Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum

Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/)
-   S-Type / S type R Supercharged V8 ( X200 ) (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/)
-   -   ELM 327 (https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s-type-s-type-r-supercharged-v8-x200-15/elm-327-a-212323/)

sgroves_69 01-01-2019 01:09 AM

ELM 327

Hi Jaguar people,
Has anyone had any experience with TOAD OBD2 software that bluetooths to Samsung android devices/smart phoes etc.
I have been told its got more depth than icarsoft i930 but have no idea myself. I am particularly searching for 2001 S Type V6 door security problem codes.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers,
Steve.

scottjh9 01-01-2019 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by sgroves_69 (Post 2007804)
Hi Jaguar people,
Has anyone had any experience with TOAD OBD2 software that bluetooths to Samsung android devices/smart phoes etc.
I have been told its got more depth than icarsoft i930 but have no idea myself. I am particularly searching for 2001 S Type V6 door security problem codes.
Hope someone can help.
Cheers,
Steve.

Never heard of toad obd2...I personally have the icarsoft i930 and it reads every module in my car...I have a ddm module problem right now that the 930 diagnosed perfectly...are you deciding between the 2...the only thing I see is one is corded and one wireless....if the toad has the same capability, then wireless can be a positive as well as pricing being a consideration....just checked toad out...it looks like it only accesses the ecu...won't help with a security problem....but, what it says it can do with the ECU is interesting... remapping parameters and tuning....tempting but can be dangerous if you push the wrong button without tuner's knowledge

sgroves_69 01-01-2019 07:35 PM

Hi Scottjh9,
Thank you for the thread reply and as your fault is the same as mine with a ddm problem I will order an i930. Can you tune your fuel performance with the i930 as well?
My door security probs are weird, #1 on drive-away I can hear the doors lock and then they immediately unlock. #2 with the fob they do the same except if I double click lock, the front LH passenger door and the rear RH passenger door remain able to be opened and the alarm goes off.???!!! The boot (trunk) always works fine.
I have worked hard since I bought her a year ago and these pesky little faults are the only thing wrong with a beautiful machine.
Thanks again,
Steve.

scottjh9 01-01-2019 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by sgroves_69 (Post 2008056)
Hi Scottjh9,
Thank you for the thread reply and as your fault is the same as mine with a ddm problem I will order an i930. Can you tune your fuel performance with the i930 as well?
My door security probs are weird, #1 on drive-away I can hear the doors lock and then they immediately unlock. #2 with the fob they do the same except if I double click lock, the front LH passenger door and the rear RH passenger door remain able to be opened and the alarm goes off.???!!! The boot (trunk) always works fine.
I have worked hard since I bought her a year ago and these pesky little faults are the only thing wrong with a beautiful machine.
Thanks again,
Steve.

The 930 cannot tune or any other programming...it will however interact with all modules and it has a code database for explanation and possible fixes...you might have 2 door latch failures going on, but best to read any codes first

sgroves_69 01-01-2019 08:13 PM

Thanks Scottjh9,
I guess its common sense to do as you advise. When I get the i930 I will "read" the codes first before ripping off any modules.
Cheers.
Steve

scottjh9 01-02-2019 03:00 PM

Just a thought...on my 06 everything door wise is controlled by a single module in the driver's door... maybe your year car has one in the passenger door to control the passenger side and it has failed... hopefully someone with a pre 2002.5 will chime in as I am not familiar with your vehicle specifics