PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 1995 Jaguar XJ12 in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 03:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 Jaguar XJ12 in Atlanta

Hello.
I'm selling my 1995 XJ12.
I bought this car for it's driveline, but kind of fell in love with it, and I already have 3 other cars, so this one has to go.

Here's everything bad. I don't like surprises, and I'm sure you don't either.

The Bad:

Transmission slips until warmed up. I believe this to be related to an electrical connection swelling and shrinking with heat, as it is 100% after a 10 minute warmup.

Engine recently started making what I believe to be a bad timing chain tensioner rattling sound. Engine still starts right up, and drives very strong. Sound is either gone or unnoticeable after 3000rpm.

AC compressor has been removed, and alternator relocated to it's home.
Was done to compensate for the original drive rubber on the crankshaft pulley deteriorating. I bought it this way, and it didn't bother me, as I was going to steal it's engine and redo the belting anyway. But you would probably want to look into it. All lines are still in place, and would go back easily with a new pump, and pulley rebuild.

Interior is very nice, cream leather, with the drivers seat (of course) showing the most wear. One small hole on it's bolster.

Power steering reservoir hose is weeping before the pump. There is enough hose to nip off the end and reseat it, and that will be that.

3 small dings on rear passenger door.

The good:

Very clean, Underbelly Looks like a 5 year old car. No rust.

Bilstein suspension is in great condition and handles beautifully.

Tires are very meaty, and in excellent shape.

Starts and runs beautifully.

I will not state how fast I have driven this car, but speedometer's full sweep has been verified to work perfectly on I-75.

For sale locally. I have several interested parties coming to see it this week, but I of course wanted to make the enthusiast community aware of it's sale as well. Feel free to contact me through my email or phone number listed on the craigslist ad if you like.

CLICK THIS LINK FOR THE AD

The following users liked this post:
Johnny_B (06-17-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 PM
Received 140 Likes on 94 Posts

I did contact you.

Any luck?

Padre

Old 06-16-2016, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Padre!

Just wrote you back an email.
Still for sale.
Will snap you some more pics in the morning.

Spike