Go Back  Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum > General Jaguar Forums > Off Topic
Reload this Page >

WHo here owns a Land Rover/Range Rover

Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes. Fun, laughs and good times here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WHo here owns a Land Rover/Range Rover

Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default WHo here owns a Land Rover/Range Rover

Was just wondering as I do own a Disco 1, Wife loves it and its easy to work on. Althought the faux leather is the worst.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 PM
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I own an '81 88" Series III.

Old 04-03-2012, 02:37 AM
Received 1,206 Likes on 709 Posts

Rare for me but I don't have one at the moment.

My oldest was a S1 1955 86" chassis no 998

and I have had many Series LR, including a couple of full Safari's, also old RR including one with a retro fit Perkins 4236 diesel.

Max revs, 1600 with OD gave 16 forward and 4 reverse. That thing would pull down a house or in low first at idle with my feet off the pedals it would simply chug up vertical inclines without missing a beat.

Also built my own coiler 86" with RR 3.9 V8 and Fairey OD. Included RR braking system. But was still a hairy beast.

And a French fire service command vehicle complete with full sirens livery etc. Great in traffic.

Had a Disco that the gearstick came off in my hand in a rally, damn thing was only held in with a plastic fitting, easy repair though if it ever happens to you.

I was recently thinking about getting another.

Old 04-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a 2006 Range rover Sport HSE, As with my jaguar, random problems left and right - which are all electrical. Putting aside the problems with the bluetooth navi system, it keeps going into "Transmission Failsafe Mode" because it shifts hard from Park to Drive, so i gotta shift one gear at a time until i feel the transmission "Bump".. Absolutely sucks.

Other than that, and the thermostat sticking, blowing up the coolant reservoir - and a bunch of hoses- i still love it. Its a nice truck, just really high maintenance. (This is the last year BMW made em) High tech computer controlled vehicles.. not sure how i feel about them vs the old simple ECU's etc. haha