Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

No Such Thing As voter Fraud..Realy???

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Such Thing As voter Fraud..Realy???

 
  #1  
Old 10-14-2018, 08:12 PM
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upland, CA.
Posts: 5,744
Liked 852 Times in 609 Posts
Default No Such Thing As voter Fraud..Realy???

Anyone for voter ID???
Please God...don't let me die before Nov. 6th...I don't want to vote democrat...

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/4-I...lowFB_DFWBrand
 
  #2  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Posts: 6,289
Liked 449 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Now if they could just catch the other 3 million fradaulent voters!
 
The following users liked this post: amcdonal86
jackra_1 (10-16-2018)
  #3  
Old 10-16-2018, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest USA
Posts: 19,793
Liked 6,339 Times in 4,733 Posts
Default

I can't think of anyone, at any time, asserting that voter fraud flat-out doesn't exist.

What's in debate is A) "how many?" .........

.....and B) if efforts to prevent fraudulent votes are preventing or hampering honest votes. Everyone should want to prevent fraudulent votes. Everyone should not want to hamper or prevent honest votes. We should all be able to agree on that, I'd say. IOW, make sure the cure isn't causing more harm than the disease.

I recall that some newly formed (well, 2-3 years ago?) voter ID laws have been stricken down in court .

Cheers
DD
 
  #4  
Old 10-16-2018, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Posts: 6,289
Liked 449 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Let's just say some of us here are much more susceptible to the high pitched whines of the dog whistle
 
The following users liked this post: amcdonal86
jackra_1 (10-16-2018)
  #5  
Old 10-16-2018, 06:33 PM
jackra_1's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 3,560
Liked 842 Times in 647 Posts
Default

Looks like new voter registration since 2016 has broken records. Of those new Democrats outnumber Independents who outnumber Republicans.

We are not talking small % numbers either.

The only way Republicans win elections, beyond just spewing misinformation, is by Gerrymandering, and voter suppression. Also the Electoral College, a truly outdated piece of work, favors Republicans.

Republicans have known this for a very long time and have done their very best to "cheat".

Pennsylvania will be interesting because of the redrawn maps to eradicate the republican Gerrymandering.
 
  #6  
Old 10-16-2018, 07:58 PM
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upland, CA.
Posts: 5,744
Liked 852 Times in 609 Posts
Default

 
The following 2 users liked this post by Jayt2:
Brutal (10-18-2018), mrsclark (10-18-2018)
  #7  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:08 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Posts: 6,289
Liked 449 Times in 377 Posts
Default

So the purpose is to basically make one person's vote count more than another's.
 
  #8  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:20 PM
jackra_1's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 3,560
Liked 842 Times in 647 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by amcdonal86 View Post
So the purpose is to basically make one person's vote count more than another's.
Precisely!
 
  #9  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upland, CA.
Posts: 5,744
Liked 852 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jackra_1 View Post
Looks like new voter registration since 2016 has broken records. Of those new Democrats outnumber Independents who outnumber Republicans.

We are not talking small % numbers either.

The only way Republicans win elections, beyond just spewing misinformation, is by Gerrymandering, and voter suppression. Also the Electoral College, a truly outdated piece of work, favors Republicans.

Republicans have known this for a very long time and have done their very best to "cheat".

Pennsylvania will be interesting because of the redrawn maps to eradicate the republican Gerrymandering.

Good grief you really don't believe all of that...do you??? FAKE NEWS....
 
  #10  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:27 PM
jackra_1's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 3,560
Liked 842 Times in 647 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jayt2 View Post
Good grief you really don't believe all of that...do you??? FAKE NEWS....
Would not expect better from you as the truth is ALWAYS called fake news by you and people like you.
 
  #11  
Old 10-16-2018, 08:57 PM
jackra_1's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 3,560
Liked 842 Times in 647 Posts
Default

Looking at Kemp in Georgia and the well documented attempts at voter suppression he has been doing for decades you have to wonder how
many deliberate errors were made on certain voter registration documents.

I am of course talking about exact match ID where a simple thing such as Rd vs Road in an address would disqualify you from voting.

When an official makes that typing error on a document that you submit you have to wonder whether it was deliberate. Especially so
when it happens many thousands of times AND when the majority of such errors occur on non white submissions.

This is ALL FACT by the way but yet again certain people will call it fake news.

If it can happen in Georgia it can and probably did elsewhere with republicans in power.
 
  #12  
Old 10-16-2018, 09:40 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest USA
Posts: 19,793
Liked 6,339 Times in 4,733 Posts
Default

Those population maps can be deceiving.

Don't forget that, between the coasts, there are great, huge, and enormous swaths of.....absolutely nothing



Cheers
DD
 
  #13  
Old 10-16-2018, 09:56 PM
jackra_1's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: MD
Posts: 3,560
Liked 842 Times in 647 Posts
Default

Election 2016: The Real Reason the Electoral College Exists | Time

Well according to the above article The Electoral College is way out of date.
 
  #14  
Old 10-16-2018, 11:24 PM
macdoesit's Avatar
Veteran Member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: choctaw,ok USA
Posts: 1,247
Liked 167 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jackra_1 View Post
Would not expect better from you as the truth is ALWAYS called fake news by you and people like you.
Have never expected any better of you or people like you.
Why not put a JMO in front of all your post.
 
  #15  
Old 10-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upland, CA.
Posts: 5,744
Liked 852 Times in 609 Posts
  #16  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:02 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gosport
Posts: 238
Liked 73 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jayt2 View Post
If this is what passes for explanation, there is no wonder that confusion abounds.

