PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthWest]: 2001 XJR - 65K Miles: Tensioners, Tires- good to Go

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2001 XJR - 65K Miles: Tensioners, Tires- good to Go

Putting out feelers, I suppose- our priorities have changed and working from home I just don't drive the Jag enough to keep it as a third car. It seems happiest when it's being excercised and is in good solid shape with all of the annoyances (lazy door handle, clicking antenna) and dangers (chain tensioners) addressed.

A Texas/CA/NM car is in excellent overall condition for its age, with only minor cosmetic blemishes to the paint and bumpers, and a couple of minor door dings (the worst is pictured). The interior shows some wear (mainly dry leather on the driver's seat), has a few minor squeaks, and some varnish cracking on the real wood veneers- but remains a great place to spend time.

Other minor repairs have been performed by dealers here and in Pasadena and the only open issues are a piece of missing chrome trim on the driver's window and a pair of engine mounts that have lost their fluid filling (but are otherwise intact and performing normally). Four-star speed-rated all-season Dunlops roughly 100 miles on them. Aftermarket equipment includes a hard-wired Bluetooth adapter for the Alpine stereo, receiver hitch for a bicycle rack (no towing), and an Albuquerque-legal professionally-installed 3M window tint.

I'm not going to pretend that the car is perfect- there's a slight ticking on startup when it's been sitting or particularly cold which goes away once warmed up (the dealer doesn't seem concerned despite two are you sure? visits) and up close the paint and interior have blemishes that'll keep it off the golf course. But given the opportunity I'd have no problem hopping in for a ten-hour day.

Chrome trim missing from driver's door.

A handful of chips but nothing that really photographed

Caught a Road Gator on the freeway

Slight clearcoat discoloration on bumper

Paint blem on mirror

One decent ding above rub strip at front end of passenger door

Paint damage near fuel filler. Covered by helicopter tape to prevent additional chipping

Chip

Another chip

Yes, yes it is.

Last edited by chevre; 02-14-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:47 PM

Let's go inside:

The sunroof takes its time but operates fine otherwise

Some creases and cracks but no splits or tears

Heated rear seats have seen virtually zero use.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:48 PM

Asking $8,995. Much less and it will be easy for my wife to convince me to keep her in the family.

Last edited by chevre; 02-14-2017 at 06:56 PM.