PRIVATE For Sale / Trade or Buy Classifieds Want to Sell / Trade or buy for free? Then this is your section. NO COMMERCIAL posts. PLEASE COMPLETE THE PREFIX OPTION WHEN MAKING A POST FOR BEST RESULTS Please note: Any /all transactions are made entirely at members own risk, the forum cannot and will not be held responsible for any disputes arising.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS[SouthWest]: UK Southwest "parts car" XType 2002 (v6 petrol)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Southwest "parts car" XType 2002 (v6 petrol)

Suggested I post this here: 2002 v6 2Ltr petrol X Type is up for sale as a "parts car" I couldn't in good conscience sell it as anything else ( although it does have an MOT) it various ailments are:

No heating ( possible "blend flap actuator") which I have a replacement for

Rear brake caliphers siezed ( both), also hand break cable snapped

Central locking doesn't unlock passenger door, just clicks then re-locks constantly..... May be due to door being dented where the previous owner hit a post, although door opens fine

Finally, and this is the killer...... Car drives, car starts to judder ( best description is like running out of fuel) however change down, smooths out but you get no power ( like it's in limp mode) change back up everything's fine for a couple of minutes, or maybe 30 seconds ( no set pattern) then it goes again... I thought it was a fuel issue however it sits in idle just fine. It's done about 235k!!

It's currently at my work near Kemble, Wiltshire, I would suggest anyone buying it brings a trailer as driving it is a bit of a gamble. I do of course have a V5 for the vehicle.

Please PM me if you want to make an offer, it comes with 2 working keys ( although they are a little worn) it's a cloth interior ( not leather) no electric seats, pretty basic but clean if a little tired.

If you had the time and space to break it I'm sure you could get plenty of usable parts.

Photos available on request, I'd have to take them tomorrow and post tommorow evening if you require some let me know what exactly you would want pictures of.

I have no idea what the fault codes are, I have a friend with a reader so if I can catch up with him I'll try and get them, however I'd like it gone soonest as the works carpark is not massive, and my bosses while nice people...... You get the idea!

Old 01-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gone, sold to a guy I work with who is much more mechanically minded.

Will not be my last Jag!