PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[MidWest]: For Sale: 2003 Jaguar Super V8 (AKA VDP Supercharged) 1 of 788. $7500

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Sale: 2003 Jaguar Super V8 (AKA VDP Supercharged) 1 of 788. $7500

For Sale: 2003 Jaguar Super V8 (AKA VDP Supercharged) 1 of 788.
Back on the market at $7500.

The best car Jaguar ever made ("that's just like.. your opinion, man). I bought this off of a forum member back in March of 2015. It's a 2003, so it avoids many of the typical x308 issues such as nicasil liners and substandard secondary tensioners. I have replaced the spark plugs with NGK Iridium plugs and did the valve cover gaskets at the same time. Other than that, the car has run great for me as a daily driver. The only "modification", if you can call it that, was removing the rear resonators so I could know there is a v8 under there. It's not loud, mind, it still has 3 mufflers in front of the axle plus cats. You only notice it at WOT.

The car is currently being garaged in north-central Iowa, within a couple hours of MSP and DSM.

*117,412 well maintained miles.
*4.0L supercharged V8 runs strong, no issues. This is a 2003, so no nikasil lining and it has the upgraded tensioners!
*Back seats that adults with legs can use! There is SO much room back there.
*Leather is in good shape -- There is a bit of wear on the center armrest and the driver's door armrest.
*All the luxury appointments of a VDP plus the power and performance of an XJR including CATS adaptive suspension.

The bad:
*13 year old exterior. -- chrome film is peeling off of the grille surround, there are tiny rock chips on leading edges and a long scratch in the paint down the right-front fender (not through the primer). Also missing one hub cap/wheel cover.
*Tires are at about 40% left.
*This car was in a minor accident. It was struck just at the right rear wheel at an intersection. Repair required replacing the wheel, wheel hub, and rear bumper cover as well as minor dent repair and painting of the quarter-panel.

If I had some place to put it I wouldn't be selling this car, but she's currently garaged at my mother's house. PM me for details or to make an appointment.

SHINY!

Can see the grille surround peeling (very common with x308s)

Driver's seat. Leather is in good order.

Center console. Previous owner installed a Kenwood headunit

5 inches of extra leg-room compared to the XJR!

Engine is solid. No issues. Did plugs and valve cover gaskets at 110,000 miles.

Odometer: 117412<br/>Tachometer: Supercharged

Old 07-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clear title? does anything need fixing?