No Such Thing As voter Fraud..Realy??? - Page 3 - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

No Such Thing As voter Fraud..Realy???

Notices
Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No Such Thing As voter Fraud..Realy???

Old 11-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member

Dont forget that IF the House flips trump will blame everyone but himself as well as voter fraud in the millions.

Old 11-15-2018, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member
Old 11-15-2018, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,336 Times in 969 Posts

breitbart, say no more. Far right extremist nonsense

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sean W For This Useful Post:
jackra_1 (11-15-2018), RCSign (11-24-2018), SinF (11-16-2018)
Old 11-15-2018, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

It is amazing how the trumpist cult believes these fake news sites that make statements with absolutely no proof as back up.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackra_1 For This Useful Post:
RCSign (11-24-2018), SinF (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 04:58 AM

https://www.newyorker.com/humor/boro...-votes-winning

(Warning - that was satire, not a news report!)

Old 11-16-2018, 08:21 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jackra_1 View Post
It is amazing how the trumpist cult believes these fake news sites that make statements with absolutely no proof as back up.
They have to believe this nonsense, the alternative is to acknowledge that their ideology was renounced at the polls.

The only voter fraud that is currently going on in US is lead by GOP where they intentionally making it harder for minorities to vote by purging voter rolls and increasing documentation requirements.

The Following User Says Thank You to SinF For This Useful Post:
jackra_1 (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Thanked 6,128 Times in 4,599 Posts

There is some truth to the Breitbart piece. Here's the gist of the matter, from the article:

"....idea was to have voters fix and submit as many absentee ballots as possible with the altered forms in hopes of later including them in vote totals if a judge ruled such ballots were allowed."

At issue are mail-in ballots sent in with a signature mis-match problem, the deadline for re-submitting them, and altered 'cure affidavit' forms.

There's nothing wrong with encouraging voters to send in cure affidavits. But, it is a deception to say or imply (by altering the the deadline date on the form) that these votes will be counted before the appeal court has decided. And, it is clearly illegal to alter the forms. Whoever made that decision will have to face the music.

I suspect the courts will refuse to allow these votes to be counted.

Some media outlets are falsely characterizing this matter as a case altered ballots...or ballots sent in after the deadline. This is not the case. The ballots have not been altered and they were originally sent in before the deadline. The issue is whether or not they should be counted if the cure affidavits were sent in after the deadline.

Cheers
DD

Old 11-16-2018, 11:53 AM
Veteran Member

My understanding is that the cure affidavit forms were altered to reflect the then new 8th Nov deadline where on the original form the date was the 5th.

After that a Federal Judge changed the new deadline to the 10th.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jackra_1 View Post
My understanding is that the cure affidavit forms were altered to reflect the then new 8th Nov deadline where on the original form the date was the 5th.

After that a Federal Judge changed the new deadline to the 10th.

I may not be reading the latest stories.

My understanding is that the forms were altered merely in anticipation of the new deadline, not as a result of the new deadline.

Cheers
DD

Old 11-16-2018, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

I guess my question is, why is it that these signatures don't match? How do they determine if the signatures match?

My signature when I buy "milk in the store" is way different than it looks on my driver's license. In fact, it is usually just a squiggly line.

Old 11-16-2018, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Doug View Post

Some media outlets are falsely characterizing this matter as a case altered ballots...or ballots sent in after the deadline. This is not the case. The ballots have not been altered and they were originally sent in before the deadline. The issue is whether or not they should be counted if the cure affidavits were sent in after the deadline.

Cheers
DD
This is the part where I get lost. Not so much ballots coming in after the deadline. Hey vote on time! But if the postmark is within the deadline, count the damn ballot. That's what we all want, or at least I do in my State. If I voted on time, count my vote. If there are administrative or system issues during the count, fix them but count my vote! I voted on time. My vote shouldn't be excluded because of a technicality. I did my part. Both parties play this stupid game and sue, sue, sue. The public should be heard loud and clear on this.

