PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[NorthEast]: 1988 jaguar xjs with lister kit $900 must be towed

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1988 jaguar xjs with lister kit $900 must be towed

Hello all,

I have a black on black 1988 Jaguar XJS with the Lister body work, and badges located in north nj.I purchased this car from the original owner a couple years ago to have a father-son project. Dad became sick, so I am selling it before we could finish. Have keys to gas door and glove box, misplaced ignition key. I also have all paperwork, clean title and clean carfax.

1988 XJS coupe black on black
Car doesn't run
Original window sticker
Dealer service records
Lister kit
All vin stickers on body panels match and clean carfax
Original paint has peeling clear coat
Door has a ding
Center console wood needs replacing
Parking brake doesn't work
Air in brakes, rear calipers leaking

The service records indicate the car wouldn't start, but when it was towed to the dealer it would start fine and they couldn't figure it out. Currently the car doesn't start. The gas tank was cleaned and resealed as it had a leak. I changed the oil.The fuel pump was seized so I replaced that. I would replace the fuel filter next, clean the injectors and check for fuel injector pulse. Right now dad is unable to help anymore so we are selling it. I might even have a new fuel filter and spark plugs that we didn't have a chance to try. I can email photos. This is a USA car, not the European Lister, but the USA Lister body is still very attractive. I have seen the kit alone for $1000. This car was dealer maintained.

Thanks

Old 11-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photos

Here are photos of the car.

Attached Thumbnails 1988 jaguar xjs with lister kit 0 must be towed-img_6887.jpg   1988 jaguar xjs with lister kit 0 must be towed-img_6888.jpg   1988 jaguar xjs with lister kit 0 must be towed-img_6889.jpg   1988 jaguar xjs with lister kit 0 must be towed-img_6890.jpg   1988 jaguar xjs with lister kit 0 must be towed-img_6891.jpg  

Old 11-10-2017, 08:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm interested..sent you a PM with my details

Thanks