PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Sold

[FS] 2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 06:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan

Hey all ...

I am offering a fully loaded, 2006 Jaguar XJ Portfolio sedan for sale out of Frederick, MD.

As most of you know, only 145 of these sedans were sold in the United States with about 70 of them in the color scheme mine is in. I am only the second owner of the car, having purchased it six years ago with 30,000 miles on the odometer. Its been my daily driver since then ... fortunately I only live about five blocks from my company ... so it now has a little over 71,000 miles on it.

Every option Jaguar had is in this car. Navigation, bluetooth phone, iPhone integration and even the optional Sirus/XM radio ... the lifetime subscription comes with the car so a new owner will not have to renew or pay for it. Heck it even has a full rear seat entertainment system and "follow me" cruise control that adjusts the speed to the car in front of you.

In order to install the factory satellite radio, the original ash tray cover comes out but I still have that in case someone really wants "original". Its been serviced the entire time I've owned it at the dealership I purchased it from in VA. I even purchased a second set of carpets for it when the dealership told me they were being discontinued so now I have a really worn winter set and a fairly nice summer set.

There is a minor nick in the wind shield and some curb rub on the rims but the body is in great shape. The interior is almost perfect with no cracks in the veneers or leather. I'm happy to provide further images and documentation to anyone that wants it.

I love this car. It was truly my "dream car" but its time to let it go. I am opening a second location and the round trip commute is going to be too much for it (and me with gasoline in that supercharged engine!). Kelly Blue Book is saying around $31,000 for trade in value ... a little more than for private party. And I'm willing to discuss any reasonable price. I own the car with a clean title.

Anyhow, I have an email you can contact for this car:

jaguar@therisers.net

You can also leave a message on my Google Voice number at: (443) 292-2364

I look forward to hearing from folks even if all you want to know is more info on the car. Its been a blast owning it over the years. It still makes me smile!

(I will upload more images of the interior shortly)

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_3267.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_3266.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-imag1061.jpg  

Last edited by csrmaithuna; 02-04-2015 at 08:11 AM. Reason: added phone number
The following 2 users liked this post by csrmaithuna:
anindyam (02-08-2015), magmedia (02-03-2015)
Old 02-08-2015, 12:58 PM
Received 95 Likes on 85 Posts

Beautiful car. Would love to see some pics of the interior.

Old 02-11-2015, 08:42 PM

Hey folks ...

I appreciate everyone reaching out. I was traveling until about right now so didn't get the interior shots up. Give me until tomorrow night to do so.

Couple more things: the car has been garaged and the car itself is outside of Washington DC in Maryland. Also, the Tyson's Corner, VA dealership has done 100% of all maintenance on the car.

Sorry again for the delay.

CharlesJR

Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 AM
Default Interior Shots

OK folks ...

Here are the interior shots ... taken this morning. The first is the odometer ... sorry for the lens flare ... tough with the sun coming through the window. The rest are pretty clean though.

The shot with the wires is just to show the factory iPhone hookup. The module is actually both the bluetooth connection AND the iPhone/iPod connection. It charges my iPhone 6plus with no problems. This module replaces the six disk changer connection. That unit is still in the trunk in case you want to return to it.

The navigation DVD is also located in the trunk/boot. I update it every two years when the new Navigon DVD system is released. It has the most current DVD in the system right now.

The rear seat entertainment system has the screen embedded in the seat backs. The controls are between the two rear seats. You can even plug an iPod into it to watch movies off it on the screens. The DVD player is in the trunk though, so anymore its just easier for my boys to watch their personal players.

Finally, those rear seats recline just a bit. The one on the passenger side has controls that move the passenger front seat forward if no one is in it for more leg room.

The car is awesome. Like I said before, it has just about ever feature "modern" cars do even though it was built in 2006. The flat finish on the wood trim is very striking. The interior color is a soft brown that compliments the exterior color perfectly.

As always, feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

CharlesJR

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1643.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1645.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1646.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1647.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1648.jpg  

2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1649.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1653.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1654.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1655.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1656.jpg  

Last edited by csrmaithuna; 02-13-2015 at 08:43 AM.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:14 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Pics

Can U download a few pics of the engine, trunk & front seats.
Car looks awesome.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by vmaxie
Can U download a few pics of the engine, trunk & front seats.
Car looks awesome.
Thanks.

And sure, I can put some images up of the front seats and engine.

Keep in mind that the engine itself is covered with a large plastic cover to make it look "clean" ... that is a factory installation. i will take some shots both with and without the cover on.

CharlesJR

Old 02-16-2015, 07:16 AM
Default Front seats and engine compartment

Hey folks ...

As requested, here are the shots of the front seats and engine compartment.

Again, very clean car. No tear in leather ... no unusual wear (in fact very little wear at all). Car is regularly detailed with the leather getting conditioned each time. Engine has been trouble free.

The car was built back when Ford still owned Jaguar. The 2006 XJ sedan actually topped JD Power's list of reliable cars back then.

Hopefully someone is interested. Like I said, I didn't want to continue to put milage on the car with a longer commute. I've purchased a new Tesla to replace this car. However I will just store this if no one is ultimately interested.

Thanks for the interest.

CharlesJR

Attached Thumbnails 2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1658.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1664.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1665.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1666.jpg   2006 Jaguar Portfolio Sedan-img_1661.jpg  

Old 02-17-2015, 05:10 PM

Beautiful car. If the interior was a beige/tan, I'd have pulled the trigger.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by anindyam
Beautiful car. If the interior was a beige/tan, I'd have pulled the trigger.
Thanks. I appreciate the comment.

Just like to point out though that the Portfolio model only came in "conker brown" with the flat, piano lacquer trim on the interior. It also only came in two exterior colors and about 145 brought into the US ... again just over 70 in this exterior color scheme.

CharlesJR

Old 02-18-2015, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by csrmaithuna
Thanks. I appreciate the comment.

Just like to point out though that the Portfolio model only came in "conker brown" with the flat, piano lacquer trim on the interior. It also only came in two exterior colors and about 145 brought into the US ... again just over 70 in this exterior color scheme.

CharlesJR
My apologies for not knowing that about the color schemes available. Good luck with the sale!

Old 03-18-2015, 12:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I knew these were expensive when new but I didn't realize they're worth more than 2x what a comparable Vanden Plas is worth. These must hold a record for the best residual value of any XJ. Very sharp looking car. Love the interior trim. Good luck with sale.