Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   Alpine CD Changer Fonzie Fix (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/alpine-cd-changer-fonzie-fix-83703/)

sprdav33 10-29-2012 02:20 PM

Alpine CD Changer Fonzie Fix

My Alpine CD changer recently acted up with a disc error on the radio display and the magazine stuck in the player. After doing some research on the web I thought of trying the Fonzie fix before removing and disassembling it. I opened up the CD changer door and gave the magazine a good wack with the handle of my screwdriver. After the tap I was able to eject the magazine and I put it back in and the CD changer has been working since. Just wanted to pass this along to help any of you out. :icon_stooge:

emaraszek 10-29-2012 02:25 PM

Nice! I love it when something like that fixes a problem.

I did the same thing to one of the sensors on my garage door opener a couple weeks ago. One was acting up and flickering, so I whacked it on the side and it's been working ever since!

ez53436 10-31-2012 12:32 AM

sprdav33, i don't know how to thank you enough. i've been stuck with a broken cd changer in my X-Type for years and haven't gotten around to fixing it/replacing it. i have put it in the X-Type section on here multiple times and no one had a real answer. i'd say i'm an audiophile too, and playing my music through a cassette adapter that runs to my iphone was pretty good quality (it was a Monster adapter), it doesn't match CD quality.

I used your technique and the magazine plopped out with CDs inside that looked yellowed and damaged from heat, I'm now playing new ones I just burnt and it's working perfectly.

Thank you so much for posting this, you've definitely made my day!

joycesjag 10-31-2012 05:29 AM

AAAyyyeee!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

JimC64 10-31-2012 06:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 159327

Thanks for sharing sprdav33..........looks like its helped at least one member so its all good.

What I, what we need to know though is........

Is it necessary to have your collar up and or the hair greased back in a DA style for this procedure to work :icon_smile:

sprdav33 10-31-2012 10:18 AM

Heyyyy....

JimC64 10-31-2012 10:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 159325

:icon_clapclap::icon_clapclap:

larrymelton 11-05-2012 10:38 AM

I used to repair consumer electronics for a living. Most of the time problems like that were either load motor or load belt or a weak laser.

Staatsof 11-28-2012 04:13 PM

Score another one for the whack it method. After more than a month I got mine freed up tonight.

One whack and the eject just flashed the light.

A second whack same thing.

But on the third one I whacked it while the eject light was blinking and out it came hurrah.

I think I'll just retire the changer and use my MP3 player and the in dash player from now on.

sprdav33 11-28-2012 10:38 PM

My CD changer is still working after the wack and I use it alot because I don't have an ACM.

Mark Wright 02-05-2013 03:26 PM

Score another Fonzie Fix!

Yep, after much frustration and internet searching I found and tried the Fonzie fix on my Land Rover. One whack was all it took.

Staatsof 02-06-2013 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Wright (Post 670520)
Yep, after much frustration and internet searching I found and tried the Fonzie fix on my Land Rover. One whack was all it took.

Yah does have to slap 'em around a bit every so often ...

Scotlad 10-16-2022 12:02 PM

An old post but this worked for me today. I know this is older technology but I like my stuff to work and it still sounds good.

cats4.2 12-08-2022 07:30 PM

Thank you for the Fonzie fix! Just what I needed to remove the stuck magazine.