PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

FS: set of (5) 19" OEM chrome "Custom" style wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,252 Likes on 687 Posts
Default FS: set of (5) 19" OEM chrome "Custom" style wheels w/ Pirelli Sottozero winter tires

I have a set of (5) 19" chrome "Custom" style wheels from my 05 XJ for sale in the classified. Complete with good Pirelli Sottozero winter tires. There are detailed pics in my profile.

The "Custom" is a factory 19" wheel style for the XJ. Jag named it that for some stupid reason. They are 5 spoke rims that look just like the S-Type 's Zeus but are 19 instead of 18. The ones I have are the chrome version but they also make them in silver paint. These are the standard wheel for the flagship Super V8 XJ model.

The tires on them are Pirelli SottoZero 255/40/19 which are a tread specially designed for winter conditions that I do not have here in florida. These wheels and tires were on the car when I bought it last Feb. Car came from Boston area. I had a spare set of Jaguar BBS Monaco style wheels (came off my S-Type) and tires that I put on the car rather than buy new summer tires for the Custom wheels.

So now I have this nice set of factory 19" wheels and tires sitting in my garage that need a home. I am asking only $1350 for the whole set of 5 which I think is a steal for wheels with tires already mounted and filled with nitrogen. Shipping is not included.

Let me know if you have an interest. Thanks -david

Below are a few questions and answers that have already been asked about the wheels.

1. On the pics it's numbered best to worse. Do you have close ups of what marks are on the wheels? Do they have scratches or curb rash and if so I'll need to see pics of the rash.

The wheels were on the 05 XJ that I bought. They are not perfect but still look very good. I have hi-res pics that I can send you that will help you to see the blemishes that are on them. The best wheel is near perfect since it was the spare rim and did not get much road time. The other 3 do have a minor scuff or two on the edge but the spokes are in good shape with no significant scratches. The car was a Certified Select car from a Jag dealer so the wheels passed that inspection for quality. Pics of them on my XJ are in my profile too. Give me an email address and I will send you the better pics.

2. Why are there five of them but there are only pics of four?

The worst one is in the trunk of my XJ right now. It has a scuff about 4 inches along the edge and the tire shop told me it is slightly bent. It balanced okay but needed a lot more weight to do so. It works great for a spare. I do not remember if a full size spare will fit in the S-Type trunk. If you don't want or need the 5th one I would not be opposed to selling just four. The other four came right off the car as you see them in the pics.

3. I'm not sure if they will fit and not rub on my S-Type. Do you have any sort of guide to ensure they will fit?

When I swapped these wheels out for the BBS ones, I compared them and the offset is pretty much the same. The width of these tires is 10.03" and the width of the tires that were on the BBS rims was 9.64. The BBS ones from my S-Type mounted on the XJ without issue. I do not see any reason why the XJ wheels will not fit on an S-Type. The Type "R" S-Type typically has wider wheels and tires on the rear than the front. I think Jag allowed plenty of clearance for the wider tire options found on the "R".

The Rear Zeus style 18" wheel used on the S-Type R uses a tire (275/35/18) that is 10.82 wide.
The owner handbook also shows a 19" tire fitment (275/30/19) for the S-Type that is 10.82 wide. Not sure which wheel that is for though. See page 210 in the link below:
http://www.jaguarusa.com/assets/us/e...r_Handbook.pdf

Since the car is designed to allow up to 19" rims with 10.82 tire widths I think that the 10" widths on my tires would fit without any issue.

4. Do you have the lug nuts to go with the rims?

I do not have a spare set of lug nuts. If you have the original set on your S-Type then those are the right ones and will work fine. If you need a new set you can find them on e-bay for about 100 bucks a set. Look for the type with the washer on them.

5. Are they chrome from the dealer or were they sent off and chromed?

These are factory chrome original equipment wheels. I will include the center caps if you want them but they are a green background color.

Last edited by rothwell; 10-17-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member

bump

since winter is coming and the tires on these wheels are specifically made for colder climates.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:39 PM
Veteran Member

bump again

Old 12-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member

still got em

Old 12-17-2009, 08:09 AM
Veteran Member

These are sold now.