Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

Rant- Someone keyed my Jag earlier this week, was it justified?

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Have you ever purposely damaged a strangers vehicle?
Yes
28.57%
No
71.43%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Rant- Someone keyed my Jag earlier this week, was it justified?

Old 04-12-2019, 02:49 AM
PNW
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rant- Someone keyed my Jag earlier this week, was it justified?

I was at a outpatient group session when it happened, I didn't notice until the next day at least it's not along the length of the car but still looks really bad . I checked my passenger side prior to my meeting and it was fine... I was parked next to a white truck and I believe the owner is the one that did it, I'll admit I was in a rush and its hell finding a parking spot at the facility I did notice I was a little close to him but I just left it.

Idk how I feel about the whole thing, I can see how someone who's taller or heavier could have a tough time but I've dealt with this a million times in my life... It's never bothered me even slightly I don't even pay attention to it when I squeeze in. I mean I guess persons anger is justified if they had a REALLY hard time getting into their vehicle. I want to re paint the car away the original is so faded, so That doesn't bother me, its a matter of principle. Even if I was completely blocked by someone I would key their ****.

Id say I'm lucky I didn't get a broken window or slashed tires. I'm sure I will see the truck again and I've thought about asking the person about it but maybe I should just let it go because in reality i don't know if they did it there's no way of really knowing for sure.

How do you guys feel about this? Do think the car being keyed is justified?

Old 04-12-2019, 06:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 434 Likes on 294 Posts

No. It's not ever justified. Even if the guy was one of those double parking people or immensely rude directly to you. We're all grown ups, being in a bad mood doesn't mean you get to break other people's stuff.

Old 04-12-2019, 06:58 AM
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Many years ago, I had just had my MGA repainted by a professional paint shop. It was stunning in silver with black piping and all new chrome bumpers and trim. I had to stop at the grocery store for a few things and I parked it in a section the lot with no other cars. Upon exiting the store, I see a huge Cadillac swing into the spot RIGHT NEXT TO ME. The fella flings open his door and I could hear the thump and saw the MGA move! Out of the Caddy comes this huge fat guy and he trundles toward the store. I walk over to my car to assess the situation and sure enough the passenger door is dented and the paint scratched. I holler over to the man and he turns to look my way. I said nothing I just pointed to the door and he just shakes his head and shrugged his shoulders. I was soooo pissed that I walked around to his passenger door, reared back and planted my foot square into the center of the door. It caved in smartly with enough of a thump that the big fella stopped and looked my way. He had a look on his face and started back to his car. I shrugged at him my shoulders and got in my car and left. It was the only time I ever purposely damaged someone elses property. I felt I was justified.

The following 3 users liked this post by lunatic_fringe:
89 Jacobra (04-16-2019), PNW (04-12-2019), Sundowner (04-14-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 07:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you say or do anything to provoke this?

There are many stupid people out there willing to do terrible things.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:00 AM
PNW

No, nobody was there when I parked, checked my doors, and went inside and when my group was over the white truck was gone (the parking spot was still available so I don't think anyone else had parked there) thenI noticed the scratch the next day. I didn't go anywhere else so it happened while I was in the group.

Its reassuring to hear people also think like me.

im just gonna use this to motivate me to finally get a new paint job, I've been telling myself I'll do it soon since I got the car.

Old 04-13-2019, 12:28 AM
PNW

I completely agree, I'm sure he goes around treating others in a similar fashion and I can only assume that most the time people will just avoid confrontation. In a more serious situation there really needs to be consequences. I don't get how a person can just shrug off something like that? He was basically giving you the finger.

Sparta kick to the passenger door, handled it like a boss lol

Old 04-13-2019, 08:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,372 Likes on 2,630 Posts

We used to call that the Zeinman Effect:
Beautiful new paint on a Treasured pet car. First time out, someone musses the paint. Or the body. Or wrecks it.

I Hate it when that happens!
(';")

Last edited by LnrB; 04-13-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 04-13-2019, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper scumbags

I hate to see this kind of vandalism to such a beautiful car I can only assume jealousy. Maybe you could touch it in using minimal paint,a magnifying glass,fine brush ,followed by very fine wet and dry paper, cutting compound,then buff and polish.least it won’t rust then . Cheers Chris.

Old 04-13-2019, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 434 Likes on 294 Posts

I had my 00 XKR keyed a few years back and despite the awful thing keyed in, it was a plus since then insurance paid for half a full paint job. I then just paid for the other half. I treat it as a mixed blessing since I was 2 months from then it was scheduled for paint work!

My car was at a bar and grille place for a bridal shower of a friend and I was just parked regular and I came out to obvious vandalism on my driver's side door. This was a really nice neighborhood too. Lesson learned, and at least I saved some money out of the deal.

Old 04-16-2019, 04:21 AM
Received 104 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by lunatic_fringe View Post
Many years ago, I had just had my MGA repainted by a professional paint shop. It was stunning in silver with black piping and all new chrome bumpers and trim. I had to stop at the grocery store for a few things and I parked it in a section the lot with no other cars. Upon exiting the store, I see a huge Cadillac swing into the spot RIGHT NEXT TO ME. The fella flings open his door and I could hear the thump and saw the MGA move! Out of the Caddy comes this huge fat guy and he trundles toward the store. I walk over to my car to assess the situation and sure enough the passenger door is dented and the paint scratched. I holler over to the man and he turns to look my way. I said nothing I just pointed to the door and he just shakes his head and shrugged his shoulders. I was soooo pissed that I walked around to his passenger door, reared back and planted my foot square into the center of the door. It caved in smartly with enough of a thump that the big fella stopped and looked my way. He had a look on his face and started back to his car. I shrugged at him my shoulders and got in my car and left. It was the only time I ever purposely damaged someone elses property. I felt I was justified.
Indeed, you were...good for you! And truth be told, if someone had done that to me, I would have done the exact same thing.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 191 Posts

I had a very similar situation happen to me in a shopping center parking lot. I was sitting in My 71 Mach1 ,waiting for the wife (ex) a lady pulls next to the passenger side of my 71 Mach1 Mustang, and flings the drivers door of her car squarely into the passenger side door of my Mach1. I had electric windows, and lowered the passenger side, and said hey "lady" take it easy, she replied, it's just a "piece of ****" anyway! To which I replied well it's my piece of ****, not yours. She scoffed, and waddled her fat **** into the store. I sat there fuming mad ! How dare she! Finally I couldn't take it anymore, and reached over, and popped the passenger door open, and kicked the door into the drivers side rear door of her Mercury Marquis, caving it in quite smartly. I had never been a vengeful person, at that point in life (19). She was correct in that the car could have been considered a piece of ****, But it was "my" piece of ****! At that point in time I still thought people were all good, and the world was sunshine and roses. I soon figured out, all the sunshine and roses did was blind you, and hide the thorns, (********). Now at 60 I simply want to remove the SOB's that **** me off! My tolerance for ignorant, and asinine people, has dwindled quite severely over the years.

Jack

Last edited by 89 Jacobra; 04-16-2019 at 11:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RudyF6 (04-17-2019)