Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   Dealer service department won't call back (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/dealer-service-department-wont-call-back-206382/)

beetleman 08-10-2018 10:07 AM

Dealer service department won't call back

Hello,

I own a 2001 S-Type with 91,000 miles on it and live in the NYC metro area. I've been going a local Jaguar dealer for over 3 years for service. My most recent service was in March for an oil change, fuel injection cleaning, and new tires. My A/C is not working so I've tried to schedule service online twice and called 2 days ago. When I called, I left a voice message on my service advisor's voicemail. For some reason, he will not call me back. Has anyone ever experience this? I have never complained about the cost of service and alway pay on time.

Thanks! Beetleman

Jon89 08-10-2018 10:09 AM

Find a good local A/C shop and take your car there. Why pay a dealership exorbitant rates for A/C repair when a specialized A/C shop will be better, faster, and more economical....

Doug 08-10-2018 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by beetleman (Post 1944318)
Hello,

I own a 2001 S-Type with 91,000 miles on it and live in the NYC metro area. I've been going a local Jaguar dealer for over 3 years for service. My most recent service was in March for an oil change, fuel injection cleaning, and new tires. My A/C is not working so I've tried to schedule service online twice and called 2 days ago. When I called, I left a voice message on my service advisor's voicemail. For some reason, he will not call me back. Has anyone ever experience this? I have never complained about the cost of service and alway pay on time.

Thanks! Beetleman

Sure, I've experienced it. No call back is very bad in any customer-service industry. Or any industry, really.

Poor training? Understaffed? Shop already has too much work? Who knows. But not calling back is always bad no matter how you slice it

Cheers
DD

JagV8 08-10-2018 10:45 AM

What Jon89 said.

It's a normal a/c that any a/c shop can handle - efficiently and cheaply.

(Unless it's a failed DCCV but then the dealer may be useless anyway - read up on here if it turns out not just an a/c issue. You'll be out not much money to find out.)

motorcarman 08-10-2018 11:26 AM

Likely the reason is that the car is so old that nobody there wants to work on it. When I worked at the dealer, the service writer would ask me and the other older/experienced mechanic if we wanted to work on a 15 or 20 year old car (XJ6 or XJ-S) before scheduling it in.

Depending on what was wrong we sometimes told the customer that there were 2 or 3 other shops in the area that worked on the older Jags and they would be a more cost effective solution.

The younger mechanics in the shop would have been useless because they had no training or experience with the old cars.

Just a guess??

bob

Ron Gillespie 08-10-2018 11:51 AM

Have you tried calling the main line? Someone there will pick up and help you out. It’s holiday season, maybe the advisor is away and forgot to forward his voice mail. If you’ve always had good service there, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. Call the main line, that should get you the info as to what is going on.

S-Type Owner 08-10-2018 12:34 PM

Unfortunately, the dealer does not really want to see an S-type, or any other older Jaguar. I had a dealer refuse to do an transmission adaptations reset/drive cycle as my car was "too old".

Find a good independent workshop and you will be much better served, IMHO.

JR

NBCat 08-10-2018 12:39 PM

Or the Service Advisor/Consultant doesn't work there anymore...

kr98664 08-10-2018 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by beetleman (Post 1944318)
My A/C is not working so I've tried to schedule service online twice

Can't help with why the dealer won't return your call, but I can help with your A/C.

Read through the following guide and follow the appropriate steps:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...ol-how-185002/

You can do almost all of the troubleshooting in that guide with just some inexpensive thermometers. Even if you don't make the repairs yourself, you can isolate the root cause of the fault so you'll know what actually needs repair.