I don't understand this picture.

Well, I understand the picture, but I don't understand the point that it is trying to make. Why is "this" why you have an Electoral College? What is it about this picture that means that an Electoral College helps?

If the majority should rule, then one person one vote should be enough, and the votes should be aggregated as applicable: Vote once in your town (for town stuff), once in your State (State stuff), and once in your Country (Country stuff), then where you live is not diluted/ exaggerated by the system. The picture appears to show that geographical distribution ensures that some people are underrepresented, and others are overrepresented, but It seems to the untrained eye that the Electoral College replaces this by a system that is designed to differently underrepresent some people, and overrepresent others. This appears to be "voter fraud" (as do most other forms of "representative" democracy), but it is performed in a way that the voter doesn't know that they are being defrauded, because they are continually being fed a story about it being somehow "fairer".

(I don't vote in the system, I am neither Democrat nor Republican, just interested in the explanation.)
 
  #17  
Old 10-17-2018, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pacific Northwest USA
Posts: 19,793
Liked 6,339 Times in 4,733 Posts
Default


Very possibly a case registration fraud.

But this guy would have to prove that those who voted were ineligible to vote for it to become voter fraud.

Near as I can tell here's what constitutes registration fraud in California:
  • PC 18100(a) – It is illegal to register to vote when you are ineligible to vote
  • PC 18100(b) – Registering as a nonexistent person, which includes deceased persons, animals, or inanimate objects, is considered voter registration fraud
  • PC 18101 – It is illegal to register as a fictitious person
  • PC 18103 – It is illegal to interfere with or withhold another person’s registration card without the voter’s consent
  • PC 18102 – It is illegal for an official to register a nonexistent or ineligible person
  • PC 18104 – Any official who neglects or refuses to turn in registration affidavits are guilty of fraud

Or, a glitch in California's Motor Voter registration system? 23,000 mistakes found so far. But how many resulted in illegal votes? I dunno.

Cheers
DD
 
  #18  
Old 10-17-2018, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arlington, VA USA
Posts: 6,289
Liked 449 Times in 377 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Those population maps can be deceiving.

Don't forget that, between the coasts, there are great, huge, and enormous swaths of.....absolutely nothing



Cheers
DD
Hey he said it was Civics 101. He just didn't point out it was Civics 101 at Clown College aka Trump University
 
  #19  
Old 10-17-2018, 03:16 PM
Veteran Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upland, CA.
Posts: 5,744
Liked 852 Times in 609 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by christ View Post
If this is what passes for explanation, there is no wonder that confusion abounds.

I don't understand this picture.

Well, I understand the picture, but I don't understand the point that it is trying to make. Why is "this" why you have an Electoral College? What is it about this picture that means that an Electoral College helps?

If the majority should rule, then one person one vote should be enough, and the votes should be aggregated as applicable: Vote once in your town (for town stuff), once in your State (State stuff), and once in your Country (Country stuff), then where you live is not diluted/ exaggerated by the system. The picture appears to show that geographical distribution ensures that some people are underrepresented, and others are overrepresented, but It seems to the untrained eye that the Electoral College replaces this by a system that is designed to differently underrepresent some people, and overrepresent others. This appears to be "voter fraud" (as do most other forms of "representative" democracy), but it is performed in a way that the voter doesn't know that they are being defrauded, because they are continually being fed a story about it being somehow "fairer".

(I don't vote in the system, I am neither Democrat nor Republican, just interested in the explanation.)
Since half of the population lives in the noted blue (liberal) counties, they can dominate the federal elections and pretty well chose those elected officials. The populations in the grey (mostly conservative) areas (some very sparsely populated) would have little or no say in elections giving the blue counties all of the power.
The electoral college gives the grey areas a say in elections, minimum of 2 senators and one representative.
Which is why the liberals are whining about the electoral college, it helps even the playing field where Calif, and New York and possibly Florida and Texas cannot chose presidents by themselves leaving out all other states.
 
  #20  
Old 10-17-2018, 03:41 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gosport
Posts: 238
Liked 73 Times in 51 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Jayt2 View Post
Since half of the population lives in the noted blue (liberal) counties, they can dominate the federal elections and pretty well chose those elected officials. The populations in the grey (mostly conservative) areas (some very sparsely populated) would have little or no say in elections giving the blue counties all of the power.
The electoral college gives the grey areas a say in elections, minimum of 2 senators and one representative.
Which is why the liberals are whining about the electoral college, it helps even the playing field where Calif, and New York and possibly Florida and Texas cannot chose presidents by themselves leaving out all other states.
Nope. Still not understanding. How does concentrating people in.a few counties change anything? If we were to assume that every person gets one vote, then nothing changes wherever they live, so it can't be that. If it is (say) one vote for each county, then concentrating all the people in a few counties means that they have less say over all, as there are a lot more grey counties than blue, so it can't be that.

How does putting a lot of people in a county help those people "dominate the federal elections"? What is it that means "The populations in the grey (mostly conservative) areas (some very sparsely populated) would have little or no say in elections"?

I'm not sure that you mean that the grey area gets "2 senators and one representative", because that seems low, and you can't possibly mean that each grey area gets "2 senators and one representative" or there would be thousands of them - what precisely do you mean?

Are you trying to say that you believe that you consider that the majority would have an "unfairly large representation" in federal elections because they are the majority, and therefore the Electoral College evens the playing field by giving the rural minority an unfairly large representation?

As you can see, it is difficult to follow argument by sound bite.
 
The following users liked this post: christ
jackra_1 (10-17-2018)

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Such Thing As voter Fraud..Realy???


Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: