Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

The small things that piss you off,that shouldn't.

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The small things that piss you off,that shouldn't.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,471 Likes on 2,708 Posts

Originally Posted by yarpos View Post
I am getting pissed off in advance. The Annual General Meeting of my car club is coming up, and we will get the usual suspects whining about what the club does or doesnt do, then we will have complete silence when the committee positions are vacated and nominees are called (you now, to actually do something). Then the same 10-20% of people who actually make stuff happen will step up yet again.
Originally Posted by o1xjr View Post
That sounds familiar, the Chevrolet club I belonged to in the 80's was the same. As was the All British Day committee that was made up from members from local car clubs. The clubs that did the whining were the same ones that had no nominees for the positions.
Our club has a core group who trade positions among themselves from year to year, much like the clubs you mention. Mostly they're people in their 70s and 80s who have been members for Decades, some of them Founding Members. (Until just this past March we were the first new members in Years and I was the youngest one!)

In fact, the Club President just had open heart surgery last week!
(';')

Old 05-03-2019, 08:21 AM
Received 227 Likes on 137 Posts

Sounds like a case of "When all is said and done, there is usually more said than done."
I see young people who know everything and can tell anyone else what to do, but become very "busy" when the conversation comes to them doing something themselves.
And what are they often busy doing? Meeting friends for hours (or days) long video game marathons.
I guess they feel that a new college degree makes them qualified to direct others and exempts them from physical work.
They couldn't be more wrong.
I know of one who was has a degree in finance and chose not to take one week of vacation last year because his girlfriend couldn't get time off. He basically worked for free for a week. A finance major did this. I just shake my head. He could have visited his mother for a few days and asked her if he could do anything for her. There was plenty that he could have done but it was physical work. I guess sitting in front of a computer all day is easier than helping his mother.
It's sad, but there's a lot of that around these days. I hope they grow up before they reach 40.

The following users liked this post:
DavidYau (05-03-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,229 Likes on 827 Posts

Old 05-03-2019, 03:21 PM

That's a lot of trash, especially from people who are supposed to care about such things. It looks like they brought trash from home by the carload.
And you know how most of them got to and from the event? Fossil fuel transportation.

Old 05-03-2019, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 934 Posts

Typical double standards from these 'caring' clowns.
Although it could have been a meeting of garbage operatives I suppose.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:58 AM
Received 4,558 Likes on 3,470 Posts

When your own uncle & brother assume you do what they do and pay someone to do the dirty work. Maybe they should venture down to my garage sometime and see what I actually do in there rather than heading for the back deck & esky.

Last edited by o1xjr; 05-06-2019 at 05:01 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 908 Likes on 702 Posts

I am in the process of detailing my 2005 XJR which is going to be at least a 10 day process as it includes respraying the hood as well as the wheels and calipers etc.

What do I find this morning? Dirty cat paw prints all over the hood!!

The car is in the garage and the cat is a house cat and is not supposed to be let out.

If this had happened after I started the prep of the hood there may well have been a missing cat.

89 Jacobra (05-07-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member

One evening soon after Nix came to live with me, I took her out for an evening to one of my usual haunts, to show her off as much as anything. As it was dark I didn't notice anything amiss at the time I left.

However. Next morning, in the cold clear light of day, there were plainly Parallel Scratches on the hood that had Not been there before! Some Resident Feral Feline (any cat not mine is feral) had jumped on the hood and taken a snooze, having found a nice, clean warm spot, and left behind evidence of traction attempts.

It only happened there Once.
(';')

Old 05-08-2019, 07:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Just had to post this... one of the issues I have with driving the STR around town is the abundance of 16 to 30-something adolescents driving the import du jour, usually a WRX, that think they can claim a win against the STR. Perhaps they can, I will never know because being a grown up and a retired police officer, I don't street race. I do track days with my other car and occasionally run the STR for a couple of laps.

BTW, I never get it from Mustangs or Camaros, Chargers or Challengers. Not even the occasional BMW or Benzos, just the "JDM" crowd. The same happens when the wife is out in the car.

Regardless, it is annoying. So I was on my way to work, taking the same route every morning and every few days I get to a certain stop light at the same time as this knucklehead in a black WRX. Generally, we do not end up side by side at the front of the pack, waiting for the light, but this morning, there we were. He immediately lowers his driver's window looks over and ***** his head, revving the motor and nodding toward the street in front of us, the universal juvenile "lets race" non-verbal parlance. I try to ignore him, but he's having no part of it. I glance in my rearview and see something interesting. A gray Ford Taurus. It is sitting in traffic right behind the wunderkind. Now, one of the benefits of being the former police is being able to recognize of the nuances that set the grocery getter Taurus apart from the police interceptor, especially the "unmarked" version. For the sake of disclosure, it's the black full mesh grille. So, I'm now pretty sure the police officer is seeing and hearing the antics of the little man bun wearing soy boy and I'm also sure it will result in a traffic stop, but there is no lesson in that... So, I finally look over at the kid and just nod. I then turn and face forward. I let my car roll about a foot and apply the brake and as soon as the light turns green he launches, and he is off. He bangs through third gear before he realizes there is a police car on his tail lit up like a Christmas tree. They pull over about a block and a half ahead of us and just as I'm passing the location, the officer, who is getting out of his car, is laughing looks in my direction and gives me a thumbs up, shaking his head at the same time. Mission accomplished.

