Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   Check engine and Restricted Manuevering with amber and red light (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/check-engine-restricted-manuevering-amber-red-light-3728/)

SunnyType 01-07-2008 12:37 AM

Check engine and Restricted Manuevering with amber and red light

OK i just got this car and drove it fore 3 days before this happend, so i got it home and it wouldnt drive faster than 70mph, now i turned the engine on the same evening and the amber lights are gone but the check engine is still there, i went to autozone and picked up a vehicle code reader and recieved the following codes:

p1658 - Manufacturer control, aux. inputs, aux. outputs
and
p1111 - manufacturer control, fuel air metering

Do i need to bring the car to a mechanic :-( , or is this something easy i can fix.... Also the code reader says erase codes, should i do that?

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.

SunnyType 01-07-2008 12:38 AM

RE: Check engine and Restricted Manuevering with amber and red light

PS>>> I have no clue what the codes mean

jag_genius 01-07-2008 05:27 PM

year of car??? V8 or V6??

SunnyType 01-07-2008 08:10 PM

2003 s-type v6 3.0 (it's the regular one i believe)

jag_genius 01-08-2008 05:57 PM

it's a throttle relay on failure... so possible relay failure or Ecm to relay wiring problem

SunnyType 01-08-2008 06:55 PM

Jag_genius

For some reason all the lights and check engine icon went away(thank god but still worried, dont want this to happen if i go on a long drive).

Which code was the throttle relay on failure(and what does that mean exactly?) and what does the other code mean?What can i do to make sure this doesnt happen again? should i change the throttle relay switch, where is it located? ECM wiring would be harder to do cause i'll have to trace out the whole wiring from the computer to the throttle(accellorator pedal) correct?

FYI: Sorry if i seem a little off on what i wrote above, i'm not a mechanic but can usually figure things out if i know whats going on

Thanks for helping and working with me on this :-)

PS>>> If you need any help with a computer definelty let me know, that's my field :-)

jag_genius 01-09-2008 06:14 PM

p1111 is just a normal code... readiness code...
p1658 is the throttle relay on failure...
if it's a intermittent problem.. then i wud start with replacing the throttle relay.. .. it's electromechanical on switch that delivers power to the throttle body .