PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 1998 XK8 Coupe (or trade for stick-shift X-Type)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 02:20 AM
Received 178 Likes on 70 Posts
Default 1998 XK8 Coupe (or trade for stick-shift X-Type)

For sale: 1998 XK8 Coupe, rare purple/gray color scheme. 103k miles, although the car is in a regular driving rotation with two other Jags and that number will go up.

Car is mechanically sound but needs cosmetics.

What's good about this car:
* Mostly new front suspension (about $2k in work) done within the last month. New springs, Bilstein shocks, inner tie rods, strut tower isolators, etc.
* Timing chain tensioner work has already been done.
* Cold A/C, hot heat
* Dash is in good shape
* Runs very well, performs as it should.

What's not good about this car:
* Needs a repaint. Lots of clear-coat breakdown on the roof and rear haunches. Trunk was worse at one time, I ordered paint to start re-doing the entire car, but the paint shop ordered the wrong shade and I've yet to go back and try again. So the trunk is actually a different shade of purple than the rest of the car.
* Chrome factory wheels but the chrome needs to be re-shot.
* Driver's seat has a tear on the outer side bolster. The center armrest also needs recovering (but at least the cupholder works!). Top of the steering wheel has weirdly delaminated.
* Radio does not work. I've opened the amp and checked it and it appears to be OK, so I suspect the output drive of the radio itself is shot.
* Rock ding and crack on the front windshield right up where the rear-view mirror attaches.
* Center rear view mirror no longer adjusts properly. Side mirrors are fine, though.
* I'm not a smoker but someone in its past was, as there's a cigarette burn on the headliner.

I'd prefer to sell it and the asking price is $5950/obo. However I will consider trades for a stick-shift X-Type in similar mechanical condition to this one. This car has been very reliable for us, but it was a car I had bought for my wife before we realized we would have a child on the way and it's just not practical for more than two people.

Some pictures attached but I'll try to add others. NOTE: These pics were shot before the front suspension work was done, and the car is now back up to stock ride height. Link to album: Jaguar XK8 by JessN16 | JaguarForums.com

To see how far you are away from me, search ZIP Code 36460.

Jess

Last edited by JessN16; 03-16-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:45 AM
Received 178 Likes on 70 Posts

Dropping price to $5450/obo. Need to get this one moving. Also not really looking anymore to trade for an X-Type but can't seem to edit my original post to reflect that.

Jess

p.s.: Was asked about this -- trans fluid service has NOT been done on this car yet.

Last edited by JessN16; 03-27-2017 at 01:30 AM.