Other Jaguar Models / Concepts / Replicas Do you have a Jaguar model not listed above? This is the place to talk about it!

XJS Koenig Special is ugly as sin...

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 06:53 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 154 Likes on 103 Posts
Default XJS Koenig Special is ugly as sin...

I can't be the only one who thinks so, right? That rear end is atrocious. The mechanic upgrades outlined on the HP—like the manual—are pretty cool, but otherwise, no way...

Old 11-10-2017, 09:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 724 Likes on 499 Posts

It's not just you. Yuk!

Old 11-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 475 Likes on 311 Posts

Everything is a product of it's era. Back in the late 70's body kits of this type were popular.

Combine the craze over the Ferrari Testarossa and the Porsche 930 Turbo and there was a flurry of flared fender, whale tailed, side straked monstrosities running around the streets. I saw a vehicle similar to this Porsche on a consignment lot a couple of weeks ago, on the plus side the asking price was only 17k. Actually not a bad price.

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Mayday (11-13-2017)
Old 11-13-2017, 06:48 PM
JagForums Town Crier
Received 154 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Rivguy
Everything is a product of it's era. Back in the late 70's body kits of this type were popular.

Combine the craze over the Ferrari Testarossa and the Porsche 930 Turbo and there was a flurry of flared fender, whale tailed, side straked monstrosities running around the streets. I saw a vehicle similar to this Porsche on a consignment lot a couple of weeks ago, on the plus side the asking price was only 17k. Actually not a bad price.
I didn't like the slant nose conversions when I was a kid, but I have to admit I kind of like them now?