S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bring your OEM Alpine speakers to life (if your car is so equiped)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Bring your OEM Alpine speakers to life (if your car is so equiped)

I am waiting for two more things before I show you guys my STR with pics and list of everyting I have done to it since I bought it a month ago. But I just wanted to say, yesterday I got a new head unit (Pioneer AppRadio - best thing that ever happened to a car since the advent of the iPhone) and a 1,000 w. amp. I am getting ready for a subwoofer, but the shop did not have the one I want so its on my to do list. I did retain the factory door speakers once I found out they were Alpine to try them to see if I like them or need to replace them.

These Alpine speakers on the cars equiped with them (was it an optional upgrade?) are extremely well built and with the amp running much more power to them, they sound great! I play my music loud, and I can only turn it up a little under half way before it gets too loud for me. On top of that, they sound clear.

I do not think you need such a big amp (remember I bought my big one because I am going to add additional speakers) but go ahead and get yourself an amp and you will have tremendous sound in your car. These factory Alpine speakers come to life with an amp! Night and day!

Old 11-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 202 Posts

You don't have the Nav touch screen unit as stock equipment right?

Originally Posted by Under Pressure
I am waiting for two more things before I show you guys my STR with pics and list of everyting I have done to it since I bought it a month ago. But I just wanted to say, yesterday I got a new head unit (Pioneer AppRadio - best thing that ever happened to a car since the advent of the iPhone) and a 1,000 w. amp. I am getting ready for a subwoofer, but the shop did not have the one I want so its on my to do list. I did retain the factory door speakers once I found out they were Alpine to try them to see if I like them or need to replace them.

These Alpine speakers on the cars equiped with them (was it an optional upgrade?) are extremely well built and with the amp running much more power to them, they sound great! I play my music loud, and I can only turn it up a little under half way before it gets too loud for me. On top of that, they sound clear.

I do not think you need such a big amp (remember I bought my big one because I am going to add additional speakers) but go ahead and get yourself an amp and you will have tremendous sound in your car. These factory Alpine speakers come to life with an amp! Night and day!

Old 11-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Staatsof
You don't have the Nav touch screen unit as stock equipment right?
My stock head unit prior to being yanked out and replaced with an aftermarket head unit was not the nav touchscreen.

The following users liked this post:
Staatsof (11-11-2011)
Old 11-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Laurie's has the stock Alpine Premium system (an $1800 option BTW) I can't imagine anything louder. It put's the "Blows" system in the Vette to shame.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I need to replace my factory speakers!! I don't have the Alpine system and my sound system needs help!

Old 11-11-2011, 05:18 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

I changed out the speakers in my front doors with JBL's Amazon.com: JBL GTO628 6.5-Inch 2-Way Loudspeaker: Car Electronics

I also disconnected the subwoofers in the shelf and put a Bazooka Tube in

BAZOOKA Mobile Audio - BTA10250D - BT Series 10 inch 250 watt Class D Amplified Tube

I retained my Premium head unit with the navigation and.... I control my subwoofer directly from the sound console built into the premium sound. Everyone who's listened to it has been astonished. It's outstanding. I can't imagine having anything more in this vehicle. Bass is crisp, Highs are superior and midrange with voice is fabulous. (My trunk and licence plate doesn't vibrate either when I crank the system.

To each's own, treat your vehicle as you like. I think you could have saved yourself a ton of Moolah though...

Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would you replace the back door speakers with the same as the front? I don't have the alpine system in mine.

Old 11-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cue244
Would you replace the back door speakers with the same as the front? I don't have the alpine system in mine.
I didn't replace mine though many people in other threads of conversation spend the money and changed theirs out with JL's. The system all in all including the factory speakers (minus the subs... they just were not very good), is very very good, more than enough power and the sound was very clean. I just wanted to get my hi's up a little more so the front door speakers I purchased afforded me exactly that.

Sound is about balance and the rear speakers serve their purpose just dandy. I personally do not know if there is a difference in the speakers that come with the premium system -vs- those that come with the other.