granddad had one of those, and it was fun". That has led to a particular SKA: The Katharina Leek Slap In The Neck (KLSN). Kat says it is for my own good. I somehow believe her.

The following users liked this post:
DavidYau (04-25-2019)
Old 05-12-2019, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 245 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country View Post
Here is how you take politics off the table:

Its true, I am a moron who cant distinguish between fake news and reality until my politician tells me.

However, I never take any of it too seriously. You lose the plot when you start thinking of any entertainment or entertainer as genuine.
Was The Apprentice real, yes I know it was called a reality show- but thats the point, they are all trying to create our reality.
Do you like our First Lady less because her chest is fake or she is as American as rhubarb pie. Its what makes her attractive.

Its was on the main page (where they had a great animation of what was burnt of Notre Dame and why I went there)
Under the title- "those raunchy Australians." But moreover, 'internet outrage'.
I cant believe how people can be bullied by outrage, internet is outraged, who cares.
Apparently the company was bullied into taking down that expensive video and apologize.
How bizarre, who else could that sex-mansion have been made for the clergy?
This is how they have turned us into sheep, they rather us believe owing a toyota minivan with 4 rugrats running around the house is the dream.
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/17/austr...ntl/index.html
There is an interesting thing where execs and marketing fail when it comes to internet outrage.

Internet outrage is free views.

If the outrage is by people that would never buy or use your product in the first place; there is no need to placate or remove.

A rookie mistake is to freak out at online outrage, the twitterazi's, if they are not your customers, are simply helping reach people who may be potential customers but hadn't heard of you.

Have some backbone, create your brand, get it out there.

There are times where the outrage may be from your customer base, or potential customer base, that is the time to apologize.

In this case, as you point out, the outrage seems to be from people that would never be customers in the first place.

The following 2 users liked this post by Tervuren:
DavidYau (05-12-2019), Queen and Country (05-12-2019)