S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) 1999 - 2008 2001 - 2009
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sort of Off Topic...But I'm here most...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Veteran member
Received 194 Likes on 170 Posts
Default Sort of Off Topic...But I'm here most...

Well, I'm not a Jaguar driver anymore..At least for now...

I traded the S Type in Monday evening for a 2007 Chrysler 300C...

It is Cool Vanilla (a sightly off white)

Looks just like this:

It has the gray and black interior. 32k miles. It has all the goodies except Bluetooth and Navigation.. More tricks than my S Type had..

As some of you may know, I've been looking at getting rid of it due to space issues with the family. I will also admit that service costs were scaring me with the Select Edition warranty due to expire at the end of June this year..

That said, I miss some things about it already.. I've said it before and I'll say it again... The S Type platform has to be one of the best engineered cars out there. It's ride and handling balance was great. The Chrysler rides good with it's Mercedes E-Class components, but it just doesn't feel as composed and confident as the S.
The other thing is the interior.. That is well known on the LX Cars.. You can really see where Chrysler saved money.. It's not that it is poorly put together, it just uses the same cheap plastic stuff that is in a Caravan... Definitely not worthy of a car that retailed for around 40k new..

That said, the V8 in the Chrysler is sweet.. 340+hp is nice! Also makes that "muscle car" rumble when you start it.. And a sweet growl when you boot it...

Also, no more Premium Gas! Much cheaper parts!

Yea! can't wait to get my 24" rims, chrome port holes, and can't forget my lambo doors and Bentley grill!

Just kidding... Just like my Jag, it will remain mostly stock...

Probably look at a new exhaust when time comes to replace... Maybe a set of OEM SRT-8 wheels, or the "S" line's... Then winter tires on the stock wheels..

I plan to stay on here, as long as you folks let me....

Old 02-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,483 Likes on 3,901 Posts

It must be a personal thing but to me it's one of the ugliest cars ever. I hope it's reliable for you.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 9,005 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Name:  car01.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  19.3 KB

Hey Jeff, congrats on the new car

You are one of the long time members / posters here Jeff and I'm sure there'll soon be more than a few posts behind me when I say, I really do hope you keep visiting us here and posting your pearls of wisdom.

Car choice is a very personal thing, it not for me Jeff, but I understand and respect your choices and really hope that all goes well for you.

Please remember to post up some pics of your new baby into the other rides section and show her off some too

All the best Jeff and hope to see you around the place as often.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Congrats Jeff!

Personally I like those cars, basically a Mercedes w210 chassis E class with an American body on it... Just don't get into "urbanizing" it LOL.

Now what did you "steal" from the car before you traded it

Good luck with it,

George

Old 02-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Hi Jeff,

Congrats on the new car...but you'll be back with another Jag in a year or two. Either an XF or an XJ is my prediction. I would agree with on the S-Type's ride and handling. I haven't driven a car that really comes close to it. I drove a Charger for a day or two, but handling wise it was no match for the Jag. You could definitely tell the Charger was built to a price.

At least do the gangsta tint in the back for the kiddies.

Mike

Old 02-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by androulakis
Congrats Jeff!

Personally I like those cars, basically a Mercedes w210 chassis E class with an American body on it... Just don't get into "urbanizing" it LOL.

Now what did you "steal" from the car before you traded it

Good luck with it,

George
Thanks, yea I've always liked the LX cars... Magnum first, 300 next, then the Charger....

Funny how it has the Benz steering column and shfter as well....

Design is a personal thing... I just hate it when the 300 gets "pimped"...Don't worry mine won't...

Oh, don't worry, your "new style" cupholder is safe with me.... LOL

Look for a pm later....

I see John doesn't like them... "ugliest car ever"??? that's a little harsh..I can think of others that are worse... But, hey, design is a personal thing..

Old 02-02-2011, 08:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Congrats Jeff!!! I personally like the 300's, we even considered 1 prior to the Jag. Joyce did not like how skinny the windows are in the back for the babies, they would not have been able to see out.

Enjoy the new ride and check in on us!!

Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 AM
VMV
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Jeff, Congrats for your new ride! You are an awesome forum member and I hope you continue to post here. Please give us a report on your 300 after you've enjoyed it. My S is still running great and I love her too much to look at replacing her , though I have thought about getting a pickup truck. l like the Ford F series but would consider the Chrysler and GM products. How has your Dodge been for you?
Enjoy your 300.
VMV

Old 02-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,212 Likes on 1,752 Posts

Hope you like it! The SRT8 version was on my shopping list when I was looking for my STR. Plus's and minus's on each but was able to work the price much better for the STR. Also agree about the suspension. The Jaguar stood out in this aspect.