Last edited by PaddyFitz; 05-09-2019 at 12:15 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by PaddyFitz:
89 Jacobra (05-11-2019), DavidYau (05-09-2019), LnrB (05-10-2019), michaelh (05-09-2019), nosox (05-08-2019)
Old 05-08-2019, 09:03 PM
Received 123 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by PaddyFitz View Post
Just had to post this... ....

Old 05-09-2019, 06:47 AM
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I've seen a number of individuals fitting that MO in my neck of the woods. It's always satisfying to see poetic justice in action.

This ones for LnrB:

This is Bela (as in Lugosi) - he is the workshop foreman and oversees all automotive work in progress. If you tell him to get off a car, you get this look like "make me".

The following 2 users liked this post by metalbasher:
LnrB (05-10-2019), michaelh (05-09-2019)
Old 05-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Received 207 Likes on 150 Posts
Default 7th flat this year

Bugger

Reverend Sam (07-14-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 279 Likes on 203 Posts

One consulation. It's only flat on the Bottom!!!

DavidYau (05-11-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 04:55 PM

What pisses me off?
Not much anymore, but I just spent a week with family listening to the women telling the men "don't say that", or "don't talk about that", or "I hate it when you say that".
After a week of this on the last day I was asked in a conversation about a past event "why didn't you say anything?" when she had a universally bad idea. Really?
After shut up, shut up, and shut up for a week you ask why I didn't tell my girlfriend that her idea was a bad one?
What was I supposed to say, "honey, your idea sucks", or "that's a really bad idea, how about if I join you?"
Sometimes I just pay the penalty for remaining silent.

The following 2 users liked this post by stu46h:
89 Jacobra (05-17-2019), DavidYau (05-13-2019)
Old 05-13-2019, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,229 Likes on 827 Posts

89 Jacobra (05-17-2019)
Old 05-16-2019, 05:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re; stu46h

So let me get this straight... Did you just spend a week at my ex-mother in-law's house? Because that situation sounds painfully familiar. Brother, I am sorry.

Last edited by PaddyFitz; 05-16-2019 at 06:02 PM.
89 Jacobra (05-17-2019)
Old 05-19-2019, 08:56 PM

The strangest thing is that I don't think anyone else noticed the irony. Shut up, shut up, shut up...why didn't you say anything? It was priceless. Bill Cosby had a routine like that many years ago. As a youngster he was being scolded by his parent who, after repeatedly telling him not to interrupt the tongue lashing he was receiving, yelled, "ANSWER ME!". It was hilarious.
If I mentioned the irony, the conversation would only be entertaining to me so I thought better of it. Not many share my sense of humor and I have better ways to entertain myself than to **** off the women in my family. I used to **** them off for fun but now we're getting older and I don't want to be responsible for any heart attacks or aneurysms.
It was the elephant in the room that I felt only I could see and I left it at that.
I need to refrain from talking about that stuff, or asking the wrong questions, even if they're relevant to the conversation. If anyone is talking about either politics or religion here's an idea...
If you want to have fun and ruin a party at the same time, ask a group of people what Catholic Democrats think of abortion. There will surely be some in the room so ask them to tell you if they abandon their politics for their religion or if they abandon their religion for their politics.
Or you could just rip a huge fart and let everyone know how good it felt and ask them if they can smell it. The results will be about the same.
If you're there with a partner, she will probably go home alone...or with someone else. Your relationship will end very soon and your social life will suffer for a long time.
I do best when I limit myself to topics like the weather, sports, and ice cream.

The following 2 users liked this post by stu46h:
DavidYau (05-20-2019), RudyF6 (05-20-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 05:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 279 Likes on 203 Posts

The SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, got me thinking. I was about 5 or 6 (early 60's) Grandpa had a 60 Cadillac Sedan Deville 4 dr hardtop. I was in the back seat, and was always being told to sit down, and SHUT UP. Well Grandpa was backing out of a parking spot headed right for a utility pole. I said Grandpa! which was immediately followed by Jackie sit down, and SHUT UP. Which caused my Grandma to tell Grandpa, not to yell at me all the time. So they start arguing. I said again Grandpa ! Which was once again followed by SHUT UP, Jackie. But Grandpa I said ! BAMMMMM ! Goes the back of the Cadillac into the utility pole. I was trying to tell you you were going to hit that pole. After he examined the damage, and calmed down (and Grandma finished chewing him out for not listening to me). He apologized to me for yelling at me, and said he needed to learn to listen to me once in a while.

I remember being "Pissed" when I was little always being told to sit down, and SHUT UP! Nobody ever listened to me.

Jack

Old 05-22-2019, 02:53 AM
Received 207 Likes on 150 Posts
Default Yet more holes in my air tunnel accordian section

Geez! It seems like lately, checking for air leaks in the engine bay, by blowing smoke from my Monte Cristo Churchill Cigar, I find yet more holes in the AJ-27 V8 air tunnel accordion.
Had to get out the tape... again.

Think it's time to finally get a new air tunnel..... and no I'm not going with the shiny Mina Gallery upgrade. Staying original ... for my car.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member

AHA! A little colorful addition, I see; just as an accent.
(';')

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The small things that piss you off,that shouldn't.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: