PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

[FS] 2003 XJR parts car

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 254 Posts
Default 2003 XJR parts car

About two months ago someone pulled in front of me and wrecked my beloved XJR. I bought another one (of course!) and have been using the wrecked one for parts. I pulled mainly suspension components, CD changer, throttle body and coils, lots of random small parts such as trim pieces. The car was very beautiful before the accident.

What's left that's valuable?
1) Engine/Supercharger/ECU - with 123,700 miles on them. Car ran excellent.
2) MB transmission - also worked great, shifted smooth and was/is full of new fluid.
3) Quiet and smooth differential assembly.
4) Lots of electrical modules, relays, sensors etc.
5) Very nice leather seats and door cards, all in excellent condition except for the drivers seat, which isn't bad but does show some wear.
6) All body panels except hood and one fender are in good shape.

There is a guy who claimed the wheels 6 weeks ago; presuming he hasn't changed his mind they are spoken for. If he has changed his mind I'll sell them separately. They are beautiful also.

I would like to get $1,500.00 U.S. for the whole car but will entertain offers. An engine/supercharger/ecu/transmission combo on Ebay would sell for more than $1,500.00 so I figure if you get the rest of the car also then it's a pretty good price.

Please feel free to ask questions. I am on here at least once per day.

I am in central North Carolina.

Attached Thumbnails 2003 XJR parts car-img_3525.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3526.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3527.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3528.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3529.jpg  

2003 XJR parts car-img_3530.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3531.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3533.jpg  
The following 2 users liked this post by harvest14:
BobRoy (05-11-2017), Don B (05-10-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 05:37 PM
Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I would love to buy the front armrest/cup holder from you if you still got them

Jacky

Old 05-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Veteran Member

FrozenApple,

I plan to go back out to the car on Thursday (it's on one of our Church's properties about 10 miles from my house). I will try to remove the armrest cup holder assembly for you. If you find one before hand go for it, but if you still haven't found one by the end of next week then maybe we can work something out.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jeff,

Wow, what a shame on this beautiful car. It's the color combo I would have wanted. I ended up with the same metallic black (anthracite?) on black.

I'm interested in some various spares for my new project. Are you willing to pull some easy parts off?

1) Wood trim if they aren't cracked and sun faded
2) Antenna mast if the chrome is good and the mast raises and lowers without issues
3) Plastic trim around the J gate
4) Rear seat vent
5) Battery vent tube
6) Hardware with speed nuts for the engine compartment plastic panels and the hardware for the intake tube
7) Upper lid for the air cleaner if yours is OK post accident
8) Battery positive terminal cable cover
9) J bolt for the spare tire
10) Door threshold for the driver's rear door. I'll take them all for the right price.

The parts would be shipping to 94043. I can send payment via PayPal. Thanks and good luck on the new car!

Old 05-15-2017, 09:47 PM
Veteran Member

Only the drivers door wood trim is cracked, the rest is nice.

Antenna mast looks and works good.

J gate plastic is cracked. It's a small crack but it's not perfect. If you buy anything I'll throw it in for free, maybe you can cosmetically cover the hairline crack somehow.

Used the battery vent tube in my current car.

Door thresholds are all nice.

I'll have to check on the rest when I'm at the car on Thursday.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by harvest14
FrozenApple,

I plan to go back out to the car on Thursday (it's on one of our Church's properties about 10 miles from my house). I will try to remove the armrest cup holder assembly for you. If you find one before hand go for it, but if you still haven't found one by the end of next week then maybe we can work something out.
please let me know

Old 05-15-2017, 11:23 PM

Only the drivers door wood trim is cracked, the rest is nice.

Antenna mast looks and works good.

J gate plastic is cracked. It's a small crack but it's not perfect. If you buy anything I'll throw it in for free, maybe you can cosmetically cover the hairline crack somehow.

Used the battery vent tube in my current car.

Door thresholds are all nice.

I'll have to check on the rest when I'm at the car on Thursday.
I should clarify I am looking for the vent tube from the body. I'm missing that plus the battery tube. Damn these idiot mechanics.

Also, I'm looking for the insert inside the center console. It looks like there are slots for cassettes and it's covered in a peach fuzz texture.

Thanks for checking.

Last edited by nd4spdlsc; 05-15-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:52 PM
Veteran Member

It seems so hard to find the time to do things! I did get out to the parts car today, but I only had a short time so I didn't even take tools with me. What I DID do was print out a list of everything you guys asked for and gave it to my friend (the pastor who runs the property) and asked if he would pull those parts for me. He said he'd be happy to; he likes working on cars.

I inspected the wood panels thoroughly and all have good color and only two have any cracks. The drivers door wood has a couple of cracks right at the point someone would push on it to open the door. Not terrible, but cracked. The drivers side rear door has a single hairline crack also. I didn't notice it, but my wife did and brought it to my attention. I never knew it was there! All other wood pieces are crack free.

When my friend gets everything set aside I will pick them up, clean them up and take some pictures. If you still want them I'll figure out a fair price and get them shipped.

Sorry I don't have more time to work on this. I've noticed though that if I don't go to work, no one pays me! lol

Edit: A guy is coming from S.C. to look at the car, supposedly Saturday. The parts you asked for will be pulled by then, just in case he buys it. He is mostly interested in the engine.

Last edited by harvest14; 05-18-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:43 PM

It seems so hard to find the time to do things! I did get out to the parts car today, but I only had a short time so I didn't even take tools with me. What I DID do was print out a list of everything you guys asked for and gave it to my friend (the pastor who runs the property) and asked if he would pull those parts for me. He said he'd be happy to; he likes working on cars.

I inspected the wood panels thoroughly and all have good color and only two have any cracks. The drivers door wood has a couple of cracks right at the point someone would push on it to open the door. Not terrible, but cracked. The drivers side rear door has a single hairline crack also. I didn't notice it, but my wife did and brought it to my attention. I never knew it was there! All other wood pieces are crack free.

When my friend gets everything set aside I will pick them up, clean them up and take some pictures. If you still want them I'll figure out a fair price and get them shipped.

Sorry I don't have more time to work on this. I've noticed though that if I don't go to work, no one pays me! lol
No Worries! That last bit is particularly vexing.

I noticed a dent in my sunroof the other day of all places. I think it will be hard to remove with PDR. I'd be interested in picking up the sunroof panel also. My driver's door wood is also cracked but some louse tried prying on it to pull it off. It may be worth swapping out just to use as a core if I ever get them refinished.

Is the wood shift knob in good shape?

I wish I had the oatmeal interior. Your car was in great shape and I'd love to be able to use those seats. Damn shame.

Old 05-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Veteran Member
Default Fender and Bumper pics requested

Attn: Jagdude

I took a few pictures today of the rear bumper and front drivers side fender for you. It was overcast weather and the car is dirty, but hopefully this will help.

The fender looks in the pictures like it has scratches all over it! It does not, that is reflections of the sky and trees above, I guess. There is some glue residue on it from where they taped the hood shut after the accident.

Attached Thumbnails 2003 XJR parts car-img_3599.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3600.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3601.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3602.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3603.jpg  

2003 XJR parts car-img_3604.jpg   2003 XJR parts car-img_3605.jpg  
Old 05-24-2017, 02:42 PM
Veteran Member

nd4spdlsc and FrozenApple,

My pastor friend got the flu last week. All he managed to pull were the door cards which means I have the wood trim for all four doors. I will snap some pictures later. I may have time to go out there myself tomorrow and try to pull some items. Considering the limited time and access I have to the car I had hoped to just sell it as a whole, but if you guys are patient with me I don't mind pulling individual parts in the meantime; until someone buys the whole car.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:18 PM

nd4spdlsc and FrozenApple,

My pastor friend got the flu last week. All he managed to pull were the door cards which means I have the wood trim for all four doors. I will snap some pictures later. I may have time to go out there myself tomorrow and try to pull some items. Considering the limited time and access I have to the car I had hoped to just sell it as a whole, but if you guys are patient with me I don't mind pulling individual parts in the meantime; until someone buys the whole car.
I'm OK waiting for parts. I've got a long runway with this new project car. Looking at the photos, you car was so nice. It puts the one I'm working on to shame, even while it is being parted.

I also found a dent in the fuel filler door of all places. I'd like to add that to the list. I'm not sure what else I need but I am finally going to crawl under the car this weekend so I may find a few more items.

2) Antenna mast if the chrome is good and the mast raises and lowers without issues
4) Rear seat vent
5) Battery vent tube
6) Hardware with speed nuts for the engine compartment plastic panels and the hardware for the intake tube
10) Door threshold for the driver's rear door. I'll take them all for the right price.
11) Sunroof panel
12) Fuel door

Old 05-26-2017, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by nd4spdlsc
I'm OK waiting for parts. I've got a long runway with this new project car. Looking at the photos, you car was so nice. It puts the one I'm working on to shame, even while it is being parted.

I also found a dent in the fuel filler door of all places. I'd like to add that to the list. I'm not sure what else I need but I am finally going to crawl under the car this weekend so I may find a few more items.

4) Rear seat vent
5) Battery vent tube
11) Sunroof panel
12) Fuel door
any updates for cup holder?

Old 05-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 915 Likes on 560 Posts

Any interest in selling the SC itself?

Old 05-31-2017, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member

I plan to go back to the car tomorrow, hopefully I will have some parts updates soon.

80s rule,
What would a supercharger by itself even sell for? It worked good and had/has new fluid in it.

Based on the amount of free time I have, I would love for someone to just buy and pick-up the whole car. $1,200 cash sound fair??

Last edited by harvest14; 05-31-2017 at 09:58 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Transmission?

How do you feel about parting with the transmission? My beloved is a 1998, and of course vin numbers would have to work. I'm looking for a supercharged, my start no is 812315 and end no is 85935 (last six numbers of vin).. Thanks

Old 06-11-2017, 06:46 AM
Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Did you sell the wheels? Thanks!

Old 06-11-2017, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Dan. Are you able to pull the Supercharger inlet manifold? (Bolts to the back of the SC) I have a custom setup for a project car that I'm working on and this piece is a little tricky to track down. I'm not in a rush but would SINCERELY appreciate your efforts.

Email is best. 97Punisher@gmail.com

Old 06-11-2017, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And got my names mixed up on who I replied to. Meant harvest14

Old 06-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

I have had almost no time, I feel bad for even starting this thread. I have done poorly at following up. I did manage to meet a fellow forum member at the car yesterday so he could buy a fender and a door, but I had to race right back to work.

Another member spoke for the wheels as soon as I started this thread. He has yet to come buy them but I think he still wants them.