I REALLY like the SRT8 Challenger with the new 6.4L Hemi or as they called it the 392! 470 HP and 470 FT-Lb. Very nice locking rear end. 0-60 mph 4.5 sec

Old 02-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Veteran member

Originally Posted by VMV
Hi Jeff, Congrats for your new ride! You are an awesome forum member and I hope you continue to post here. Please give us a report on your 300 after you've enjoyed it. My S is still running great and I love her too much to look at replacing her , though I have thought about getting a pickup truck. l like the Ford F series but would consider the Chrysler and GM products. How has your Dodge been for you?
Enjoy your 300.
VMV
What Dodge? The Grand Caravan is just OK.... Nothing major wrong but it doesn't get the miles like my primary car... The Dodge 600, well it's role 99% of the time is to take up one half of the garage..

That car just comes out of it's hiding spot 3 or 4 times a year...

If you want to know about a Dodge Truck, PM Jon89. He has a Ram Pickup that he loves.

I plan on sticking around as well...
I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find a forum this good in the Chrysler world...

Thanks for the kind words..

Old 02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats on your new purchase! I'm saddened to see that you changed over to the dark side, jk! Hey to be honest with you I personally like the the looks of the 300C, just change out the front grill though and get the Bentley one and also the chrome caps next to fog lights where those small grills are, lastly get the SRT wheels, by the way you will need 3mm spacers for the front only if you go with the upgrade, just a heads up; then you will be set. I really hope you took out those rear tv's that you purchased not tooo long ago from the Jag , but anyhow thought I would dig this video up from Top Gear, which you may or may not have seen, enjoy amigo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCrWMnyQHL8

Last edited by jag79; 02-02-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Congrats, I presumed you would keep it as is , anyway it's your ride and your choice have many happy safe driving

Old 02-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Love the exterior. Hate the interior. I wish you all the best with your new car. All good things come to an end..

Old 02-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JOsworth
What Dodge? The Grand Caravan is just OK.... Nothing major wrong but it doesn't get the miles like my primary car... The Dodge 600, well it's role 99% of the time is to take up one half of the garage..

If you want to know about a Dodge Truck, PM Jon89. He has a Ram Pickup that he loves.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find a forum this good in the Chrysler world...

Hi Jeff,

I was actually looking at a Dodge Magnum AWD when I was shopping for the Jag. The main trouble is that they were too hard to find at my desired price range. They were anywhere from $2-3K more than the Jag. Anyway, the 300 should be a fun one with the Hemi. Just watch out for the OH smokies.

Mike

Old 02-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 505 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by JOsworth

You really should drive the 600 more. My 500sl takes up half my garage most of the year, but I still take it out every couple weeks and flog it a little bit just to keep everything from drying out.

(Even though I haven't driven it since before xmas because our road remains snow / ice covered since then).

Oh I fould a new avatar for you :P

(Strapping on bulletproof vest as we speak lol)

Seriously though, Retards who do this is the only reason that car has a bad name.

Take care,

George

Attached Thumbnails Sort of Off Topic...But I'm here most...-chrysler-300c-3.jpg  
Old 02-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I like the Hemi version......nice car. Hope it treats you well!

Old 02-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Veteran Member

Just for grins I got on autotrader to compare prices for a 2007 300C Hemi and a V8 S-Type. There were lots of 300Cs available within 100 miles but only ONE S-Type, an R model for $28K. I can see why Jeff was able to pick up a nice 300C, but where did all the V8 S-Types go? I can only surmise that their current owners are holding onto them pretty tightly.

Mike

Old 02-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 86 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by carelm
Just for grins I got on autotrader to compare prices for a 2007 300C Hemi and a V8 S-Type. There were lots of 300Cs available within 100 miles but only ONE S-Type, an R model for $28K. I can see why Jeff was able to pick up a nice 300C, but where did all the V8 S-Types go? I can only surmise that their current owners are holding onto them pretty tightly.

Mike
..If anyone is planning on getting a 300C, get either the AWD 300C or the SRT8, the "Multi-Displacement System" Delivering the power of a HEMI V8 with the fuel efficiency of a V6, the Multi-Displacement System (MDS) utilizes sensors to detect when full power isn't necessary and actually shuts off half of the eight cylinders only using 4 cyclinders resulting in up to 20 percent increase in fuel economy., I might trade my 99' Mercedes E320 for one of those bad boys, but never ever ever ever trade for a STR .

Last edited by jag79; 02-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Old 02-03-2011, 02:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Deserves the Max:

Name:  RICECITATION.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  75.4 KB

Quick Reply: Sort of Off Topic...But I'm here most...