Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   2002 S-Type (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/2002-s-type-197425/)

srdann 02-26-2018 12:40 PM

2002 S-Type

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 2002 S to sell. What's the interest likely to be. They don't seem much in demand. The color is a rare shade of green and is the highlight of the car. For the rest , its low milage, worn drivers seat, no dings, Pretty good shape. How much should I expect to get in California?

Jon89 02-26-2018 01:13 PM

As you already know, there is almost no demand for our S-Types unless a knowledgeable buyer is specifically looking for one. Even in great condition, you will be fortunate to get much more than a couple thousand dollars for it. Good luck....

JagV8 02-26-2018 01:33 PM

And post in the For Sale section :)

Looks like either BRG (British Racing Green) or JRG (Jaguar R G) - see label near door hinge for code HGD or HGZ.

joycesjag 02-26-2018 02:11 PM

That's a good looking 2002 with with a 2005 and up front bumper skin. That's the closest fake STR I believe I have seen.

NBCat 02-27-2018 08:34 AM

Is the vehicle fitted with the 4.2 litre or 3.0 litre engine?

What is the mileage?

Best guess is about 2,500$US to 4,500$US to an interested buyer.

+1 on listing in the Member Marketplace.

srdann 02-27-2018 11:23 AM

Fake?

Originally Posted by joycesjag (Post 1849103)
That's a good looking 2002 with with a 2005 and up front bumper skin. That's the closest fake STR I believe I have seen.

Judging by the number of your posts you must be the resident Know-it-all. Calling people fakes and all. But you may be right... The pic is a download and not my actual 2002. Much better pic than I could take. Mine, however, is the monochrome JRG version. Delivered that way from British Motors in San Francisco. As I stated, the paint is the highlight the car.

Mikey 02-27-2018 11:33 AM

You post a picture of someone elses car, don't give us even mileage of your own and don't answer questions like engine type. I don't think you're in position to point fingers of shame.

Jon89 02-27-2018 11:36 AM

You cannot blame Rick (or anyone else responding to your thread) for not knowing that you did not post a photo of your actual car. You stated that your car is a 2002 model. Here in the states, the STR was not introduced until the 2003 model year. Rick naturally assumed that your car had been badged to look like an STR, which made perfect sense....

joycesjag 02-27-2018 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by srdann (Post 1849044)
I have a 2002 S to sell. What's the interest likely to be. They don't seem much in demand. The color is a rare shade of green and is the highlight of the car. For the rest , its low milage, worn drivers seat, no dings, Pretty good shape. How much should I expect to get in California?

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...s-type-jag.jpg

Originally Posted by srdann (Post 1849626)
Judging by the number of your posts you must be the resident Know-it-all. Calling people fakes and all. But you may be right....

Thanks fella's for surmising my post #4. I do have my big boy suit on. And thank you OP to adding to "my know-it-all" post count, but I really don't believe you would know or understand this fact.

Originally Posted by srdann (Post 1849626)
The pic is a download and not my actual 2002. Much better pic than I could take. Mine, however, is the monochrome JRG version. Delivered that way from British Motors in San Francisco. As I stated, the paint is the highlight the car.

You come here asking what your $1,300.00, 2002 Jaguar is worth. BTW, being a know-it all-that's about what its worth. You post a picture of a 2005 MY or newer, perhaps in trying to persuade the non-know-it-alls to give you a higher dollar value. The vehicle you described is worth $, the one pictured is worth $$$.

Why don't you get a "Much better pic" than ripping one from the net. Post exterior, interior engine compartment and what's in it.

BTW, "I am right"

Warspite 02-28-2018 09:27 PM

Check Craigslist to get a range for what others are trying to get for theirs.
If all of the maintenance to address the multiple Achilles Heels for these 1st generation S Types was not performed, (scroll through the multiple threads here, and you'll get the idea) don't be surprised about some very low $ offers. And that's even for ones with mint bodies.