PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis

Old 09-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis

Hello folks,
Just wanted to share a great car buying experience from a fellow forum member androukalis (George)
First of all, I am soo glad to come across this forum before pulling a trigger on a local car purchase. I had been a jag fans from some times from an xj6, older xjr, and newer xjr now. I test drive an 04 s class but it was soul-less for me.
I also hate hate to go to a dealership for car purchase - the part where you sit down negotiating and spending two hours smelling tires. *And I knew what I wanted so test driving the car was not really needed for me.

The car was purchased approx almost three weeks ago. After logistics arrangement, the car was delivered to my driveway exactly one week after I made the payment. *Yes, I admit there are lots of risks and reservations of buying a car higher milleage car (80k) sights unseen. But given the price (have more cushion for repairs) , detailed descriptions and pics, and doing some searches of the seller's past conversations on the forum - I was prepared to take a calculated risk car buying transaction.

And I am glad I did not make any mistake!!!
After driving approximately 100+ miles since the car is indeed TRUE to its description. Absolutely NO squeaks, rattles, leaks of any kind, and drive straight and firm. *The car was also cosmetically perfect, considering the mileage, even without any detailing work. But Most importantly, NO paintwork !! My previous totaled xjr had a rear side accident at one time. Most people would never see the work since I did it at a jaguar dealership bodyshop. But for some reason, it always had vibrations during certain speed even with new tires, allignment, etc.... And yes, carfax had clear title for my car!

Last but not least, I highly recommend anyone *looking for a used jags to send George a private message. He has a sixth sense radar of locating us jags nationwide so I am sure he could locate one for u if none exist for sale in the forum. *Plus, he is highly knowledgable on these cars overall so you could always ask him *questions in the future , avoiding excessive services $$$ from dealers.*
Take care all and good luck to all future jags owners and sellers!!

The following 5 users liked this post by plateou:
androulakis (09-10-2012), JimC64 (09-11-2012), joycesjag (09-10-2012), Norri (09-10-2012), Safi (10-02-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi I have just been dealing with George and hopefully my 04 XJR will soon be on its way from Florida I will report back when I get to see the car and drive it. I can concour with all that Plateou says give George a call.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Hi, is it the one in grey? I think he mentioned on getting another xjr from Florida. If it has the sepang wheels, I am so jealous....
Hope u'll post some photos

Old 09-10-2012, 06:32 AM

No Sepangs, but the condition of the car with clear JAg inspection made up for this, i will swop the wheels out at some time, thinking about Corellia wheels the same as my wife's XK as I love those and they are half the price of Sepangs and I have not seen another XJR with them on.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by plateou
Hi, is it the one in grey? I think he mentioned on getting another xjr from Florida. If it has the sepang wheels, I am so jealous....
Thanks for the review!!!

No the one in grey might be my new toy.

This one is silver / black. All out of FL...

Take care,

George

Old 09-11-2012, 06:38 AM

Grey with Sepangs! Please say I could not of afforded that one!

Old 09-11-2012, 08:27 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by plateou

Boys boys boys... LOL.

Yes I might be getting another XJR out of FL (besides Rob's).

Yes it's charcoal grey, it has aftermarket staggered 20's and is lowered. (How I'm not quite sure).

It has 112k on it, but it's not a car I would sell publically without going over it top to bottom because of the modifications.

What did you think I was just gonna supply everyone with XJRs and sit back and watch the party LOL...

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-45a09093-de7b-4320-bb1c-a739a4d519aa.jpg   Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-304699fb-85ad-411f-893b-efcb64c35182.jpg   Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-79811843-ae9b-4133-a9a3-12ccf57935af.jpg   Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-adca024f-a5ad-45fb-ad61-de78dec38ff8.jpg   Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-b5548e20-6c1e-4a43-bcf1-67eb643f3f33.jpg  

Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-bc9ba938-ea9e-4e43-beda-121dcdcf413d.jpg   Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-bd90cbf6-d3f9-4f0a-8037-05a7ebf4c6cc.jpg   Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-d1cc0711-7dce-4a61-acc1-f80ac110cfe6.jpg   Great car buying aftermath from fellow member: androukalis-d20d31b9-740f-48ff-b5e6-806004309545.jpg  
Old 09-11-2012, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,273 Likes on 2,810 Posts

George is definitely the way to go when you get serious about finding and pursuing your next high-end vehicle. He located and purchased my wife's 2006 XK8 ragtop (yet another Florida car) in late January 2012 and saved me at least five grand in the process. She is thrilled with her XK8, and I will engage George again in a heartbeat the next time I am looking for a high-end car (although I hope we're now set for many years to come with the three vehicles remaining in our stable)....

Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 AM
Received 2,183 Likes on 1,355 Posts

George, to lower you can LIE to the air susp cm when calibrating the heights on each corner

Old 09-11-2012, 11:34 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Brutal
George, to lower you can LIE to the air susp cm when calibrating the heights on each corner
Thanks Brutal,

We actually had a discussion on the x350 forum regarding this. And basically it seems you can either lower with WDS if you have it - I think Matt - h20Boy just did this with his super v8, or you can shim the ride height sensors to achieve the same affect.

I don't know if this car was done with the software or with washers.. LOL.

Take care,

George

Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  19.3 KB

As most of you know, forums can all too often be about all the negatives of the marque and the dealerships etc etc.

Its always nice & a refreshing change to see so many positive posts about who we all know here to be a good forum member.

Clearly George is both knowledgable and a good businessman too, taking great care in dealings with any customers.

Its with this attitude that many small / medium scale car dealers grow and usually mostly by word of mouth.

Kudos to you George.

The following users liked this post:
androulakis (09-11-2012)
Old 09-11-2012, 03:37 PM

When I first saw the picks George I thought ow no pimp my ride! But the more I look that's a bad *** car that could be fun!
Thanks for all the help on my Purchase again.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Robert Page
When I first saw the picks George I thought ow no pimp my ride! But the more I look that's a bad *** car that could be fun!
Thanks for all the help on my Purchase again.
Lol Rob, let me just say that I like my cars the way I like my women. Fast and modified ...

To me cars are almost like rolling works of art, and and expression of individuality. I've never left a car that I've kept stock... Just like you already know the wheels you want on your XJR.

Picture this... That car, (with whatever emblem above the r emblem removed), with a 3lb s/c pulley, and a mild exhaust done just to give people a bit more of an inkling as to what it has to offer.. It's almost like a british muscle car.

You want to laugh? When my xjr (now plateou's) front air shock failed, the car sat at the shop for about a week till I got the replacements from arnott and had time to get the car in the shop and do them. It was basically sitting much lower than this one. You would not believe the amount of people that came up and commented on how good it looked, or how sexy it was or if it was for sale....

You're welcome. I'm going to call you tomorrow - go over the details on that paperwork I emailed you today and let me know if everything is correct before I get it out to you.

Take care,

George

Old 09-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by androulakis
Boys boys boys... LOL.

Yes I might be getting another XJR out of FL (besides Rob's).

Yes it's charcoal grey, it has aftermarket staggered 20's and is lowered. (How I'm not quite sure).

It has 112k on it, but it's not a car I would sell publically without going over it top to bottom because of the modifications.

What did you think I was just gonna supply everyone with XJRs and sit back and watch the party LOL...

Take care,

George
I hope you got a great deal on that car from Autosports. I was ready to buy that car from them but passed on it for a deal they gave me for 10k flat they wanted 11k for it. That place has loads of great high end cars but marked up even with high milage on em. A customer of mine didnt like how it drove rough and didnt want to spend the money on fixing it up back to original, and there were some other issues with it. Over all its a decent Jag for the price, I say if you can get it for $9,500 its a good deal.
Cheers!

Last edited by jag79; 09-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jag79
I hope you got a great deal on that car from Autosports. That place has loads of great high end cars but marked up even with high milage on em. The XJR looks sweet by the way George. YOu and I should meet up one day down here in FL and head over to Mannheim Auction over in Ocoee.
Cheers!

Actually I haven't bought it yet. Two reasons. A) We're still arguing over price, and B) he wont let me take it to a jag dealer for a PPI.

Are you local, would you be able to get eyes and ears on it? Maybe take it for a ride?

Let me know,

Thanks,

George

The following users liked this post:
Safi (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 11:02 PM
Received 66 Likes on 49 Posts

Hey George can you send me a PM or email please, and thank you!