PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthEast]: Rather Pass My Great 2003 X308 to an enthusiast ; ) - $4500

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rather Pass My Great 2003 X308 to an enthusiast ; ) - $4500

$4500 on Southwest Florida Gulf

Cheers. Last year I spent $7,000 on this lovely just inherited XJ8 sporting heated front seats and rear parking sensors. Steve's Auto in Punta Gorda (works on many XJS's) found, tested and installed an engine with about 60,000 miles and so the chassis at 115,000 miles is fairly young again. Steve says this is the best interior he has seen on a Jaguar.

The car is pictured in my Jaguar Forums profile. Quartz paint and charcoal interior. I think this is a very good to excellent offering at 13 years old. Tiny paint scratches that don't really call the eye and one notable paint flaw: A dime sized ding on the right rear lower bumper near the parking sensor (jaguar quartz paint pen needed).

I'm a gentle defensive driver and this cat can move you from trouble adroitly. Car has no known serious flaws. Could use a look at the brakes in 2016 (heard rare squeaks), cartridge for trunk disc changer, look at driver rear lock (sometimes need to turn key twice), Jaguar key fobs if you like; I use driver and valet keys, look at cigar lighter which does not stay in to light.

I tried to paint the wheels myself and they I achieved the foil look I wanted; not visible in photos. They are ready for paint by the driver wanting original looks.

Good points are too many to write about. 8 thousand miles (about 66k engine miles then) on new engine over 12 months trouble free. In 2013 clear coat was added over the pewter look paint which hints teal gray in low light. Pleasant daily driver with plenty of tire left at a price that makes me want a Jaguar person to find it! (this because I remember the XJ6/12 and XJS/XJ-S days)

I'm thinking of driving my Euro R107 5speed 280SL this year instead. I'll miss it but know that an American XJR and or a RHD XJS shipped from England will be in my future. Good home wanted for this big Cat. I welcome messages through the forum. Cats never die.

I'm between Sarasota and Naples

Last edited by GGG; 12-17-2015 at 05:23 PM. Reason: edits as requested