PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: 2000 XJ8 vanden plas, 84,000 miles, as project car

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 12:26 PM
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 2000 XJ8 vanden plas, 84,000 miles, as project car

FS is my alpine green 2000 XJ8 vanden plas with 84,000 miles that I was driving until recently. I have almost new tires (300 miles) and a new battery, so obviously I had no idea my tensioners were going out, but after the restricted mode was implemented and the codes of misfire repeated like they did, it has been recommended to me that it almost surely is the tensioners going bad and even if not, they need to be replaced anyway. So I was advised not to run the engine until the plastic tensioners were replaced. I, after debating my self for a while finally decided to sell the car as is to someone who would have it fixed or fix it themselves as those with good mechanical skill could follow the online instructions to complete the task. I am very sad to let the car go and hate to take a loss like this but, my health is not great and I no longer can do it my self, though I could have easily completed task with a little help when a bit younger and healthier. I bought the car 5 years ago and now only have 6,000 miles on it myself, so it has been an expensive venture for me but though the car is far from perfect. I never thought I'd own a beautiful green Jaguar. I would hope any prospective buyer would inspect this car and run any test they'd like to run. I'm asking $1200 firm. These prices seem to low to me but I'm told that is what the market says and I guess it is what it is. If it doesn't sell at that price, then after two months I'll lower it to $1000. Please check out the pictures and ask me any question you like. I have also been advised to tow the car for repairs, so I would pass that on to the purchaser and that should be factored into your plans. If you are not going to fix it yourself you might find someone here in Montgomery to repair it for your and then you drive it home. Will P

Old 06-28-2018, 09:51 AM

Two more pictures of the driver's seat!

Old 06-28-2018, 04:06 PM
Received 141 Likes on 113 Posts

I have a 1999 XJ8L that I purchased for my wife 14 years ago with 65,000 miles and now it has 112,000 miles and have not spent anything on it other than routine maintenance. It is the same color inside and out as yours. Last month I just spent the first major repair on her car of $5,000.00 plus, all new hoses, motor mounts, intake manifold, repaired fuel tank vent system. She does not want another car. I would look into having the engine repaired and keep it for another 5 years or more. If I had yours that is what I would do. The X308 body style is the last best model in my mind and for sure it is my wife's mind as well. I would love to find a 2002 or 2003 VDP such as yours. I am going to see what it would cost to go through your engine and I may call you up on sending it to Lawrenceville GA..

The following users liked this post:
Will P (06-29-2018)
Old 06-28-2018, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by RonaldP
I have a 1999 XJ8L that I purchased for my wife 14 years ago with 65,000 miles and now it has 112,000 miles and have not spent anything on it other than routine maintenance. It is the same color inside and out as yours. Last month I just spent the first major repair on her car of $5,000.00 plus, all new hoses, motor mounts, intake manifold, repaired fuel tank vent system. She does not want another car. I would look into having the engine repaired and keep it for another 5 years or more. If I had yours that is what I would do. The X308 body style is the last best model in my mind and for sure it is my wife's mind as well. I would love to find a 2002 or 2003 VDP such as yours. I am going to see what it would cost to go through your engine and I may call you up on sending it to Lawrenceville GA..
Ronald, you certainly have two really nice cars. I have beat my brain to death thinking and rethinking this situation. My car is not in bad shape and it is hard for me to let it go.. I don't drive much at all being retired and single with no family. I have other vehicles and would like to find someone who really wants the car and has given it their in-person approval. Be sure to read my last two post about my troubleshooting and tensioners. This will give you insight into this car. Thanks, Will