PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.

Selling my 1952 JAGUAR C-TYPE: RECREATION BY PROTEUS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling my 1952 JAGUAR C-TYPE: RECREATION BY PROTEUS

Hello everyone, my name is Tim, I'm new to the post. I have a high quality recreation of the legendary Jaguar C-Type built by the highly regarded Proteus. Fitted with a 4.2 liter engine, overdrive synchromesh transmission, and independent suspension all round, and disc brakes all round, it is mechanically sophisticated and runs and drives beautifully. I'm located in Pleasant Hill, California, USA. You can view images at the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/5130945...588296425/show

This particular car was constructed by the renowned Proteus in England on an E-Type chassis using Jaguar mechanicals. Proteus are highly regarded for the quality and accuracy of their cars, and this car is visually extremely difficult to distinguish from a genuine C-Type. The engine is a 4.2 liter unit with SU carburetors, and the rear suspension is an independent E-Type assembly with dual telescopic shock absorbers and inboard disc brakes. The car has disc brakes all round. The car was imported from England in 1998, and has had two California owners since then. I purchased the car in San Diego in August of 2003, and drove the car back some 400 miles to Northern California. During my ownership, the car has covered only four thousand miles.

Cosmetically, the car is in very nice condition. The body is very nice throughout, with good fit and operation of the panels. The paintwork was done to high standards and makes a strong overall impression, with few blemishes: just the occasional small scratch or chip. There is one crack in the bonnet where the hood louvers meet the hood. The body is high quality glass fiber throughout. The lighting is correct throughout, with covered Lucas headlamps, and proper braking, parking, and turn indicator lamps. The wheels are genuine Jaguar wire wheels, which wear Avon tires.

The interior is Spartan and evocative. The leather seats are comfortable, supportive, and in good shape, with a nice patina. The dashboard is simple and is punctuated by Smiths instruments sourced from a period Jaguar. All instruments work except for the speedometer. The steering wheel is a lovely Moto-Lita wood-rimmed 4-spoke affair. The engine compartment is tidy and presentable. It is not perfect, but presents very attractively and is clean throughout and is ideal for a driver. Thanks to the clamshell bonnet, accessibility is excellent.

The car drives very well. It starts easily, and with a single side exit muffler, makes the legendary and rather raucous Jaguar inline-6 growl. With a 4.2 liter engine, the car is quite tractable, while the all round independent suspension and synchromesh transmission make for a considerably more modern and capable driving experience than an original C-Type. The gearbox is equipped with overdrive, which functions properly. The four wheel disc brakes are also very effective, and the experience of driving this car is extremely evocative.

This is an extraordinary opportunity to acquire a car that captures the experience of a true legend at a small fraction of the price of an original. Even against an E-Type for similar money, this car is a stunning and extremely rare chance to acquire a very unique and evocative car with the widely understood mechanical components of less exotic Jaguars. Proteus’ quality is widely regarded to be among the best, yet only a handful of these cars have been imported to the United States.

Thanks for looking, my asking price is $75000 USD
I can be reached via my mobile at 415-305-6162 or email at: tlbayarea@gmail.com