Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   Bluetooth microphone issue (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/bluetooth-microphone-issue-207936/)

RobbyHughes 09-11-2018 08:41 AM

Bluetooth microphone issue

Hi all I’ve been looking through the threads but can’t seem to find a solution to my issue, I recently retrofitted Bluetooth to my car which already has the sat nav head unit fitted, I bough the address book module for the boot which is linked in and the btum module for under the centre console, my iPhone X pairs fine and the address book has synched, I purchased a second hand microphone that plugs into the upper dome light, the issue is when I make a call I can hear them perfectly but they can’t hear me, so I thought maybe the microphone was faulty as was second hand so bought a brand new one c2c29785sel, fitted it today and same problem? What have I missed? The phone option is tagged in the hidden menu, I noticed when I removed my headlining for refurbishment that there is a microphone socket In The drivers side a pillar, am I meant to have one in there too? Any help would be appreciated

wydopnthrtl 09-12-2018 06:48 AM

I've installed about 4 aftermarket radios w/BT in the last several yrs. There are several things I'd check.

1. Is the mic turned on in the HU settings?
2. Check that the mic works w/a different radio.

Some HU have a self tuning setup where you plug the mic into the aux port on the front face and then tape the mic itself to the headrest. Maybe your mic input is toggled to the aux port instead of the port on the back of the headunit?
I'm guessing there is only one mic port on the backside of the HU? Maybe there is a 2nd AUX and a MIC and you've got it plugged into the wrong one?

- Once you get it working, these aftermarket mics are fairly crappy at off center pick up, Once hooked up make sure to aim it at the drivers mouth position.
- Routing: You shouldn't have a problem but try to route it away from powered wires. This will help to reduce noise getting onto the wire / signal going to the HU.

RobbyHughes 09-12-2018 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by RobbyHughes (Post 1960514)
Hi all I’ve been looking through the threads but can’t seem to find a solution to my issue, I recently retrofitted Bluetooth to my car which already has the sat nav head unit fitted, I bough the address book module for the boot which is linked in and the btum module for under the centre console, my iPhone X pairs fine and the address book has synched, I purchased a second hand microphone that plugs into the upper dome light, the issue is when I make a call I can hear them perfectly but they can’t hear me, so I thought maybe the microphone was faulty as was second hand so bought a brand new one c2c29785sel, fitted it today and same problem? What have I missed? The phone option is tagged in the hidden menu, I noticed when I removed my headlining for refurbishment that there is a microphone socket In The drivers side a pillar, am I meant to have one in there too? Any help would be appreciated

thanks for your response but it’s a genuine jaguar microphone, the head unit doesn’t have an aux input, it’s all linked in through the d2b network so I’m led to believe, the phone is enabled in the hu so I’m at a loss, from looking around it appears I’m not the only one to have this issue :(

wydopnthrtl 09-12-2018 06:56 AM

Oh got you. Sorry.. that's out of my wheelhouse

M-e-l-l-o-w 09-12-2018 09:46 AM

Have you fitted the shorting loop into the voice unit connector in the boot?

If it is any help here is a link to the bluetooth kit fitting instructions. The shorting loop connector is item No30 on page 17 and needs to be done on all cars that do not have the voice unit:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/a...ne_install.pdf

RobbyHughes 10-15-2018 05:37 AM

Just a quick update for anyone else experiencing this issue I purchased a Voice activation control module VACM 2R8F-14B292-BD from fleabay added into the boot now microphone working fine I also am able to speak to the car and ask it to change radio station etc, so to retrofit the telephone kit, you will need the
Bluetooth module 3w83-14b409-ac
voice activation control module 2r8f-14b292-bd
microphone for overhead console c2c29785LFJ
motorola Bluetooth telephone module 2w93-19k350-ad

and enough d2b cables in the boot, I had to disconnect my satnav module and multi cd to have enough but as I fitted the jagdroid system to my head unit it was no big deal as still have sat nav capabilities. Check out https://jaguar.willcoxonline.com/ expensive but gives so much more capability to the car now including streaming music from phone, Spotify, Tomtom etc

i hope someone finds this useful as not much info on the web for this issue

M-e-l-l-o-w 10-17-2018 09:07 AM

As I mentioned you do not need the voice module to use the bluetooth phone. You only need the connector jumper in the plug where the voice unit goes.
You will find that the voice control unit will only work with the modules that were factory fitted in the car it came from.
To make it work on all the modules that were fitted later you will need to use the Jaguar SDD software to make the voice unit re-learn what is on the system.
For example if you fit the CD changer the CD changer voice controls will not work, unless the car the voice module came from had a cd changer.
The same goes for the bluetooth, if you want voice commands for the Bluetooth module you will have to make the voice unit re-learn what is on the system.

The voice unit will also work as standard with the climate control as well as the radio, just say 'temperature 21' and you will get 21 degrees. There are other cool functions like 'display off' that turns the screen off and with the radio you can give individual stations a name in your own voice, 'Capital' for example, then just say 'tune Capital' and it will do it.
There is even a function to get the unit better tuned to your own voice.

I thought it was a bit of a gimick but as time has gone on I find i use the voice commands more and more when alone in the car, it is just so much easier than reaching down for the controls! It is not so easy with several others in the car as they tend to talk at the same time.

Mellow

RobbyHughes 10-17-2018 09:42 AM

Fortunately for me I just plugged all the units in and they just worked, no reprogramming needed, maybe because the wiring loom was already in the car, still getting to grips with the voice command ��

scottjh9 10-17-2018 03:27 PM

I also fitted voice command to my car. All it needed was a 75 dollar module off ebay and a 20 dollar fiber optic splitter. I did the voice training 4 times and it works great. Like you i am still learning the proper commands but really like what it does.

RobbyHughes 10-17-2018 04:06 PM

How do you start the voice training? Mine is working well so far