Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SoCal Quake

Old 07-09-2019, 03:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 934 Posts

Careful L, somebody could probably triangulate your position from those details!
We live in a tiny place and can see diddly squat in any direction.

Old 07-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,469 Likes on 2,706 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve M View Post
Careful L, somebody could probably triangulate your position from those details!....
Yeah, I thought about that, but the closest anyone would come is somewhere in Tehama County. I've already given that away.

And ya know, Steve, no one has called me L since those halcyon days of netscape.test.multimedia (indeed the whole news.Netscape.com server) when I first came to this part of the world and where I learned to make a computer do my bidding instead of me doing the bidding of the machine. The first time you did that it was a blast from the past I tell ya!
(';')

Old 07-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,220 Likes on 820 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug View Post
Well you gotta remember that Cali is HUGE. There isn't just one California, so to speak. There are many. In many respects there's a lot to love.

Los Angeles (and "the greater Los Angeles area") usually dominates 90% of the discussion. But there's so much more to California than that.

I spent 29 years in Los Angeles. Returned for a visit a couple months ago after very long absence.

Yuck.

I wish I had skipped the visit and left my pleasant memories intact. Too much has changed and the density, for me nowadays, is simply intolerable.

Cheers
DD
Doug, iffen you saw only the hel hay area, I can understand the "yuck". As you said, there's a lot more to Calif. that that place. Maybe next time, visit: the Redwoods Natl' Forest, Sequoia Nat'l Forest, Joshua Tree Nat'l Monument, Hiway 1 from OUTSIDE of hel hay all of the way north. Yosemite, etc.