Issues of people within the system manipulating votes is separate and distinct and should be handled by State authorities. I'm guessing they are. Idiotic rhetoric is worthless. In the case of Florida, it just riles the Trump base, which is the same as the Scott base. To what end? The voting is done. Conspiracy theories are in place, nothing will change until the votes are counted. I have no doubt Dems would do the same if the situation were reversed. It's tribal at its worst, and is just divides us all further. No value to America.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sean W For This Useful Post:
Doug (11-16-2018)
Old 11-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member

Whats the chance that all the "issues" with outdated machines, voter id in North Dakota,design of forms etc gets fixed before 2020?

Old 11-16-2018, 01:02 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amcdonal86 View Post
I guess my question is, why is it that these signatures don't match? How do they determine if the signatures match?

My signature when I buy "milk in the store" is way different than it looks on my driver's license. In fact, it is usually just a squiggly line.
Signatures change all the time. I presume 'they' don't have dozens of handwriting experts of staff but, instead, ordinary people who are looking for gross differences. But, I don't really know. Worth researching.

My signature varies from day-to-day due to arthritis and carpel tunnel. My hands are either A) numb or B) in pain. I have to concentrate to put my formal signature on a piece of paper and even then it might not come out right!

Cheers
DD

Old 11-16-2018, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Sean W View Post
breitbart, say no more. Far right extremist nonsense

Sounds like you prefer your news from the fake news outlets like Pravda East (NYTimes) and cnn (the premier phony news gang)

Old 11-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SinF View Post
They have to believe this nonsense, the alternative is to acknowledge that their ideology was renounced at the polls.

The only voter fraud that is currently going on in US is lead by GOP where they intentionally making it harder for minorities to vote by purging voter rolls and increasing documentation requirements.

Yup..purging dead people is making it harder for them to vote, especially in Chicago. Increasing ID does help to keep illegal immigrants from voting (except in Florida)

Old 11-16-2018, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jayt2 View Post
Sounds like you prefer your news from the fake news outlets like Pravda East (NYTimes) and cnn (the premier phony news gang)

Complaining about fake news and simultaneously using Breitbart as a source is a bit much

I've visited Breitbart numerous times and find that it isn't one iota less biased or more truthful than the MSM media it proclaims to rail against.

But, choose your poison, be it left wing or right wing, so long as you realize and take into consideration that you're reading overtly and intentionally biased news reports and commentaries.

Cheers
DD

Old 11-16-2018, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member

Bears repeat posting I think

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sean W For This Useful Post:
jackra_1 (11-17-2018), SinF (11-17-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 01:09 AM
Veteran Member
Thanked 1,082 Times in 805 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W View Post
Bears repeat posting I think

Good grief, outrageously biased left wing rags, rated as slightly skewed liberal? As in lots of charts and models, the output says more about the biases of the author than anything about current or future reality.

On the electoral system. Its just the predictable outcome of the the US penchant for fragmenting things , letting everybody go their own way and then being surprised that it isnt a cohesive system and in some areas is totally corrupted and manipulated. History repeating across many domains.

Old 11-20-2018, 08:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by yarpos View Post
Good grief, outrageously biased left wing rags, rated as slightly skewed liberal? As in lots of charts and models, the output says more about the biases of the author than anything about current or future reality.
The results are similar to many other bias-checking sources.

There seems to be general agreement on what's absolute junk and what isn't, at least.

I prefer this site, personally:
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/methodology/

In any case, what's alarming to me is that so many people gobble-up as "truth" what they're being fed from sources that are so obviously biased. Half-truths (and even quarter-truths, or less!) absolutely abound but lots of people are unwilling to discern. We've all seen debates where a person thinks they are proving a point by sharing a link that is nothing more than a click-bait headline followed by half-truths, all of it easily debunked in about 30 seconds.

On the electoral system. Its just the predictable outcome of the the US penchant for fragmenting things , letting everybody go their own way and then being surprised that it isnt a cohesive system and in some areas is totally corrupted and manipulated. History repeating across many domains.
Amen, brother!

Cheers
DD

Old 11-20-2018, 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

I think people think news is "fake" because they are watching too much cable news and consuming too much viral social media. If you turn on the TV and watch the primetime network nightly news, I think most people would find it fairly in depth and completely unbiased. It's just that nobody does that anymore!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No Such Thing As voter Fraud..Realy???

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: